Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #1351
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Those pics are GOLDEN!

Funniest sh!t I've seen in a long time.

That Shane sh!t is so true, I said it myself, once things get hectic next season, they are gonna wish they had Shane's crazy ass for backup.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #1352
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

i still dont get how zombies in general dont dehydrate and die within 3 days
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #1353
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because they're no longer human and don't need water. It's not like zombies are real things or something.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #1354
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has decent reputation

my beef with zombies is doesn't it take muscles to walk/run or have any strength at all? so if their muscles are deteriorating how are they still able to keep walking or even running in some other zombie fiction? or even have the strength they do to rip into someone? does being a zombie automatically give you retard strength or something?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #1355
theaussieguy
Good High School Starter

theaussieguy has decent reputationtheaussieguy has decent reputation

i still cannot get passed the fact zombies managed to beat tanks and the airforce.....seriously.....cmon now......jokes on me i watched every episode but seriously....this show is farking retarded.

In that last episode they are like walking for ages, shanes apparently leading him into the woods away from the people so he can murder him, but no he leads him right onto the empty paddock right down from the house (also since when did the farm have big loping hills like in that last episode LOL) to kill him. Yeah lets shoot him 500m away from the farmhouse where everyone will no doubt hear the gunshot. Makes a lot of sense. Surely i wasn't the only one that noticed this glaring blooper. Its like they are trolling us seriously, i dunno how they could be so retarded but then again people who love zombie movies probably arn't the most analytical folk.

Seriously, some really really crappy DOP going on in this show but whatever.
theaussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1356
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Because they're no longer human and don't need water. It's not like zombies are real things or something.
i think what he's try to say is without water the cells in a human body will dry up and become hard as leather basically snap due to being brittle, I saw it someplace explaining why zombies couldnt exist based of the current zombie lore, 28days later virus zombies is more realistic and those died of after a couple of weeks. But since this is fantasy you can throw that out of the window.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #1357
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaussieguy
i still cannot get passed the fact zombies managed to beat tanks and the airforce.....seriously.....cmon now......jokes on me i watched every episode but seriously....this show is farking retarded.

In that last episode they are like walking for ages, shanes apparently leading him into the woods away from the people so he can murder him, but no he leads him right onto the empty paddock right down from the house (also since when did the farm have big loping hills like in that last episode LOL) to kill him. Yeah lets shoot him 500m away from the farmhouse where everyone will no doubt hear the gunshot. Makes a lot of sense. Surely i wasn't the only one that noticed this glaring blooper. Its like they are trolling us seriously, i dunno how they could be so retarded but then again people who love zombie movies probably arn't the most analytical folk.

Seriously, some really really crappy DOP going on in this show but whatever.

if you read world war z, this was basically explained when the humans made a last stand in New york I believe, the tanks fired ammo which were basically shells which kill people through air trauma damage, same with bombs from aircraft, basically a bomb or explosive generates a shockwave that for a living human is fatal, its crushes the lungs and destroys the nervous system also shrapnel is lethal to humans since they can hit vital organs. Since zombies no longer need to breath and have no important organ except the brain, conventional weapons dont work. Also Armies are trained to attack the largest part of the body when shooting but since zombies kill boxes are the brain they were easily overurn and panicked when shots to the bodies proved useless. Basically it was the shock of being unprepared. This was eventually adjusted but the intial attack basically wiped out the general population.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #1358
theaussieguy
Good High School Starter

theaussieguy has decent reputationtheaussieguy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
if you read world war z, this was basically explained when the humans made a last stand in New york I believe, the tanks fired ammo which were basically shells which kill people through air trauma damage, same with bombs from aircraft, basically a bomb or explosive generates a shockwave that for a living human is fatal, its crushes the lungs and destroys the nervous system also shrapnel is lethal to humans since they can hit vital organs. Since zombies no longer need to breath and have no important organ except the brain, conventional weapons dont work. Also Armies are trained to attack the largest part of the body when shooting but since zombies kill boxes are the brain they were easily overurn and panicked when shots to the bodies proved useless. Basically it was the shock of being unprepared. This was eventually adjusted but the intial attack basically wiped out the general population.

ahh kk that makes sense i suppose, well sense enough
theaussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #1359
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
i still dont get how zombies in general dont dehydrate and die within 3 days
Oh, you.

If you are watching anything zombie related and you haven't read the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, you're doing it wrong. Buy it now. It's my second favorite book (first would be World War Z, Max Brook's second book).

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Surviva.../dp/1400049628

Last edited by Droid101 : 03-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #1360
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101

Oh, you.

If you are watching anything zombie related and you haven't read the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, you're doing it wrong. Buy it now. It's my second favorite book (first would be World War Z, Max Brook's second book).

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Surviva.../dp/1400049628

yup good book havent really read survival guide fully but am reading z war again, I hope they dont Fhuuck up the movie and lolz all those pics are hilarious.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #1361
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

World War Z was ****ing awesome and warrants a second read.

The Survival guide was good, but a little bland in spots. A lot of list reading. It almost felt like it was written sarcastically, but it doesn't play as funny (almost like when someone makes a joke out of being way too into something or taking something way more serious than the subject merits). So then they took they anectdotal stuff from it and blew it out into WWZ, with a much more serious slant.

Plus the guy is Mel Brooks' son.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #1362
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
World War Z was ****ing awesome and warrants a second read.

The Survival guide was good, but a little bland in spots. A lot of list reading. It almost felt like it was written sarcastically, but it doesn't play as funny (almost like when someone makes a joke out of being way too into something or taking something way more serious than the subject merits). So then they took they anectdotal stuff from it and blew it out into WWZ, with a much more serious slant.

Plus the guy is Mel Brooks' son.
which is why I cant believe the idiots it Walking dead are camping out in the open or in some farm house, they should have from the start found either a mountain hideaway, or a building with high gated walls and a garden to grow stuff
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #1363
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Frankly, World War Z while enjoyable....was a tad bit overrated. I've read better zombie stuff from lesser known authors. I have a library of about 20 zombie books.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #1364
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Frankly, World War Z while enjoyable....was a tad bit overrated. I've read better zombie stuff from lesser known authors. I have a library of about 20 zombie books.

I'm reading Dead Air right now, which is enjoyable. But the bullet point approach WWZ took I found to be a perfect method for building the entire zombie mythos. The affect in water, the affect in cold, heat, swamp, desert, affect of weapons. It just hit a lot of question marks that it felt like it was able to do because the mechanism it used allowed it to not have to chase a narrative.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #1365
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i think what he's try to say is without water the cells in a human body will dry up and become hard as leather basically snap due to being brittle, I saw it someplace explaining why zombies couldnt exist based of the current zombie lore

What I'm saying is that it's fantasy, so they can make up whatever they want about them (just like vampires).

Quote:
28days later virus zombies is more realistic and those died of after a couple of weeks. But since this is fantasy you can throw that out of the window.

More realistic? Aren't those the ones that can run around at full speed?

Quote:
Since zombies no longer need to breath and have no important organ except the brain, conventional weapons dont work.

Why couldn't they use armored vehicles to just plow through hordes of zombies or just lure them to wherever they want?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: