Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Detroit Wants To Be 3rd Team In Melo Trade

I had mentioned before it made sense that Detroit be a team involved in the trading of Melo because they have Tay available. Now it's in the rumors....

Quote:
Sources say the Pistons are expected to make their interest known in participating in the Carmelo Anthony talks as a third team, with Prince satisfying part of what Denver is looking for as a wing player on an expiring deal. CBS Sports

I guess the real question is what other team is involved and what exactly do we get? It's too bad Melo doesn't want to come to Detroit. We could just make the trade straight up. I understand that he wants to have a chance to win a championship and be in a bigger market though.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Detroit Wants To Be 3rd Team In Melo Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I had mentioned before it made sense that Detroit be a team involved in the trading of Melo because they have Tay available. Now it's in the rumors....

I guess the real question is what other team is involved and what exactly do we get? It's too bad Melo doesn't want to come to Detroit. We could just make the trade straight up. I understand that he wants to have a chance to win a championship and be in a bigger market though.
Kaman? salaries seem like they would work and Melo ends up in a major market on a young team with some talent.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Could be.... though it seems like he really wants to end up in NY. NY needs a first round pick to send to Denver. NY also doesn't have a single player Detroit could use. It almost seems like they would need to get a 4th team involved....

We really need this sale of the Pistons to go through. I'm sure there are offers Joe D has all set up but he can't pull the trigger on because it would mess up the finances of the sale of the team.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Nugs just fired the guy that held discussions about trading carmelo for garbage deals- those type of deals talked about are not happening
I still think the perfect big for detroits future would be Fesenko
-
Jazz get - prince + rip + ben wallace
Nugs get- villenueva + okur
-
Pistons get - Fesenko + ak47 + kmart + den picks
Jazz and nuggets both go for a title w teams built around their best players, det waives ak and kmart and starts over w capspace, picks, and a big like fesenko to be the enforcer around all the skilled bigs det has in daye, jerebko, and monroe- everybody wins, det sends 3 heros to a good spot, denver adds size and floor spacing, and jazz get williams the real supporting cast that raja bell and cj miles aren't
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I wouldn't want AK47 instead of Tay. What's the point in that. I'm actually glad Joe D didn't go after Fesenko now. While I thought he had some upside before it's clear he's not a starter in the league now. The Jazz could really use him with Okafur being out and he still doesn't play. He showed up out of shape this season.... I don't like guys with no work ethic. Hit the gym in the summer.

I don't think the Nuggets would do that either. They want a 1st round pick. I can't say that I blame them. Get a decent player and then to go with that a chance at someone who could be really good too. That seems fair for giving up one of the best players in the league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: