Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Gasol

Sam Smith wrote about it yesterday, Marc Stein says that he's available.

This is the kind of move that is a no-brainer.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

that would be a good move if pax can get him...but, who do you think pax is gonna get rid off?...if the grizz wants sweetney and maybe p.j. brown and a pick or duhon......it would be nice to have gasol here.........

gasol doesn't wear headbands, does he? hehehehehe......
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I'd do it
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
that would be a good move if pax can get him...but, who do you think pax is gonna get rid off?...if the grizz wants sweetney and maybe p.j. brown and a pick or duhon......it would be nice to have gasol here.........

gasol doesn't wear headbands, does he? hehehehehe......
grizz would want more than that you would have to give up gordon, nocioni or deng and a first to get him
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I would include someone like Duhon, Allen, Sweetney, P.J Brown and the next three first rounders starting from 2008. A couple second rounders would also make the deal more convincing for the Grizzlies. I think this would be a reasonable trade because the Grizzlies would be getting a lot in return. Duhon is a good point gaurd that is capable of being a starter, Allen would give them size and he's developing a great mid range game. Sweetney is a little out of shape, but is not to bad when it comes to scoring some baskets down low. P.J. Brown gives them a big defensive veteran presence, who consistanly averaged double doubles throughout his career.

P.S. For this trade to work I don't think the Bulls would have to give up a core player such as Nocioni or Deng. If they also wanted cash along with some of the players and picks listed above than I say the Bulls should not hesitate. Gasol would really help our need for a scoring big man down low.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I would include someone like Duhon, Allen, Sweetney, P.J Brown and the next three first rounders starting from 2008. A couple second rounders would also make the deal more convincing for the Grizzlies. I think this would be a reasonable trade because the Grizzlies would be getting a lot in return. Duhon is a good point gaurd that is capable of being a starter, Allen would give them size and he's developing a great mid range game. Sweetney is a little out of shape, but is not to bad when it comes to scoring some baskets down low. P.J. Brown gives them a big defensive veteran presence, who consistanly averaged double doubles throughout his career.

P.S. For this trade to work I don't think the Bulls would have to give up a core player such as Nocioni or Deng. If they also wanted cash along with some of the players and picks listed above than I say the Bulls should not hesitate. Gasol would really help our need for a scoring big man down low.

I don't think anyone in the league is worth 3 first round picks, and I also wouldn't want to trade for someone just coming off an injury like Gasol's. Although, I would like to have someone on the roster that is over 6-10 that actually plays. Too bad nobody would take Big Ben...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 AM   #7
King_CB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King_CB has an OK reputation so far

I read somewhere that the Grizz need a PG so yall would probably have to part with Duhon (in a package) cuz I know Hinrich is untouchable.

Gasol would solve your low post problems.

We'll see how the new ownership will work out in Memphis, cuz they just said Gasol is not being shopped...but Owners/GM's always say that.
King_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:42 AM   #8
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Gasol is a 20 and 10 low post dude, there is no way we get him without giving up Gordon or Deng. I'd give Gordon and PJ and whatever throw ins they want to match salaries like duhon, sweetney, or allen.

A lineup of Kirk, Thabo, Deng, Gasol and Wallace with Noce as 6th man would be pretty awesome and would probably contend. Personally I would prefer Gasol over Garnett cos he has so many years of dominance to come, Who would others prefer???
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Who would you guys trade though.. besides PJ and Gordon because I don't think the numbers work out in the trade machine.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Who would you guys trade though.. besides PJ and Gordon because I don't think the numbers work out in the trade machine.

well, according to the salaries i pulled up from this site.... if we trade gasol and eddie jones (together they make about 27 mill) for pj brown duhon sweetney gordon thats about even , salary wise. then id throw in the bulls pick for this season.

what do you guys think? fair trade???
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Gordon is going anywhere.

They may give up a pick and maybe one of the rookies,
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: