Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Isiah Thomas still lusts after a Knicks job

The Isiah Thomas cloud suffocated the Knicks again yesterday, ticking off club management and forcing team president Donnie Walsh to react to a topic he dislikes more than asbestos. Walsh acted edgily in response to questions that Thomas had stepped up his campaign to take over after Walsh retires. Thomas made outrageous remarks about winning a title with the Knicks, recruiting LeBron James if he opts out of his current contract in 2014 and how he would have acquired James had he remained as team president. NY Post

Walsh, who still is rehabbing from spinal-cord surgery and whose option for a final year can be picked up by team owner James Dolan in March, was asked about retirement yesterday. "When I hear the word retirement, it's a choice I make," he snapped. One Knicks executive said, referring to Thomas' spoutings, "Great timing, wasn't it?" NY Post

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14XFZ0Aj8
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Isiah Thomas still lusts after a Knicks job

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How must his team at FIU feel after reading this? I mean he's clearly delusional, but what kind of message does he send to players and families if his main focus it seems, is on another team???

He needs to understand that if he wants to salvage his legacy, college coaches have a higher prestige than those in the NBA world. He can build a new and lasting legacy down in Miami, but no, he's living in fantasy land, stuck on the New York Knicks not realizing that NO ONE wants him there except for our jackass owner.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

I'm almost convinced that Dolan gets head from Isiah.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im pretty sure FIU knew Thomas was using them as a stepping stone from jump.Im sure they are pleased with the press that they otherwise would not be getting.

Thomas simply can never return as GM.He and Dolan have both ruined his name and credibility.However,unlike alot of ppl,I'm not opposed to him being a consultant.He has a real eye for talent.Especially under the radar talent.I think even his harshest critics would be fools not to agree with that.He just isnt good at all when it comes to money...as most black men arent when they have it @ their disposal lol
P.S. New York Knicks....your hilarious
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im pretty sure FIU knew Thomas was using them as a stepping stone from jump.Im sure they are pleased with the press that they otherwise would not be getting.

Thomas simply can never return as GM.He and Dolan have both ruined his name and credibility.However,unlike alot of ppl,I'm not opposed to him being a consultant.He has a real eye for talent.Especially under the radar talent.I think even his harshest critics would be fools not to agree with that.He just isnt good at all when it comes to money...as most black men arent when they have it @ their disposal lol
P.S. New York Knicks....your hilarious
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i almost threw up
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Looks like Isiah may have screwed us again:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...asknicks110810
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Sure Zeke has done some pretty dumb stuff in his past but I find it funny how things get "brought to light" years later.I find stuff like this to either be untrue or that someone was setting him up the whole time.Kinda like the Brett Favre phone situation,or Roger Clemens DNA samples on needles.Back tracking like this always seems fishy.I have a hard time keeping up with my birth certificate,important tax documents and remembering my PIN (I've forgotten it for the 4th time last week )...How do ppl all of a sudden retrieve or remember such trivial things from so many years ago so vividly?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Sure Zeke has done some pretty dumb stuff in his past but I find it funny how things get "brought to light" years later.I find stuff like this to either be untrue or that someone was setting him up the whole time.Kinda like the Brett Favre phone situation,or Roger Clemens DNA samples on needles.Back tracking like this always seems fishy.I have a hard time keeping up with my birth certificate,important tax documents and remembering my PIN (I've forgotten it for the 4th time last week )...How do ppl all of a sudden retrieve or remember such trivial things from so many years ago so vividly?
I'd say it's pretty relevant. People think the one positive about Isiah is his ability to draft. I guess he didn't want David Lee after all.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
I'd say it's pretty relevant. People think the one positive about Isiah is his ability to draft. I guess he didn't want David Lee after all.

That part I brought up some time ago.

His drafting in New York has not been special.

His other stops like I have said before were basically no-brainers.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

His claim to fame for drafting doesnt rest solely on Lee...who oh btw isnt exactly looking like the allstar ppl wanted us to overpay for.Wonder if theres still ppl thinkin we didnt upgrade by getting Amare.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: