Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #121
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Walking Dead

I'm just saying that anyone with two braincells to rub together would use the saw to either cut the cuffs or the iron bolt! Maybe he damaged both of em (the braincells) when he kept knocking his head against the floor?

If all he had was a knife I could see it, but... as it is, this was just the icing on an already pretty weak episode.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #122
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torious
I'm just saying that anyone with two braincells to rub together would use the saw to either cut the cuffs or the iron bolt! Maybe he damaged both of em (the braincells) when he kept knocking his head against the floor?

If all he had was a knife I could see it, but... as it is, this was just the icing on an already pretty weak episode.
i didn't like the carbon copied redneck character to begin with. i also wondered why he cut his hand off and not the cuffs, but it's a movie and you'll have to expect stupid things like that to happen that adds to the suspense. i hope the next episode makes up for this one.

also, the mains character's wife is a filthy whore.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #123
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have not read any posts from last night or today. I'm a week behind right now and I watched episode 2 last night. I'd like to say that the redneck character is probably the only problem I have with the series so far. I've seen a lot of zombie movies, and I'm sure most of you have as well, and he just seems like such a typical character to me. The wild guy who flies off the handle real quick...tough, always causing problems, just...so damn predictable. Not the show, but the character.

However, I cannot stress how happy I was that he 'died' off so quickly. I'm relieved, because I would've been distracted by his character had they kept him alive. Good move by the writers.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #124
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I have not read any posts from last night or today. I'm a week behind right now and I watched episode 2 last night. I'd like to say that the redneck character is probably the only problem I have with the series so far. I've seen a lot of zombie movies, and I'm sure most of you have as well, and he just seems like such a typical character to me. The wild guy who flies off the handle real quick...tough, always causing problems, just...so damn predictable. Not the show, but the character.

However, I cannot stress how happy I was that he 'died' off so quickly. I'm relieved, because I would've been distracted by his character had they kept him alive. Good move by the writers.

you are going to be very disappointed after seeing the latest episode, in multiple ways.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #125
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
you are going to be very disappointed after seeing the latest episode, in multiple ways.

I understand that a character like that is likely inevitable with a story like this, but after watching the last two episodes, I couldn't be happier with how it was handled. Wonderful stuff so far.

And this was my favorite episode. Jesus Christ do I love super-slow character driven stuff. That's probably why I fell in love with Rubicon.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #126
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

Love the lack of CGI. After years of that BS in movies, I'm relieved that some people still use makeup, rather than cheapening out. Who is this Ed character. He wasn't in the comics, was he?
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #127
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love the fact that everyone else also took notice of the fact that instead of sawing the links on the cuffs, the dude decided to saw his damn hand off.

My theory was that, maybe he felt rushed, seeing zombies struggling with the door, trying to get through, and he was in a panic, and decided to saw his hand off?

Kind of ridiculous though.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #128
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought maybe it was just because the saw(or so he thought) wouldn't have been able to get through the cuffs, or what they were attached to? Would have taken a long time, but it could have eventually worked. So yeah, I'm with you guys. What he was cuffed to(that little pipe/metal piece specifically) didn't look like it would withstand really hard kicks for half an hour or so. Maybe he was panicked, but he must have noticed that the door wasn't exactly giving any. I also wondered why he didn't bother to start trying to get free sooner. Oh well. Minor plot hole I guess, but it can be explained in a later episode by the guy just being looney tunes or something. Here's a thread on it: http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/wal...-his-hand.html

I'm liking the show so far, though not blown away. It's pretty standard(but good) zombie fare.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #129
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

There's no indication that he ever sawed his hand off. It's just as plausible that the zombies broke through the door and ate the rest of his body.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #130
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No. When the rescue crew came to save him, the door was still chained shut and they had to use bolt cutters to cut through it. So it's pretty safe to assume he sawed off his own had.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #131
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
No. When the rescue crew came to save him, the door was still chained shut and they had to use bolt cutters to cut through it. So it's pretty safe to assume he sawed off his own had.

Re-watching that scene to confirm.

I hate this character. He's encompassing my thoughts.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #132
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why is it so hard to find a reason to understand why he cut his arm off? For one(and most importantly), that character was insane. And two, if there's a bunch of screaming, hungry zombies banging at a partially opened door, I wouldn't exactly be patient in cutting the cuffs off slowly with a saw. Although a saw can probably cut cuffs, there's a good chance the saw itself could break during the process. I'm sure he thought more and more would come and they'd get through somehow. Add those things together and I think you have your answer as to why he did it.

Last edited by Undisputed : 11-17-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #133
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Why do you say he's insane?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #134
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

EDIT: SPOILER, somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Why do you say he's insane?
Insane as in acting like he has nothing to lose. The guy was a nutcase and unreasonable. If he wasn't insane before he was cuffed up there, he certainly was losing his sanity during the scenes where he was alone up there cuffed.

Last edited by Undisputed : 11-17-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #135
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Insane is probably a stronger word than I would use, but yeah, I can see what you're saying.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: