Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: List moves that the Knicks should make to make the play-offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Those are not good coaches...so maybe it IS the coach lol

i didnt necessarily mean that they were great coaches (though three of them are considered "great"). I just listed the knicks coaches of the past 10 years (minus interim herb williams). when does it stop being about the head coach
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Knicks losing by 11 in the 4th against the 2-6 Rockets.

If they lose tonight, it will be 5 in a row. This was supposed to be a playoff contending team this year. There is no reason for this team to be this bad other than the coach.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I'm inclined to agree. The guards suck too.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Those are not good coaches...so maybe it IS the coach lol
Don Chaney wasnt a bad coach if I remember correctly... Larry Brown is a good coach but he played politics instead of coaching!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gallinari has no business being in the starting line up. Chandler is a better pure scorer, plays better defense, rebounds better, and blocks better. The only reason Gallo is still starting is that he is Italian.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #21
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gallo's talented and plays smart ball. Chandler's talented and plays like an idiot. It still goes back to the guards though. Gallinari has a great first half against the Bulls, and then never gets the ball again. Chandler played great coming off the bench early in the season when he was paired with Turiaf.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #22
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Like I've said, this system doesn't work without a Steve Nash type of PG. D'Antoni was crap before Nash and he's been crap after. People bashed me about it when it's the truth. Nash was the real coach of those Phoenix teams. They had success because of him. Without that type of PG to run the show, D'Antoni has nothing to fall back on. So either find a better PG or dump D'Antoni for a coach with a more traditional gameplan because clearly it's not working right now.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Don Chaney wasnt a bad coach if I remember correctly... Larry Brown is a good coach but he played politics instead of coaching!
They both were bad coaches for us.

Chaney ended his tenure with boos and "fire Chaney" at the Garden.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/14/sp...ref=don_chaney

LB wanted Francis and Marbury together especially and helped get rid of the "delusional" Trevor Ariza
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Getting Steve Francis still remains the most puzzling move of the last decade for the Knicks.I just KNEW we got him just for trade bait.I remember it like it was yesterday.It was close to the trade deadline and ppl were pissed and I was liek guuuuuyyyss relax...he's just trade bait.Then the trade deadline came and went,I looked online and in the paper and was liek wait what?...we kept him? WTF
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #25
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Getting Steve Francis still remains the most puzzling move of the last decade for the Knicks.I just KNEW we got him just for trade bait.I remember it like it was yesterday.It was close to the trade deadline and ppl were pissed and I was liek guuuuuyyyss relax...he's just trade bait.Then the trade deadline came and went,I looked online and in the paper and was liek wait what?...we kept him? WTF

That trade didnt make any sense at all.

I did enjoy playing with both guys on NBA Live. They didnt include Marbury/Francis as being past their prime so Francis still looked great like he was in Houston.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol maybe thats what management had in mind.we're gonna suck anyway,we might as well be good on NBA Live lol
Old 11-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #27
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
That trade didnt make any sense at all.

I did enjoy playing with both guys on NBA Live. They didnt include Marbury/Francis as being past their prime so Francis still looked great like he was in Houston.
Larry Brown specifically asked for Francis (and Jalen Rose too as far as I remember). He was probably trying to replicate a Snow/Iverson backcourt or something.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #28
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

5 game losing streak.

Knicks play at Denver tomorrow.

enough said?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #29
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
5 game losing streak.

Knicks play at Denver tomorrow.

enough said?
It's gonna be an audition for Melo's services, lol. I tried to stay optimistic the first 8 or so games, but when our PG can't run a pick-and-roll the right way more than once (if that many at all) per game, I'm losing hope. It's the staple of our offense. It's been pointed out by the commentators and analysts. In last night's game they highlighted one pick-and-roll play that happened often where Amare would be wide open rolling to the basket, but Felton just couldn't figure out how to get the ball there so he ends up trying it to force it to someone on the three-point line that was heavily covered (Chandler I think?) and it ends up getting picked off by the defender and they get a free layup on the other end.

I hate that when asked about the offensive problems, Felton said the spacing is bad or there's people cutting at the wrong time. But that one example I stated (I'm sure most of you saw it replayed last night) showed the spacing was fine and nobody cut too early and Felton just does not have the creativity to get the ball where it's supposed to go.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Pick and Rolls only work when the point guard is a threat to score.If Felton doesnt become more of a scorer then defenses are just going to make Amare's life a living hell.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: