Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Rip hamilton completely shut out of rotation

Pistons coach John Kuester said he made an attempt to sit down with guard Richard Hamilton. Hamilton, according to reports, said he was approached by longtime head of team security Jerry Hendon and apparently was offended. Kuester was asked if he needed to do more, but said he feels like he's done his part. Detroit News

"We've reached out, and we have the open-door policy," Kuester said. "There's a combination (of responsibility). Anytime a player need to talk, my door is always open." The bigger issue, seemingly, is what respect or loyalty players feel they're owed. Kuester said it's a unique situation for everybody, as Hamilton hasn't played in seven games. Detroit News

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz1C5XkUvID
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rip hamilton completely shut out of rotation

Yeah, rather than sending an assistant coach to talk to Hamilton coach Kuester decided he would send a trainer. That's real professional. I can see why Hamilton was upset by that. For everything he's done for the organization and to have Kuester just play games with him is ridiculous. Hamilton has been cool throughout this whole issue. He's said the right things in the media and hasn't really pointed fingers. He's a guy who can still put up 20ppg in the league. It amazes me how bad of a coach Kuester has been. They put out things like this to try to make him look better but educated fans know what's going on. He's basically completed diminished the trade value of Detroit's two best players and they will get nothing in return for them. Plus being labeled as a coach that players don't like isn't going to be attractive to FA's.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
yhaanraads
I hit open layups

yhaanraads has an OK reputation so far

I hope the C's buy him out. It such a waste for his last years to be sitting on the bench the whole time.
yhaanraads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
tbrulz
I airball my layups

tbrulz has an OK reputation so far

Man such a sad situation. There was an article in the newspaper about how Dumars, out of the original starting Championship Starting 5, basically picked RIP to lead the Pistons into the next era... Never thought it'd come to this.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011012...oice-by-Dumars

Once the ownership thing clears up, which I heard should be in February according to Clubhouse Confidential, hopefully we can do something with RIP. He definitely deserves better than this..
tbrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: