Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Gasol on the block, do Kings have a chance?

SAR + swing man like Garcia, or Salmons? Or KT + draft picks + throw in guy? I think Pau can give us the inside scoring presence and size needed to compete with the elite west teams.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think those guys would get Pau. Would have to be our expirings+Miller or Bibby+picks+Garcia and Douby for Pau+Cardinal or something. Still a team like Chicago could offer more.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why would you wanna trade bibby...hes a leader and is clutch...look to trade sar or miller even though i dont think you can pull off a deal withough biiby,martin or artest
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

if we can keep bibby and give miller, hell yeah. he would put the kings over the hump imo
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you would have to do a deal with miller,douby and some 1st round picks but i think memphis can get better offers from other teams
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
you would have to do a deal with miller,douby and some 1st round picks but i think memphis can get better offers from other teams
Do it and throw in garcia while your at it.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:33 AM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

Which is why we'd have to add in Bibby probably...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
Targus™
Good college starter

i say no if we have to give up Bibby.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:59 AM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

But Martin/Artest/Pau could be a dynasty for 5-6 years...
Old 11-29-2006, 02:28 AM   #10
Targus™
Good college starter

with no pg? i think every championship team needs to have that pg who can run the show and everything. a team with only a great big man won't succeed w/o a great pg. look at minny, or memphis.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:33 AM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Duncan before Parker only had Avery, Lakers during the Shaq era only had Fisher, Bulls only had Harper, Olajuwon only had Smith/young Cassel. Miami only had a JWill with busted knees and Payton the fossil. Those guys are better than Salmons(besides Fisher) but they aren't exactly Mike Bibby either.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:24 AM   #12
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

cosign b miller......but i agree with targus they want young guys well a miller cisco and douby wont hurt also a second rounder or a miller price cisco... we have the young guys they would be interested in, but in order to aquire such good talent u must lose something imo
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Duncan before Parker only had Avery, Lakers during the Shaq era only had Fisher, Bulls only had Harper, Olajuwon only had Smith/young Cassel. Miami only had a JWill with busted knees and Payton the fossil. Those guys are better than Salmons(besides Fisher) but they aren't exactly Mike Bibby either.
The Lakers and Bulls examples don't work because the triangle offense changes everything.

Houston had a HOF center and non of our potential guys are that good.

Duncan is basically in the same HOF category and he had Robinson.

JWill was playing with Wade at the 2 and had one of the most dominant big men of this era.

Doesn't mike have a contract clause that either gives him money or the ability to veto any trade he is in?

If the Kings were to trade bibby, I would want to get a solid pg back. Because Im not sold on salmons playing Pg. He's only done it during short periods of time this year, but price could swing my decisionj
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Yeah Bibby has a trade kicker which means if he gets traded he gets paid a bit more. But I still don't think he's as valuable to us as a 20/10 guy like Pau would be.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #15
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

pau wont be traded lol so fantasy basketball is over would of bin good if we could steal him away
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: