Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Kevin Love hits Knicks with 31-point, 31-rebound game

Love has 30-30 game in Wolves’ win over Knicks -- The AP reports: Kevin Love grabbed a franchise-record 31 rebounds and scored 31 points, the NBA’s first 30-30 game in 28 years, and the Minnesota Timberwolves rallied from a 21-point third-quarter deficit to stun the New York Knicks 112-103 on Friday night... Love grabbed 15 boards in the third quarter alone to will the Timberwolves to victory... Beasley had 35 points and six rebounds for the Wolves, who were carried to their second victory in a row by the two players who are being advertised as the building blocks of the latest rebuilding project.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/daily.shtml#ixzz159YRLCdF
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kevin Love hits Knicks with 31-point, 31-rebound game

Kevin Love thought he was ESPN going 30/30 tonight.

I hope this marks the end of the MDA era. He is a bad coach. He has no idea how to teach defense, rebounding, or just basic fundamentals.

I was thinking about possible new coaches the Knicks can get. If I were the running the Knicks, I would give Mark Jackson a shot. We need someone who has run the team from a PG point of view, and Jackson fits that bill.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thats embarassing.Kevin Love isnt even all that good.Not to mention we gave up 35 to Beasley also and its the T Wolves.BTW I recall saying we should trade for Beasley when Miami clearly didnt want him and woulda took back anything to get him.I get ripped for saying it....hows that working out now? Already 40+ and 35 games.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Thats embarassing.Kevin Love isnt even all that good.Not to mention we gave up 35 to Beasley also and its the T Wolves.BTW I recall saying we should trade for Beasley when Miami clearly didnt want him and woulda took back anything to get him.I get ripped for saying it....hows that working out now? Already 40+ and 35 games.
U did say it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

i left the house when the knicks were up by like 15 to the TWOLVES....
a few hours later i was sittin at the bar when sportscenter was on
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL that sounds like the beginning of the story you give to the cop as to why you were publicly intoxicated
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I put this loss souly on our coach. DW got him the players he wanted and it's all on his shoulders this year. He doesn't have Nash anymore and he's exposed as a 1 dimensional coach. It's clear other teams do their homework and double/triple team Amar'e and try to make someone else on the floor for us win the game. It's not working. It's very crystal clear we need Melo. Once December 15th comes, I'm hoping Mr. Walsh is feeling better and is working the phones with Denver and whoever else we have to deal with to get Anthony here.

As far as the players go, I would start anyone who plays better and smarter. If they lose focus, start someone else who gives a s**t about representing us.

Kevin Love is a douchebag and so is Beasley.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man a 30/30 hasn't happened in almost 30 years.

Not surprised we would be the ones to allow that.

I really haven't said it yet this season, but this one is pathetic.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Man a 30/30 hasn't happened in almost 30 years.

Not surprised we would be the ones to allow that.

I really haven't said it yet this season, but this one is pathetic.

I would rather forget about it.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was really really bad. I'm considering jumping on the Fire D'Antoni bandwagon
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
That was really really bad. I'm considering jumping on the Fire D'Antoni bandwagon

How about [ TAKE A HIKE, MIKE!!! ] ?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
How about [ TAKE A HIKE, MIKE!!! ] ?

I agree...TAKE A HIKE MIKE!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

First of all Love has scored and rebounded well against top teams in the past three games, one of them being the Lakers. Love had like 26 pts and 15 against Odom and Gasol and he clearly had a height disadvantage. What Love did was out hustle everyone on the knicks with tip ins and positioning. Second, we already know that NY has a weakness in rebounding. Love just exposed us even more to the fact. We need a rebounding machine in NY, case closed. The problem with that is D'antoni knows that getting a rebounder means possibly losing a player who is able to shoot the ball, but not having a go to rebounder also gives us less 2nd and 3rd chances at scoring. Third, we need to cut down on our turnovers, many of the losses we had were close and were created because of carelessness with the ball. I wasn't happy seeing Love all over sportscenter, but maybe now we can focus more on the needs of the team: rebounding, better passing, less turnovers, and better offensive execution. I'll be honest. I have been impressed with the level of defense the Knicks have shown, I didn't anticipate the level of effort on the defensive side of the ball. The question is whether its because of the coach or the type of players he has (those who played defense before coming to NY). Tonight, we have Houston, hopefully we play much better. If not.....we may need to find another coach.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Our defense has come from the players, not the coach.

Most of them are decent defenders.

The coach needs to be looked at right now.

He doesn't have any low post offensive plays, which is exactly where Amar'e should be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: