Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 01-14-2015, 04:49 AM   #1
poido123
"Stretch 4tis"

Default Yikes...Where is this ship going?

Any Bulls fans want to chime in on what's going on?

It's not just the losing, but how we are losing that bothers me.

Is Thibs the only coach who would play Hinrich big minutes? Or bring on defensive players when behind on the scoreboard and the guy taken out is heating up?

It's torture atm. I love this team, but man it's hard to stomach the lack of effort/energy in games and Thibs usual tendancies.

Jimmy has had a rough trot too.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Yikes...Where is this ship going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Any Bulls fans want to chime in on what's going on?

It's not just the losing, but how we are losing that bothers me.

Is Thibs the only coach who would play Hinrich big minutes? Or bring on defensive players when behind on the scoreboard and the guy taken out is heating up?

It's torture atm. I love this team, but man it's hard to stomach the lack of effort/energy in games and Thibs usual tendancies.

Jimmy has had a rough trot too.

Didn't you asked me to relax and chill a few days ago?

Don't get to watch many games but it's hard to ignore how they dropped from top 2 in defensive efficiency to now just 11th esp when you lose Boozer and gain Pau.
Also, Rose' play has been Kobe'esque and I don't mean it as a complement.
Too many low % shots/bricks. A few times he'll tease you with spectacular plays but more often than not, he'll brick them and he's not just taking 1 or 2 3pt shots, he's taking atleast 5. I wan't to know how much time he put in practicing those 3pt shots, 100 makes/night?And I don't have the numbers but it seems a heck of a lot more and a lot less FT attempts.
How is Butler's defense lately, I want to know, is he more focussed on padding his stats to he can get the max deal next summer?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
Rose
Flower Mamba

My thoughts presented in an unorganized fashion:
-The coasting mentality of the team is finally biting them in the ass. That only playing defense for 8 minutes a game is fine when you've already won the title. This team still has a lot to prove.
-Rose seems to just be reserving himself. As you can see he's played really well against the top point guards. anyone else? Meh at best. And as I type this he's torching the Wizards.
-Noah needs to shut it down for a bit. He just looks wrong right now. No energy, hustle, fouling a lot. Just the opposite of who he is. I think his knee is worse than we thought, maybe other stuff is affecting him too.
-Dunleavy might be missed more often than not.
-STOP ****ING SHOOTING THREES IF THEY AREN'T GOING IN!!!!
-Riding a lot on Pau, kind of needs to stop, Jimmy needs to get back to driving more. He needs those free throws. Also step up your defense a bit.

That's it. I also don't get the Kirk hate. Him and Taj IMO are the only two bringing it every night. Everyone else seems to just be going through the motions.

Also I hope Noah's not shutting it down for a while because of whatever happened at the end of the half.

Last edited by Rose : 01-14-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
poido123
"Stretch 4tis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Didn't you asked me to relax and chill a few days ago?

Don't get to watch many games but it's hard to ignore how they dropped from top 2 in defensive efficiency to now just 11th esp when you lose Boozer and gain Pau.
Also, Rose' play has been Kobe'esque and I don't mean it as a complement.
Too many low % shots/bricks. A few times he'll tease you with spectacular plays but more often than not, he'll brick them and he's not just taking 1 or 2 3pt shots, he's taking atleast 5. I wan't to know how much time he put in practicing those 3pt shots, 100 makes/night?And I don't have the numbers but it seems a heck of a lot more and a lot less FT attempts.
How is Butler's defense lately, I want to know, is he more focussed on padding his stats to he can get the max deal next summer?

LOL I'm chilled and relaxed, just can't get a grasp on what's happening with the Bulls team. Was hoping some of the knowledgeable brethrens can shed some light on it.

Random thoughts:

Is it fatigue? Chemistry? Rose selective effort? Players in and out with injury? Thibs tiresome coaching techniques?

I'm also assuming Butler is in a slump, I really hope it's not fatigue or teams have worked him out.

Thibs bringing on defensive players when down on the scoreboard...My face goes red.

Pau celebrating a basket and making dinosaur noises like Boozer used to make, then letting a guy blow by to the basket without contesting it

Play Etwaan Moore and Brooks more. Hinrich should only be used for 15 minutes a game max, more if he's hitting his shots.

Gibson needs to know when to pass. Forcing his way to the basket everytime is very predictable for the defense.

I loved Snell's play, I want to see more of those straight line drives. His defense both help and man has been solid. He's losing his opponent a lot less. We need 10-15 minutes from him to rest up Butler.

Mirotic needs to be automatic. The pump fakes aren't effective unless you fully intend to drive hard to the hole. Love his active hands and rebounding so far.

Players need to be in motion all the time. The Wiz were able to trap us quite easily and it embarassed us to the point where our team looked inferior to the Wiz.

We need an offensive assistant in the offseason. Thibs needs a guy who can structure our offense properly. We are improved offensively, but that is purely from our personnel.

Not enough pick and roll, kick it out to the shooters play. Too much standing dribble pass, standing dribble pass crap. We have elite passing big men and some good shooters, use them.

I think Bulls fans will realise why we selected McDermott when he comes back. I think he will have a renewed sense of urgency and will start to get more comfortable.

Let's get a 3 and D guy before the deadline at SF. I think Alonzo Gee would be perfect. He won't need to score too much, just defend and hit the open shot.

Last edited by poido123 : 01-15-2015 at 09:01 PM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:39 AM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
LOL I'm chilled and relaxed, just can't get a grasp on what's happening with the Bulls team. Was hoping some of the knowledgeable brethrens can shed some light on it.

Random thoughts:

Is it fatigue? Chemistry? Rose selective effort? Players in and out with injury? Thibs tiresome coaching techniques?

I'm also assuming Butler is in a slump, I really hope it's not fatigue or teams have worked him out.

Thibs bringing on defensive players when down on the scoreboard...My face goes red.

Pau celebrating a basket and making dinosaur noises like Boozer used to make, then letting a guy blow by to the basket without contesting it

Play Etwaan Moore and Brooks more. Hinrich should only be used for 15 minutes a game max, more if he's hitting his shots.

Gibson needs to know when to pass. Forcing his way to the basket everytime is very predictable for the defense.

I loved Snell's play, I want to see more of those straight line drives. His defense both help and man has been solid. He's losing his opponent a lot less. We need 10-15 minutes from him to rest up Butler.

Mirotic needs to be automatic. The pump fakes aren't effective unless you fully intend to drive hard to the hole. Love his active hands and rebounding so far.

Players need to be in motion all the time. The Wiz were able to trap us quite easily and it embarassed us to the point where our team looked inferior to the Wiz.

We need an offensive assistant in the offseason. Thibs needs a guy who can structure our offense properly. We are improved offensively, but that is purely from our personnel.

Not enough pick and roll, kick it out to the shooters play. Too much standing dribble pass, standing dribble pass crap. We have elite passing big men and some good shooters, use them.

I think Bulls fans will realise why we selected McDermott when he comes back. I think he will have a renewed sense of urgency and will start to get more comfortable.

Let's get a 3 and D guy before the deadline at SF. I think Alonzo Gee would be perfect. He won't need to score too much, just defend and hit the open shot.

I thought you don't believe in burned out thing, what is the difference with fatigue?
I think most of it is bec of Rose taking too many 3pt shots, currently 5/game but actually like 7/game the past 3 weeks. Not only he is missing 72% of the time, but most of the time the opposing team collects those rebounds, it's not like the Warriors, who would position themselves in better rebounding positions after a Curry miss. More rebounds=more possesions for the opposing team.
btw DJ Augustine also shot 5 3pt shots/game with the Bulls but the difference was he averaged 41% versus 27% from Rose.
Not only do I think that Butler is fatigued from playing 40mins/game but he has lost his focus in shutting down his guy. The injury of Noah has slowed him down, sliding/helping etc. and this is also a major factor IMO.
I like your idea of Rose/Brooks combo. They need floor spacing esp playing without Dunleavy. But I hate the way Rose would hold the ball, dribble 3-5 secs then shoot instead of swinging the ball or attacking.
Also bec Rose tries to do too much from the perimeter, he is depriving Pau to wreak havoc inside. Yes, at times, he gets banged around by the likes of Nene but he is still a great passer or he can flash from the weak side.
You are right, not enough movement/cuts, heck even screens.
Ideally, bringing in great assistants would help but keep in mind head coaches decides which aspect would be prioritized for their practiced times.
Lakers brought in Rambis to help improve the Lakers defense before but the problem was Mike D'Antoni would use 90% of the practice time AND team meetings on offense.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #6
nathanjizzle
Bulls br

Quote:
I thought you don't believe in burned out thing, what is the difference with fatigue?
I think most of it is bec of Rose taking too many 3pt shots, currently 5/game but actually like 7/game the past 3 weeks. Not only he is missing 72% of the time, but most of the time the opposing team collects those rebounds, it's not like the Warriors, who would position themselves in better rebounding positions after a Curry miss. More rebounds=more possesions for the opposing team.
btw DJ Augustine also shot 5 3pt shots/game with the Bulls but the difference was he averaged 41% versus 27% from Rose.
Not only do I think that Butler is fatigued from playing 40mins/game but he has lost his focus in shutting down his guy. The injury of Noah has slowed him down, sliding/helping etc. and this is also a major factor IMO.
I like your idea of Rose/Brooks combo. They need floor spacing esp playing without Dunleavy. But I hate the way Rose would hold the ball, dribble 3-5 secs then shoot instead of swinging the ball or attacking.
Also bec Rose tries to do too much from the perimeter, he is depriving Pau to wreak havoc inside. Yes, at times, he gets banged around by the likes of Nene but he is still a great passer or he can flash from the weak side.
You are right, not enough movement/cuts, heck even screens.
Ideally, bringing in great assistants would help but keep in mind head coaches decides which aspect would be prioritized for their practiced times.
Lakers brought in Rambis to help improve the Lakers defense before but the problem was Mike D'Antoni would use 90% of the practice time AND team meetings on offense.

i dont think youve been watching the past few games breh.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
Rose
Flower Mamba

And then tonight they played the right way all around offensively.

Pau got to the elbow a lot and was hot, the ball consistently found its way to him. Rose chose his spots really well. Team was off to a slow start, so he went to work early until other guys got hot then he fed them the ball (mainly Pau), but he found the shooters as well. Jimmy didn't force anything, and was pretty even through out.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:58 AM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
And then tonight they played the right way all around offensively.

Pau got to the elbow a lot and was hot, the ball consistently found its way to him. Rose chose his spots really well. Team was off to a slow start, so he went to work early until other guys got hot then he fed them the ball (mainly Pau), but he found the shooters as well. Jimmy didn't force anything, and was pretty even through out.

I didn't see the game, so I'll take your word for it, Bulls playing against a bad team.
But defensively, here are the numbers
Boston for the 37 games was shooting 45%, Tonight they shot 49.4%, and that is without a great PG in Rondo and without Jeff Green, and yet still manage to score 103, averaged 102 before
Boston had 29 assists tonight, again without Rondo but only averaged 25 assists before
Boston had less turnovers(13) tonight than their average(14.6). sooo
Boston had more FTs than Bulls too.
BTW, Rose, took 8 3pt shots, yes, he made 5 but it's still too many IMO bec I don't see him nailing those in a consistent basis, plus he had ZERO FT attempts, Butler just shot 2. Rose also had the lowest +/- stats among Bulls who played more than 17 mins except for Mirotic. On the plus side, he had no turnovers.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 01-17-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #9
Rose
Flower Mamba

Quote:
I didn't see the game, so I'll take your word for it, Bulls playing against a bad team.
But defensively, here are the numbers
Boston for the 37 games was shooting 45%, Tonight they shot 49.4%, and that is without a great PG in Rondo and without Jeff Green, and yet still manage to score 103, averaged 102 before
Boston had 29 assists tonight, again without Rondo but only averaged 25 assists before
Boston had less turnovers(13) tonight than their average(14.6). sooo
Boston had more FTs than Bulls too.
BTW, Rose, took 8 3pt shots, yes, he made 5 but it's still too many IMO bec I don't see him nailing those in a consistent basis, plus he had ZERO FT attempts, Butler just shot 2. Rose also had the lowest +/- stats among Bulls who played more than 17 mins except for Mirotic. On the plus side, he had no turnovers.
As for all the Boston stats, that's why I said offensively.

He started out 2-5, and then in the last 3-4 minutes when the Bulls were up around 10 or so he just took them because Bradley sagged completely off.

+/- should only be used to evaluate groups not individuals.

Also as for Rose shooting 3s I agree he needs to cut back, but he's a lot like LeBron in that when he hits 2-3 he's got it that night and should shoot a couple more. Personally I think if he starts 0-3 from downtown he should just stop. And he needs to go back to his midrange game aside from the 4th quarter. His midrange game is great, but he just doesn't use it.

Last edited by Rose : 01-17-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #10
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

we are going to be fine.. come play-offs we will be fighting the wizards physicaly you can bet that.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #11
Rose
Flower Mamba

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...tm_source=t.co

IF that's true, It would definitely explain why he's played the way he has this year.

This thread will now be used to contain all my thoughts on the Bulls on a day-day basis, or at the very least game-game.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
Rose
Flower Mamba

This team needs a shake up/wake up. So lifeless out there.

Team looked really dominant for the most part thru 30 games and then the last 10 or so? Just deflated. What the ****.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 PM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #14
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

This roster is too full of injury prone players, which is why you get the insane inconsistency. I would love a mid-season shakeup, it's needed and I am glad this wreck happened before the trade deadline. Maybe it can be corrected.

Outside of Rose, Butler, Joakim, and Gasol, I don't care who goes at this point. This team has a lot of problems that can not be solved with the roster as constructed.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #15
Rose
Flower Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
This roster is too full of injury prone players, which is why you get the insane inconsistency. I would love a mid-season shakeup, it's needed and I am glad this wreck happened before the trade deadline. Maybe it can be corrected.

Outside of Rose, Butler, Joakim, and Gasol, I don't care who goes at this point. This team has a lot of problems that can not be solved with the roster as constructed.
It's weird too because they all like each other (or seem too), they all have playing styles that much up really well, and they're not dumbasses. Most of them are guys who want to win....but this happens.

In a year where Rose has been mostly healthy, and the main casualty is clearly Noah playing at maybe 70%? this team is just bad. It's just sad that we're probably gonna trade one of those 4 if there's a trade. Despite the team being as well assembled as it is/was for the first 30 games.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: