Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Gallinari wakes up in Knicks Nov. 4 win over Bulls

Knicks hit 16 3s in win over Bulls -- The AP reports: Toney Douglas isn’t going to pass up shots, and on nights like this, the New York Knicks don’t mind. Douglas scored a career-high 30 points, and New York made 16 of 24 3-point attempts in a 120-112 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Thursday... Danilo Gallinari hit four 3s without a miss and finished with 24 points— all but three in the first half as the Knicks took a 21-point lead in going up 70-52 at halftime. Raymond Felton was 4 of 6 from long range and finished with 20 points and 10 assists, while Amare Stoudemire added 14 points and eight rebounds. The Knicks forced 20 turnovers and got a reprieve after a dramatic first week... They overcame another big effort from Chicago’s Derrick Rose, who scored 24 points and had 14 assists, but he sat out the final 9:31.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/daily.shtml#ixzz14PjSiUCu
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gallinari wakes up in Knicks Nov. 4 win over Bulls

Great win, blazing shooting which can't be expected every night.

Bad coaching by Chi. Rose should be on the floor in the fourth.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Great win, blazing shooting which can't be expected every night.

Bad coaching by Chi. Rose should be on the floor in the fourth.

Why do you say that? I do expect Gallinari to shoot the lights out on most nights. I don't expect Tony Douglas to get 30, but I also don't expect Amar'e to be a turnover machine too.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well... Gallo 100%, Toney 56%, Felton 67% from downtown... If that happens everynight we could even reach the finals
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Well... Gallo 100%, Toney 56%, Felton 67% from downtown... If that happens everynight we could even reach the finals

Not saying I expect that, but do you expect Gallinari to shoot 18% from downtown like he had the first 3 games?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Why do you say that? I do expect Gallinari to shoot the lights out on most nights. I don't expect Tony Douglas to get 30, but I also don't expect Amar'e to be a turnover machine too.
You expect Gallo to make every three he takes?

Come on dude. i don't expect that on any night.

Efficient yes, but last night he was unstoppable.

It will be rare to see him unstoppable, not on most nights.

I'm trying to be realistic here.

Gallo played a very good game. He was in the paint as well as out deep.

That is when he is at his best.

I wish that could be the norm, but that isn't realistic.

Hopefully since his hand wasn't taped, it can help him produce more, and none of that first 3 games crap.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You expect Gallo to make every three he takes?

Come on dude. i don't expect that on any night.

Efficient yes, but last night he was unstoppable.

It will be rare to see him unstoppable, not on most nights.

I'm trying to be realistic here.

Gallo played a very good game. He was in the paint as well as out deep.

That is when he is at his best.

I wish that could be the norm, but that isn't realistic.

Hopefully since his hand wasn't taped, it can help him produce more, and none of that first 3 games crap.

I don't expect him to be 100% every night, but I do expect him to better than 18% like he had been in the first 3 games. He only scored 24 points last night. I expect him as the number 2 option on a fast pace team to be a 20 point scorer. If he can't do that, then he is much worse than I originally thought, and should be traded ASAP.

Tony Douglas was the real shocker last night. We obviously can't expect him to drop 30 every night, but also shouldn't expect Amar'e to shoot 5-21 and have 8 turnovers. Their two performances pretty much cancel each other out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: