Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Whats the most weight you have lost from diet/exercise?

Let me start by saying that last year at this time i weighed 164 pounds at 5'10.I had always wanted to get up to 180 so a couple of months ago i weighed myself and i weighed 189.7 pounds,crazy.I got up to the weight i wanted but not the way i wanted i mostly got fat ya i worked out a bit and some was muscle gain but most of it is fat.

So in the last month i found myself trying to lose weight something i have never done.Anyways from the fist week of october i was 189.7 and today i weighed myself and iam at 183.4 which i feel very good about i still got some way to go but iam liking my progress.Iam trying to get to 180 by the end of november and it looks like iam on my way.

I find it kinda funny that people say 180 plus for 5'10 is big, some people say i look huge as in muscular i always laugh because sure my shoulders are big and my chest sticks out but that only hides my big gut.

So 6.3 pounds is the most i have ever lost.How about you guys?
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Whats the most weight you have lost from diet/exercise?

Sounds like you're on the right track.

I gained weight (15 lbs) by eating and lifting weights. I made sure to do cardio to cut the fat out as well.

So I can't say I've lost weight since I was aiming to gain weight, but exercise for a few months will do a person wonders.

So you lazy, fat ISH motherf*ckers need to get off your ass and go out and play some ball or tie a hot dog over your head and try to chase some poontang or something. You'll see results instantly.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My problem was always needing to gain weight for basketball. Gained 20 lbs over the summer doing workouts and eating right. Still a diet
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went from 205 down to 149 back in high school.

From last February to now I've gone from 225 to 186.5.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Last edited by dkmwise : 12-14-2010 at 08:09 PM.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
moaz
Great young streetballer

moaz has decent reputation

from 197 to 172 (25 lbs) within 10 weeks 6 years ago. I found out that some in the family have got diabetes. I just stopped to eat (or at least eat about 50% less).

This year again I went from 192 to 180 in 3 months. Again no diet. Just lot of stress and a 2 week illness.
moaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I went from 205 down to 149 back in high school.
From last February to now I've gone from 225 to 186.5.
that cant be good

I guess the rest of ish is incredibly fit or just as lazy as i thought
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once an athlete always an athlete ... problem is you just become slower , and stuff that you try to do takes longer

I am need less to say twice as old as the average poster here.
Every 10 years you probably will gain 10 pounds.

last year I needed to get in shape , for a trophy hunt , and in less than 7 weeks I lost 15 pounds.
It was strictly power walks and riding a mountain bike.
The goal to walk exceedingly fast through the woods- no matter what the conditions were.
Mentally I thought I could do it.... 5 days in to the training ,, hit the usual little wall , but as an athletic type person - dove into it , and really was fired up. 5'10" 190 went down to 175-
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
Patrick Chewing
Liberalism = Insanity

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went from 250 to 220 in a span of 3 months. Would have been a lot more, but I put on muscle in the process. Don't care what anyone says, but you have to cheat to get the desired results in such a short period of time.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I went from 250 to 220 in a span of 3 months. Would have been a lot more, but I put on muscle in the process. Don't care what anyone says, but you have to cheat to get the desired results in such a short period of time.

30 pounds in 3 months is alittle dangerous.

I suspect when you hit the 6-7 week mark .. you must of been monitoring your food intake quite abit ??
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

25 pounds.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
Patrick Chewing
Liberalism = Insanity

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
30 pounds in 3 months is alittle dangerous.

I suspect when you hit the 6-7 week mark .. you must of been monitoring your food intake quite abit ??

I never ate any big meals. Just constantly ate high amounts of protein throughout the day. I accustomed myself to always be eating very small portions about every 2 hours. Then I'd do 2-3 hours of exercise on nearly a daily basis.

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 11-12-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

15 pounds.

OT story: I once knew a guy that did creatine and steroids but didn't lift weights or any kind of real exercise beyond the walking around he did as the manager of a Subway restaurant. He got fat. The end.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #14
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

In the ten weeks I was in basic training (plus zero week), I went from 198 to 166.

A healthy dose of working out and smaller meals can lead to quick weight loss.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #15
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

I've been over the whole range. At my fattest, I was about 280 as a 10th grader in high school. By the time I graduated I was 185 which is the thinnest I have ever been, about 9% body fat and was a ridiculous, like literally world class, run/jump athlete (I was 245 the first time I dunked). Over the next few yrs I hung around 205-215 and low teens bf% so it was still a good weight for me and at very little loss and since about 22 (I just turned 26) I been steadily creeping up about 10lbs a yr and now am back up in the 250s, and it's not good weight I've been gaining.

I got some circumstances that are making it hard for me to work out as much as I used to. Once I get that taken care of, I can lose pretty quickly and as I've been yoyoing a lot my whole life I know what does and doesn't work for me.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: