Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #1456
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Walking Dead

When Lori told him she knew he wasn't a killer, I became pretty confident he'd turn into a killer just to spite her, which I'm pretty sure at least a part why he killed the loose cannon spanish prisoner guy.

I do think it's weird no one has made the case that "hey, there's only a handfull of living people we've run into in the last year or so, perhaps we should try to join forces for everyone's sake" play. I suppose Rick did it a little with Hershel's group.

Seeing even the inklings of a zombie c-section was incredibly troubling. Who's watching her from the weeds you reckon?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1457
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
^haha yah

i thought rick was just gonna maybe knock the guy out, and give him a stern warning (although he's already given him many)

but Rick went full out for the kill

bawse

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #1458
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
When Lori told him she knew he wasn't a killer, I became pretty confident he'd turn into a killer just to spite her, which I'm pretty sure at least a part why he killed the loose cannon spanish prisoner guy.

I do think it's weird no one has made the case that "hey, there's only a handfull of living people we've run into in the last year or so, perhaps we should try to join forces for everyone's sake" play. I suppose Rick did it a little with Hershel's group.

Seeing even the inklings of a zombie c-section was incredibly troubling. Who's watching her from the weeds you reckon?
The other leader purposely threw a zombie onto Rick. I don't think Rick had a choice but to kill dude.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #1459
The Real JW
High School Starter

The Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this board

Quote:
Who's watching her from the weeds you reckon?

The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #1460
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
The other leader purposely threw a zombie onto Rick. I don't think Rick had a choice but to kill dude.

Almost f*cked him up before that too. Rick really had no choice to kill him, esp after the way he killed the other dude. They set up a perfect clean conscience kill.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #1461
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This is the same thing I've always thought. I guess it's because of the limited resources, but if I was in that situation, I'd prefer to join up with as many people as possible and pool what resources we have. If there's a loose cannon or someone that can't be trusted, deal with them.

One of the coolest parts of the show has been Rick's transformation from a(n unrealistic?) optimist to a hardened leader who's the clear cut leader of the group and ensures the safety of the group at all costs, even if it means killing other living people in the process.

Last edited by Grinder : 10-22-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #1462
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
ensures the safety of the group at all costs, even if it means killing other living people in the process.

Ya, Rick knows what he and the group has risked to get themselves in the prison (that cell block in particular). He's not gonna give that up.

I totally get why he killed the loco hispanic guy, but why give the small black dude to the zombies?
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #1463
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Ya, Rick knows what he and the group has risked to get themselves in the prison (that cell block in particular). He's not gonna give that up.

I totally get why he killed the loco hispanic guy, but why give the small black dude to the zombies?
probably doesn't want him around his future infant.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #1464
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
probably doesn't want him around his future infant.

Probably. Why not just group him w/ the other two, though? They have their own cell block.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #1465
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Probably. Why not just group him w/ the other two, though? They have their own cell block.
honestly, i'm surprised they let that guy on the show to begin with. maybe they didn't do their research before they hired him.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #1466
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
This is the same thing I've always thought. I guess it's because of the limited resources, but if I was in that situation, I'd prefer to join up with as many people as possible and pool what resources we have. If there's a loose cannon or someone that can't be trusted, deal with them.

One of the coolest parts of the show has been Rick's transformation from a(n unrealistic?) optimist to a hardened leader who's the clear cut leader of the group and ensures the safety of the group at all costs, even if it means killing other living people in the process.

I agree since Rick killed off Shane, hes become more ruthless and thinking quickly now. but I dont think Rick has made it all the way to Shane mentality yet where hes just killing off other people if they knowingly threaten the group or not. Shane was cold-blooded. Rick isnt there yet. Rick had a right to fear prisoners who were locked up for a reason and if he found just a small single reason to not trust them, he was gonna kill them.

If Rick was at Shane level killing, he would have offed those 2 remaining prisoners who hadnt shown any evil intentions yet. He let them live so Rick is still good cop for now.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #1467
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Rick had no choice but to off Tomas, you can't just swing on a dude then launch a zombie on top of him and expect it to be all good after that.

Rick's got a son in Carl to look after while Tomas didn't give a f*ck about that (if he even knew) but the fact is w/ out question Tomas had to die, period.

"Oh I get it now. Shit happens."

Always liked Rick and like him even more now.

Btw love how Daryl was down to off the dude when they were walking down the hall towards the cell block even before Rick actually did it.

"Just give the word." (Paraphrase).
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #1468
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rick was a cop. He's a lot more likely to assume those guys are in prison for a reason and are probably shitty people than think hey let's team up! It's the zombie apocalypse, I'm not trusting anybody, especially with a son to protect. They've survived this long, he's probably of the opinion by now that adding anyone else is a burden.

We all hate Lori, but her and Rick's relationship actually has a story to tell now. Post-apocalyptic world, the marriage is basically over, Rick doesn't love her anymore, but they have Carl and it's not like she can just leave the group. That's (in theory) an interesting dynamic.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #1469
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Lori is handing out death sentences like it's nothing. The other 2 left don't seem like bad people, and I guess they did the safe thing in putting them far away from the rest of the group. The main leader was obviously of evil intention. He was btchmade because he thought he was the leader and all of a sudden Rick comes along and makes him look inferior as hell in front of the rest of the crew. He definitely had to be killed like that. I would have preferred they did it an episode later.

But I guess they are moving along smoothly. I haven't read the comics but my sis has and she tells me the governor is pretty badass. So let's get it on
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #1470
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
But I guess they are moving along smoothly. I haven't read the comics but my sis has and she tells me the governor is pretty badass. So let's get it on

From the preview of next week's episode, it looks like the main focus will be on Andrea and Michonne meeting up with The Governor's crew.

Should be a good one but I'll be disappointed if the jail doesn't get any screen time.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: