Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Jerry West to get Statue

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5786305

"The Los Angeles Lakers will unveil a statue honoring Hall of Fame guard Jerry West during this season's NBA All-Star weekend, multiple sources confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com. Los Angeles is the host city for All-Star weekend, running from Feb. 18-20. West retired as the Lakers all-time leading scorer before Kobe Bryant eclipsed his point total of 25,192 points during the 2009-10 season. Known as "Mr. Clutch" during his playing days, West won a championship with the Lakers in 1972 and holds the distinction of being the only player in league history to be named NBA Finals MVP while playing on the losing team (1969). West was a 14-time NBA All-Star and was named one of the 50 greatest" .....
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Jerry West to get Statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5786305

"The Los Angeles Lakers will unveil a statue honoring Hall of Fame guard Jerry West during this season's NBA All-Star weekend, multiple sources confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com. Los Angeles is the host city for All-Star weekend, running from Feb. 18-20. West retired as the Lakers all-time leading scorer before Kobe Bryant eclipsed his point total of 25,192 points during the 2009-10 season. Known as "Mr. Clutch" during his playing days, West won a championship with the Lakers in 1972 and holds the distinction of being the only player in league history to be named NBA Finals MVP while playing on the losing team (1969). West was a 14-time NBA All-Star and was named one of the 50 greatest" .....

This is so long overdue that it's not even funny.
No one has ever done more for any franchise in sports than "The Logo"
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

^DKlaker you took the words out of my mouth. I only hope once Kobe retire then don't wait so long like Mr. West.

DKlaker i'll see you at the allstar game in Feb :)
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

concur!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

This post alone should get you about 8 green bars!

It is a damn shame that Oscar De La Hoya got a statue at Staples before West. No knock on the Golden Boy, great fighter (even though he beat my favorite fighter, Julio Cesar Chavez) and has done a bunch for the community, but The Logo is The Logo! The NBA literally used his likeness for the NBA Logo that dons every jersey, every piece of NBA merchendise!

The statue better be done by Michelanglo or someone just as talented.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneel
This post alone should get you about 8 green bars!

It is a damn shame that Oscar De La Hoya got a statue at Staples before West. No knock on the Golden Boy, great fighter (even though he beat my favorite fighter, Julio Cesar Chavez) and has done a bunch for the community, but The Logo is The Logo! The NBA literally used his likeness for the NBA Logo that dons every jersey, every piece of NBA merchendise!

The statue better be done by Michelanglo or someone just as talented.

I hope they make it look like Jerry West and shape it like the NBA logo. I honestly don't think the Magic Johnson statue looks a lot like him. If I had no idea who Magic was and I saw his statue for the first time and somebody showed me an actual picture of Magic while asking me if the two look similar, I would probably say no.

Jerry West definitely should have gotten the statue maybe a couple decades ago instead of now. Seriously, it is an insult that Oscar got one outside the Staples, which is the home of the Lakers, BEFORE Jerry West. Jerry West was one of the first guys to make basketball popular and to grow as a sport, De La Hoya isn't in the same breath for boxing as West as for basketball.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice!!!!

But you know what is kind of funny....

With the long history of great Bigmen the Lakers have had....not ONE statue yet of any of them at Staples. Mikan has one in Minny...but No Wilt...No Kareem...most likely there will never be a Shaq now....Gasol? Bynum?
I say Kareem is needed.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Seriously I didn't think there would ever be one if it had taken this long for it to finally be made and unveiled.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Nice!!!!

But you know what is kind of funny....

With the long history of great Bigmen the Lakers have had....not ONE statue yet of any of them at Staples. Mikan has one in Minny...but No Wilt...No Kareem...most likely there will never be a Shaq now....Gasol? Bynum?
I say Kareem is needed.

I agree.
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: