Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #31
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron James or Scottie Pippen?

its very simple.

Lebron is a better player than pippen. plain and simple.

in certain roles is pippen better? of course. this is true with so many players. take kobe or lebron and put them in a pippen role playing alongside MJ getting only 13 shots per game and neither player is going to have the same impact pippen had.

but is anyone seriously going to say pippen is better than kobe? its absurd. and before you reference kobe with shaq. kobe was still getting 20 shots a game and the other elite player was not perimeter.

the fact remains that it is difficult to have two star perimeter players that need the ball in their hands a lot. i think lebron is doing a very good job so far being a great playmaker and playing very good defense. you can't discount how good lebron actually is on defense. i don't know why he doesn't get any credit for this on here. he's actually an elite defender now and has been for the last 3 years. his teams always play good D.

pippen was not the playmaker that lebron is and that is why i would definitely rather have lebron on this heat team than pippen. next to jordan? i'd rather have pippen. its all about role and fit. just like i'd much rather have kobe or lebron next to shaq over pippen.

but lets be clear. lebron is a better player than pippen ever was already at the age of 25. don't be stupid people.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #32
TheLegend
Banned

TheLegend has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
its very simple.

Lebron is a better player than pippen. plain and simple.

in certain roles is pippen better? of course. this is true with so many players. take kobe or lebron and put them in a pippen role playing alongside MJ getting only 13 shots per game and neither player is going to have the same impact pippen had.

but is anyone seriously going to say pippen is better than kobe? its absurd. and before you reference kobe with shaq. kobe was still getting 20 shots a game and the other elite player was not perimeter.

the fact remains that it is difficult to have two star perimeter players that need the ball in their hands a lot. i think lebron is doing a very good job so far being a great playmaker and playing very good defense. you can't discount how good lebron actually is on defense. i don't know why he doesn't get any credit for this on here. he's actually an elite defender now and has been for the last 3 years. his teams always play good D.

pippen was not the playmaker that lebron is and that is why i would definitely rather have lebron on this heat team than pippen. next to jordan? i'd rather have pippen. its all about role and fit. just like i'd much rather have kobe or lebron next to shaq over pippen.

but lets be clear. lebron is a better player than pippen ever was already at the age of 25. don't be stupid people.

I agree with you that Lebron is just as good as Pippen.

We will see how he compliments Wade like how Pip has done for MJ.
TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
sh0wtime

sh0wtime has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
He's not playing 15 more years. No way, no how.

He could even be on a decline after 5 years. Once his athleticism is done, what is he going to rely on?

Post game, fundamentals, skills. He could turn officially into a PG or a PF.

Its not his vertical leap that allows him to have such PG skills like ballhandling, court vision, basketball IQ, passing ability.

Once again, look at Magic, he never was as athletic, fast, quick and so on as Lebron, not even close, infact you could say he was very unathletic, but his post game, fundamentals, ballcontrol, intangibles, IQ he possessed allowed him to dissect the offense and dominate anyways.

Magic came back in 1996 and was still a great point-forward, despite being 36 year old, 255 pounds (of not so much muscle) and not played basketball for 5 years.

I think Lebron has a great work ethic, he will adapt.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #34
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I acknowledge Mr. Pippen and his greatness but I'd surely take The Tank over the greyhound in this case. I wish he were still in Cleveland though.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #35
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashbelly
south beach bron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pippen

With that said, let us be real here. Lebron will take Pippen's bulls farther than he did.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #36
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend
I agree with you that Lebron is just as good as Pippen.

We will see how he compliments Wade like how Pip has done for MJ.

its far different roles dude. pippen only got 13 shots a game and rarely had plays run for him. he wasn't even close to the same playmaker lebron is either.

i just don't get this whole jordan/pippen comparison to be honest. the gap between jordan/pippen is miles bigger than wade/lebron (if there really even is one)

wade is a better scorer than lebron. people that actually watch these games have known this for years. i've been saying it for a long long time. but lebron is a better playmaker and defender and rebounder.

its now just lebron hate. its like if you put chris paul and carmelo on the same team. i hardly think you would say....lets see how chris paul complements carmelo as if carmelo is clearly the better player.

stop hating on a guy that is still finding out how to play with his new team and is putting up 21 points 6 boards 9 assists. its laughable. lebron is not playing the pippen role. he's a totally different player being asked to do many other things.

like i said before to heat fans. this is going to take a long time....and by that i mean at least a year. the heat don't have the right players yet. they are missing miller.....and they have a lot of chemistry and role issues to work out. they will not win it this year and i'd be surprised as heck if they made it to the nba finals.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #37
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im rolln with pip. Like I've stated before. Can somebody tell me why some people on here continue to act like pippen couldn't lead a team to a championship? I defy anybody to pick out another all-time great that had a mid 50 win team and did it with less talent than pippen. Im jsut sick of people continuing to say dumbass things like pippen wasn't clutch. When its been shown over and over and over again that pippen wasnt clutch or couldn't finish games. Look at game 6 in 92. Look at game 5 vs the lakers in 91. Those are just a few examples.

The only thing that seperates lebron from pip is the fact that lebron won 2 mvps. And most people agree that pippen in his prime would've gotton at least one mvp with a good 7 years as the prime player on a team. Then they talk about vision. Lebron drives to score and passes out of necessity. Pippen was a true facilitator that looked to score when other options were closed.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #38
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
Post game, fundamentals, skills. He could turn officially into a PG or a PF.

Its not his vertical leap that allows him to have such PG skills like ballhandling, court vision, basketball IQ, passing ability.

Once again, look at Magic, he never was as athletic, fast, quick and so on as Lebron, not even close, infact you could say he was very unathletic, but his post game, fundamentals, ballcontrol, intangibles, IQ he possessed allowed him to dissect the offense and dominate anyways.

Magic came back in 1996 and was still a great point-forward, despite being 36 year old, 255 pounds (of not so much muscle) and not played basketball for 5 years.

I think Lebron has a great work ethic, he will adapt.
LeBron has a post game, as in low-post? I haven't seen it yet.

Great court vision? He turning the ball over a lot and he hasn't made Bosh better either.

Iverson washed up at 32 after losing his quickness and speed. He's one of the greatest scoring small man to ever play the game. Shaq washed up at the age of 35 once his injuries caught up, no longer the dominating center he once was.

Same thing could happen to LeBron in his early-mid 30's.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #39
T-bomb 25
Local High School Star

T-bomb 25 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The guy who puts up the same numbers with less turnovers and plays far better defense?
^this plus he's more clutch,besides if you have Wade the guy with the closest game to Jordan,you dont need LBJ.
T-bomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #40
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The guy who puts up the same numbers with less turnovers and plays far better defense?
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #41
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Im rolln with pip. Like I've stated before. Can somebody tell me why some people on here continue to act like pippen couldn't lead a team to a championship? I defy anybody to pick out another all-time great that had a mid 50 win team and did it with less talent than pippen. Im jsut sick of people continuing to say dumbass things like pippen wasn't clutch. When its been shown over and over and over again that pippen wasnt clutch or couldn't finish games. Look at game 6 in 92. Look at game 5 vs the lakers in 91. Those are just a few examples.

The only thing that seperates lebron from pip is the fact that lebron won 2 mvps. And most people agree that pippen in his prime would've gotton at least one mvp with a good 7 years as the prime player on a team. Then they talk about vision. Lebron drives to score and passes out of necessity. Pippen was a true facilitator that looked to score when other options were closed.

Nah bro, Horace Grant was the true X-factor of that team. The Bulls went into 94-95 with roughly the same team, plus a much better Kukoc, and were a .500 team before MJ came back.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #42
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
LeBron has a post game, as in low-post? I haven't seen it yet.

Great court vision? He turning the ball over a lot and he hasn't made Bosh better either.

Iverson washed up at 32 after losing his quickness and speed. He's one of the greatest scoring small man to ever play the game. Shaq washed up at the age of 35 once his injuries caught up.

Same thing could happen to LeBron in his early-mid 30's.

bosh is not the type of player that is going to be made better. he is what he is. we wants an iso on the wing. he doesn't move well without the ball and while he is a good shooter....he's not a great spot up shooter like big z or haslem. bosh wants to hold the ball and then attack. you act like he's amare or something....he simply is not.

lebron has fantastic court vision. he's turned it over more this year.....but really after the first 2 games his turnovers have been fine. lebron...barring injury setbacks....will be an elite player until he is 33 years old. he's got at least 8 more years of being a top 5 player.

his skill set is much better than you people are giving him credit for.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #43
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^^^^In my short time here, I haven't made one post about Amare.

Injury??? Don't tell me it's that "elbow injury" again. *roll eyes*
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #44
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Posters here are seriously saying Pippen greater than Lebron. Most of which never saw Pippen play. I just have to shake my head.

I watched Pip's whole career and he was a HOF star player but he is not a multi MVP award winning all world player like Lebron.

Pippen himself said Lebron is the best player in the NBA in March.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #45
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
^^^^^In my short time here, I haven't made one post about Amare.

i was using amare as an example of a player that can be impacted a lot by the player he has around him. steve nash was huge for amare. steve nash would not be as huge for bosh.

my simple point is that bosh is not the type of player that is going to get better with good players around him like gasol or amare or a number of others. bosh isn't a good passer and he doesn't move well without the ball. he's a ball stopper that likes to get the ball on the wing and turn and face...his catches usually take between 6-8 seconds.

players like this are very difficult to make better as a playmaker.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: