Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NCAA fans: What do you think of Cam Newton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Additional question: Does anyone care whether Auburn is paying him or not? Do we care about athletes getting paid off in general anymore? There was probably some local backlash in Cali but I don't know anyone that really cares about the Bush scandal beyond making small jokes.

Nope, I really don't care. It gets problematic when schools lose out on players during recruitment but it doesn't bother or surprise me.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Caught cheating three times at Florida.

Tried to put his name on someone else's paper, then pulled the old internet cut & paste for the same assignment. Also bought a stolen computer.

Him not being into acdemics doesn't bother me. The dishonesty bugs me a little though. I'd also guess he's going to do poorly on the Wonderlic.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Caught cheating three times at Florida.

Tried to put his name on someone else's paper, then pulled the old internet cut & paste for the same assignment. Also bought a stolen computer.

Him not being into acdemics doesn't bother me. The dishonesty bugs me a little though. I'd also guess he's going to do poorly on the Wonderlic.
yeah, its a pretty big character flag that he was caught cheating three times and would have probably been expelled if he didnt transfer. no one expels college athletes. does character count in the nfl like in the nba (cousins slipping 4 spots due to his "character" issues)?

I am not sure how he projects as a pro, but damn hes an athlete.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, its a pretty big character flag that he was caught cheating three times and would have probably been expelled if he didnt transfer. no one expels college athletes. does character count in the nfl like in the nba (cousins slipping 4 spots due to his "character" issues)?

I am not sure how he projects as a pro, but damn hes an athlete.

Character is big. Look at Dez who slipped far because of his percieved flaws.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #20
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Character is big. Look at Dez who slipped far because of his percieved flaws.

Mike Williams slipped to the 4th round and Blount went undrafted....
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Additional question: Does anyone care whether Auburn is paying him or not? Do we care about athletes getting paid off in general anymore? There was probably some local backlash in Cali but I don't know anyone that really cares about the Bush scandal beyond making small jokes.

No and to be honest I think the whole taking money in college thing is blown out of proportion. The media makes it sound like it's the worst thing, like it's a mortal sin. And what's funny is that the colleges market these guys, games "feature" them, etc. but then if someone dares even think about taking money everyone's like: "Ohh that is terrible!"

I also don't think his cheating is going to be a huge deal to scouts, and I would imagine it happens in college sports a decent amount. He'll def be the most interesting prospect when workouts start coming around.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
No and to be honest I think the whole taking money in college thing is blown out of proportion. The media makes it sound like it's the worst thing, like it's a mortal sin. And what's funny is that the colleges market these guys, games "feature" them, etc. but then if someone dares even think about taking money everyone's like: "Ohh that is terrible!"

I also don't think his cheating is going to be a huge deal to scouts, and I would imagine it happens in college sports a decent amount. He'll def be the most interesting prospect when workouts start coming around.
The cheating isn't necessarily the end of the world, but being involved with a stolen computer would make me think twice. I suppose if my coaching staff was telling me he was a Pro Bowl talent I'd still take him but being involved with thieves is serious to me. And it also shows a certain amount of stupidity. He could have been the guy taking over for Tebow. He's as big now as he could have been as a Gator so it worked out ok for him but he still should have better judgment, even as a young NCAA player, than to risk his future on something that petty, not even getting into the lack of morals also being demonstrated. He doesn't sound smart at all.

Last edited by Real Men Wear Green : 11-09-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The cheating isn't necessarily the end of the world, but being involved with a stolen computer would make me think twice. I suppose if my coaching staff was telling me he was a Pro Bowl talent I'd still take him but but being involved with thieves is serious to me. And it also shows a certain amount of stupidity. He could have been the guy taking over for Tebow. He's as big now as he could have been as a Gator so it worked out ok for him but he still should have better judgment, even as a young NCAA player, than to risk his future on something that petty, not even getting into the lack of morals also being demonstrated. He doesn't sound smart at all.

Urban Meyer is really mad
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I'm also put off by him trying to steal another student's work, that's also another stupid bit of dishonorable behavior. If you want to cut and paste online it's not good but that's one thing, you're only risking yourself. But to put your name on someone else's assignment? He should not be potentially getting other people in trouble for the sake of his own laziness. And it's also really dumb. Like it's not going to come up when the other student doesn't turn in their work? "Smith, where's your paper?" "Huh? What? I just turned it in!" "I don't see it." "Oh, wow...uh, ok, as soon as I get back to my dorm I'll e-mail the document."

These are some red flags to me.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Urban Meyer is really mad
Most definitely, although he'd never show it. Brantley isn't right for that offense, he'd be better off with a more traditional passing game.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #26
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Most definitely, although he'd never show it. Brantley isn't right for that offense, he'd be better off with a more traditional passing game.

He's showing it by putting out info about Newton's cheating.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
He's showing it by putting out info about Newton's cheating.
Meyer could be the source, could also be someone else in the UF athletic or disciplinary departments. I think the last thing he'd want to do right now is remind the NCAA that Newton was a Gator though. Newton's suspected of taking payments, so the next logical step is to see if the schools he's gone to have been paying him. Gators want no part of this controversy right now, especially when they've already got to deal with a bad season.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Cam Newton has shown some good composure dealing with this situation and the media thus far.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #29
Sarcastic

Quote:
Meyer could be the source, could also be someone else in the UF athletic or disciplinary departments. I think the last thing he'd want to do right now is remind the NCAA that Newton was a Gator though. Newton's suspected of taking payments, so the next logical step is to see if the schools he's gone to have been paying him. Gators want no part of this controversy right now, especially when they've already got to deal with a bad season.

I don't think Meyer is the direct source, but I don't think that information was released without it passing by his desk first.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
I don't think Meyer is the direct source, but I don't think that information was released without it passing by his desk first.
It's possible but this move would do UF no good and possibly draw unwanted attention from the NCAA, with the Pouncey issue fairly recent. They really don't need or want this kind of attention. And what's the benefit, further damage to an ex-players reputation? Doesn't sound productive at all.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: