Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
SunsRisin2DaTop
I brick open layups

SunsRisin2DaTop has decent reputation
Default Turkoglu and Childress?

Just heard on NBATv summer league, that we traded Barbs to toronto and got turkoglu back and then traded a upcoming pick for Josh Childress.
SunsRisin2DaTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
dillion Stockman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dillion Stockman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Turkoglu and Childress?

Turkoglu is he relevant childress I use 2 dig his game Have 2 see him play again
dillion Stockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
dillion Stockman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dillion Stockman has an OK reputation so far
Red face Re: Turkoglu and Childress?

Afther further review Childress is a GREAT pick up. Turkoglu will thrive in the Suns system. Still does nothing to boost our starters rebounding/defense. But in Gentry's system both Turkoglu and Childress will be great! I love this move!
dillion Stockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm definately optimistic about this signing. 2 years ago Turkoglu was beasting it in Orlando and then got lost in Toronto. If there is a place someone can find themselves it's on the Suns. It's not like he has to operate under any pressure, Suns are not expected to do anything this upcoming season (much like last season). Now.....

Barbosa is gone!!!!!!

DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LAS VEGAS - The Suns are on the verge of acquiring forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress, swiftly rebounding from the loss of Amar'e Stoudemire with two impact players.

The Suns would send seven-year veteran guard Leandro Barbosa and late-season addition Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Turkoglu, a 6-foot-10 forward from Turkey with versatile skills to shoot from long range and be a playmaker. Toronto would then move Jones and its trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw.

Phoenix will send a 2012 second-round pick to Atlanta in a sign-and-trade deal for Childress, who will leave Greece for a five-year, $33 million contract to play for the Suns.

Turkoglu, 31, has played 10 NBA seasons with four teams and wanted out of Toronto after being unhappy there in the first year of a five-year, $53 million contract. To come to Phoenix, Turkoglu is yielding about $5 million of his trade kicker and reducing the guaranteed money on the final year of his contract, which was worth $12 million in 2013-14. He also has an early termination option on that season.

Turkoglu will make $9.8 million, $10.6 million and $11.4 million salaries in the next three seasons while Barbosa, coming off his career's worst shooting season, was owed $14.7 million for the next two seasons.

Turkoglu averaged 11.3 points last season on 40.9 percent shooting, his lowest scoring average and shooting percentage in six years.

Two seasons ago, Turkoglu was the NBA's Most Improved Player when he averaged 19.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.6 assists for Orlando and followed it up with a 2008-09 season with averages of 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists with the Magic.

Turkoglu could become the Suns' starting power forward in place of Stoudemire, allowing new acquisition Hakim Warrick to come off the bench with Childress, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic.

Turkoglu nearly became a Suns player in 2004, when he had an agreement in principle with then Suns General Manager Bryan Colangelo and was in Phoenix when Orlando called with a better offer. This deal was negotiated between Colangelo and Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver, who had an ugly split in 2006 when Colangelo left Phoenix midseason for Toronto.

Phoenix must acquire Childress from Atlanta, which still has his rights after he left the Hawks and the NBA to take a three-year, $20 million deal with the Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. The Suns are using $6.5 million of the trade exception acquired in Friday's Stoudemire trade to make the deal work without sending Atlanta a player of similar value. Phoenix also used $4 million the trade exception to acquire Warrick in a sign-and-trade deal Friday.

The Suns have about $5.7 million of the exception remaining after the Childress and Warrick deals.

Childress, 27, is able to leave Greece early to sign with the Suns. Childress, the sixth pick in the 2004 draft from Stanford, is a 6-foot-8 swingman who is a quality defender and averaged 11.1 points over four seasons with Atlanta, shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 36 percent on 3-pointers.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...childress.html
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I am loving this move. Naturallly I have to see them play on the court first. But on paper, this is nice. We get more flexiblity more depth and this gives us more options on the floor.

I hate seeing Barbosa leaving the valley of the sun. But with Goran getting better, it was a battle for minutes. But this Hedo and Josh move is nice. I can't wait to see this duo on the court.

Go move, Suns brass
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was pretty hesitant about this deal simply because of how little Hedo succeeded in Toronto, but now Im feeling a tad bit better. I'd love to see him thrive but I want to know now what happens to the rotation? To see Clark getting ignored even more would kill me.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I was pretty hesitant about this deal simply because of how little Hedo succeeded in Toronto, but now Im feeling a tad bit better. I'd love to see him thrive but I want to know now what happens to the rotation? To see Clark getting ignored even more would kill me.

It could give Clark more time to develope, he'll probably still get more minutes than he did last year (almost none) but won't have the pressure to produce.

The way this team is shaping up reminds me of the Pistons from their title run.. I am not saying we are going to make a title run but with how deep our bench is, and lack of a real dominate superstar (no offense to Nash) I think we'll be a lot more relevent than most people are saying.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #9
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Excellent move by Sarver. We're becoming deeper and deeper. I like this; something Colangelo & D'antoni never thought to incorporate. Our bench really benefits from this trade as well as our starting lineup. Turkoglu will probably start in place of Amare but here's just an alternate lineup to think about.

Nash

J-rich

Turkoglu

Warrick

Lopez

I guess the only problem with that is grant hill would sit .. and we have too many SF's floating around if this was the lineup but i feel like warrick can hit the boards better at the 4 than Hedo and we all know Hedo can convert to a great 3.

Hm.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXsunsROCK1105
Excellent move by Sarver. We're becoming deeper and deeper. I like this; something Colangelo & D'antoni never thought to incorporate. Our bench really benefits from this trade as well as our starting lineup. Turkoglu will probably start in place of Amare but here's just an alternate lineup to think about.

Nash

J-rich

Turkoglu

Warrick

Lopez

I guess the only problem with that is grant hill would sit .. and we have too many SF's floating around if this was the lineup but i feel like warrick can hit the boards better at the 4 than Hedo and we all know Hedo can convert to a great 3.

Hm.

I'm wondering if we try and package some sf's for another C or PF... thats a pretty big logjam at SF we have. JRich being our only SG will be very important this year. I think much like the playoffs, as JRich goes so the Suns go this year
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
I'm wondering if we try and package some sf's for another C or PF... thats a pretty big logjam at SF we have. JRich being our only SG will be very important this year. I think much like the playoffs, as JRich goes so the Suns go this year

I think that would be a smart move considering warrick at the 4 would work out better. And losing J-rich would only hurt us.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #12
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

With all the long deals they've given out this year, I think they won't re-up Dudley. They should use him in a trade package. He'd be very valuable for someone. Should never have kept Frye unless Amare was coming back IMO, or maybe even then. Between JRich's expiring deal,Dudley,Clark and maybe even Dragic in a deal for a star, plus draft picks, you should be able to come up with an interesting package, ideally for an true PF.
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #13
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
With all the long deals they've given out this year, I think they won't re-up Dudley. They should use him in a trade package. He'd be very valuable for someone. Should never have kept Frye unless Amare was coming back IMO, or maybe even then. Between JRich's expiring deal,Dudley,Clark and maybe even Dragic in a deal for a star, plus draft picks, you should be able to come up with an interesting package, ideally for an true PF.

Dragic will not be traded.. not that I'm overrating him but the Suns have him pegged as the heir apparent. Barbosa was pegged that way once and look how long they held onto him and even resigned him to that ridiculous deal.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Dragic will not be traded.. not that I'm overrating him but the Suns have him pegged as the heir apparent. Barbosa was pegged that way once and look how long they held onto him and even resigned him to that ridiculous deal.

They'd trade him, but only for a star. JMO
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: