Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool
Default Aggressive Low Post Defense

Occasionally, I play with the guy who boxes me out by ramming his back into me and dislodging me instead of backing me down. On rebounds, even if he's closer to the basket, he'd back into me hard just to get that little bit of extra space. Is any of that legal?
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

J21 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Aggressive Low Post Defense

on defense I doubt this is legal, however on rebounds pretty much anything goes, so I'd say it's ok on boxing out
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

If you stick your elbow out once in a while, he wouldn't dare ramming into you. There's your solution.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can use swim moves and spin moves to get the rebounding position. Try it from further away from the basket, he won't know what is coming to him. You'll have more speed, use that momentum to get him out of the way. Try the 'tap move' a couple of times too. If he's that physical he'll react to the contact you give him. Those finesse moves will work against a physical rebounder.

If you don't feel like doing that just handcheck the shit out of him or just go over the back in some situations.

Also, stay low. Gives you much better rebounding position.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
If you stick your elbow out once in a while, he wouldn't dare ramming into you. There's your solution.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's the worst rebounding technique I've heard of. For him to do that consistently means that he's trying to assert his dominance over you by being extremely physical. Just move out of the way with a swim move like a poster above me suggested and when he lands on his ass, he think twice before ever doing that again.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Pull the chair. Works like a charm against people who really want to throw their weight around mindlessly
Swaggin916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

When he rams his back, juke him then give him a little push off to cut in front of him. Once that happens, box him out hard. Alot of these guys put on a tough act in the post but if you bump them around or play physically they back down or get angry which leads to mistakes made by them.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: