Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #61
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,721
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Jared Jeffries is a better idea? LOL. Shawne Williams is one of the Knicks better defenders, and he's basically the same size as all of our other front court players. It's not like Turiaf was doing shit. It's like you guys still don't realize that this team doesn't have an actual center on the roster.

If only there was some athletic 7 footer out there...

Yea but getting Jeffries was HIS idea.I think you're like the only one who seems to regularly defend D'Antoni.I agree he's working with a makeshift roster but the dumb $h!t he does was being done when Chandler and Gallo were here too.Shawne Williams is a SF.Period.That's like saying because Pippen was a good defender,you can put him on Patrick Ewing.We son't have a center because D'Antoni doesn't want one.Stop making excuses for the guy. He wants to play small ball and it's backfiring.As a result,we are losing and he's going to receive criticism.Point blank period.As a coach,it's your job to come up with a stategy to put your players in the best position to win. When "your way" doesn't work,yo leave yourself open for scrutiny and negative press.His strategy is to try and outscore players and neglect defense by putting a SF on a center.It isn't working so he needs to go.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #62
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,320
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Jared Jeffries is a better idea? LOL. Shawne Williams is one of the Knicks better defenders, and he's basically the same size as all of our other front court players. It's not like Turiaf was doing shit. It's like you guys still don't realize that this team doesn't have an actual center on the roster.

If only there was some athletic 7 footer out there...
He is skinnier and much weaker than Turiaf and Shelden Williams.

D'Antoni treated Dwight like a ***** with 150 lbs.
He put Shawne who is a SF and Jeffries who is weaker than Boykins.

And he finished the game with Turiaf on the bench and Shelden didn't even play.

NO EXCUSES.
We couldn't stop Dwight,he should at least tried Shelden and see how it's going.
Not like Shawne did anything well.

And Turiaf was our best defender on Dwight last 2 games.

D'Antoni is just stubborn coach who won't make adjustments and doesn't know shit about defending.
Go teach some high school kids,get the **** out of New York.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #63
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,252
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

You know what's even worse about Anthony Randolph's huge game tonight?

Had we played him this year, and gotten production from him, we could have used him as a major trading piece in the Melo trade, instead of just a throw in so that we can get a 1st pick to sweeten the deal. Imagine that. We might have had a chance to hold onto everyone's loverboy, Danilo Gallinari.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #64
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but getting Jeffries was HIS idea.I think you're like the only one who seems to regularly defend D'Antoni.I agree he's working with a makeshift roster but the dumb $h!t he does was being done when Chandler and Gallo were here too.Shawne Williams is a SF.Period.That's like saying because Pippen was a good defender,you can put him on Patrick Ewing.We son't have a center because D'Antoni doesn't want one.Stop making excuses for the guy. He wants to play small ball and it's backfiring.As a result,we are losing and he's going to receive criticism.Point blank period.As a coach,it's your job to come up with a stategy to put your players in the best position to win. When "your way" doesn't work,yo leave yourself open for scrutiny and negative press.His strategy is to try and outscore players and neglect defense by putting a SF on a center.It isn't working so he needs to go.
Who else was available? I'm genuinely interested. What centers could they have signed? Was the incomparable, dominant force of nature Earl Barron even available, or had he already been signed by Milwaukee?

Basically, all D'Antoni's done all season long is play players who were good enough to play. End of story. Anthony Randolph sucked when he was here, and he certainly had his chances. Roger Mason was dried turd in every appearance he made until a couple of weeks ago, when he magically started hitting some shots. Now he plays more. Mozgov was crap too, until he wasn't, and started getting more minutes. But then they traded him, and now his best low post defender is Shawne Williams. Turiaf in bursts. D'Antoni does some stupid shit, but no one in here actually knows what they're talking about well enough to offer any actual solutions, other than "fire Pringles!". The Knicks are on their way to the playoffs for the first time in six years, and he's the coach. But I don't know, maybe we should let Chauncey coach the team. He's got a great mind for the game. 35 foot three pointers for everybody!

Seriously. Who should have guarded Dwight last game? Jeffries sucks, Amar'e sucks, and Turiaf was getting dominated just as much as anyone else. I could see making the argument for 6'8" Shelden Williams getting a shot, but lets be real here - he's Shelden Williams. Maybe Landry should have done it.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #65
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,320
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

Seriously. Who should have guarded Dwight last game? Jeffries sucks, Amar'e sucks, and Turiaf was getting dominated just as much as anyone else. I could see making the argument for 6'8" Shelden Williams getting a shot, but lets be real here - he's Shelden Williams. Maybe Landry should have done it.

Let's be real.
Shelden should have played and there is no excuse for D'Antoni not letting him play at least 5 minutes.

No one could defend Dwight,Turiaf was defending him best but even that wasn't anything special.
He should at least give Shelden 5 minutes to see will his strength and weight help against Dwight.

Both Jeffries and Shawne are too skinny and weak to guard a physical phenomenon like Dwight.
Turiaf and Shelden are at least strong and they won't get pushed around like little babies.

Shawne Williams is a SF and Jeffries has a strength of a point guard.
Those 2 guys can't guard Dwight.

There is very few people in the league who can guard him well,Turiaf and Shelden aren't those guys but they are surely better than Shawne and Jared.

There is no excuse for not trying out Shelden on Dwight when he was abusing us.
Even if experiment fails it doesn't matter,we were destined to fail anyways.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #66
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

I wouldn't have minded seeing Shelden get some minutes, but you have to remember, the last time they gave Shelden Williams five minutes, they had their worst quarter of the entire season. So the trepidation is understandable, if not warranted outright.

But no one on this team can guard Dwight, so ultimately it doesn't really mater. Williams is as good a choice as any.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:43 AM   #67
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,320
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I wouldn't have minded seeing Shelden get some minutes, but you have to remember, the last time they gave Shelden Williams five minutes, they had their worst quarter of the entire season. So the trepidation is understandable, if not warranted outright.

But no one on this team can guard Dwight, so ultimately it doesn't really mater. Williams is as good a choice as any.
So it's Sheldon's fault no one could hit a ****ing shot ?

It has very little/nothing to do with Sheldon.But that will serve as excuse for D'Antoni or for his homers when they try to defend why Sheldon doesn't get any minutes.

Bogut had 2 points and 1 rebounds in 6 minutes Sheldon was guarding him.

So Bogut didn't beast on him and he can't be responsible for all the misses our shooters had.
But he will never get opportunity again.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-25-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #68
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,252
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Sheldon Williams can't shoot 3s. If he ever wants to get back on the court he had better work on his jumper.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:59 AM   #69
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So it's Sheldon's fault no one could hit a ****ing shot ?

It has very little/nothing to do with Sheldon.But that will serve as excuse for D'Antoni or for his homers when they try to defend why Sheldon doesn't get any minutes.

Bogut had 2 points and 1 rebounds in 6 minutes Sheldon was guarding him.

So Bogut didn't beast on him and he can't be responsible for all the misses our shooters had.
But he will never get opportunity again.
Who the **** cares?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #70
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,320
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Who the **** cares?
So your defending of Mike D'Antoni failed so this is the way to change the subject ?

Well I care if Shawne Williams will defend Dwight and other big men.

D'Antoni is a bad coach.
PERIOD
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:21 AM   #71
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
So your defending of Mike D'Antoni failed so this is the way to change the subject ?

Well I care if Shawne Williams will defend Dwight and other big men.

D'Antoni is a bad coach.
PERIOD
I already said Mike should have played the Sheldanatee more. Or some. But, honestly, would they be any better at all if he was on the court? The evidence, limited though it may be, points to a resounding no. If Shelden Williams never plays another minute in a Knicks uniform, it it such a huge loss? Is it a loss at all?

It's like getting mad at him for not playing Andy Rautins. And I like Andy Rautins too.

D'Antoni's the best coach the Knicks have had in years. They're finally on their way to the playoffs again (assuming Dolan and Isiah hasn't screwed that up)!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:50 AM   #72
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,320
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I already said Mike should have played the Sheldanatee more. Or some. But, honestly, would they be any better at all if he was on the court? The evidence, limited though it may be, points to a resounding no. If Shelden Williams never plays another minute in a Knicks uniform, it it such a huge loss? Is it a loss at all?

It's like getting mad at him for not playing Andy Rautins. And I like Andy Rautins too.

D'Antoni's the best coach the Knicks have had in years. They're finally on their way to the playoffs again (assuming Dolan and Isiah hasn't screwed that up)!
It all pointed out that Mozgov wouldn't make any difference but he did.
Since he came back he played really well and his presence was really felt.

Shelden probably wouldn't be anything special but he should try.
Every single improvement in defense and rebounding is huge for this team.
That's our biggest weakness and if we were slightly better maybe we would win a lot of games we lost.

That's just what Mozgov proved.
He isn't anything special but his size helped us a lot in rebounding and defense (altering shots).
Shelden isn't as nearly tall as Mozgov but he is strong and he probably wouldn't be bullied by opponent's center.
We can't know it until we try.


So we should respect D'Antoni because he will lead team with Stoudemire and bunch of solid starters (Felton,Chandler,Gallinari were all very solid,nothing special but let's not act like they are bad players) to the playoffs (and late in the season team with Stoudemire and Melo) ?
We should worship him because we will be better than Indiana,Milwaukee or Charlotte ?

Let's not act like we had a weak team and he is the main reason why we are heading to playoffs.
We had a solid team who just can't miss playoffs in the East no matter who the coach is.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #73
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,721
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Who else was available? I'm genuinely interested. What centers could they have signed? Was the incomparable, dominant force of nature Earl Barron even available, or had he already been signed by Milwaukee?

Barron was available since last season.Then he was picked up by PHX then cut. We had ample time to get him.I'm not saying he's a dominant force but he's WAY better than Jared Jeffries.

Quote:
Basically, all D'Antoni's done all season long is play players who were good enough to play.
Yea but what you're failing to realize is the reason we DON'T have capable big men is because he doesn't want them here.It isn't like he just got here and he was left with a team with no center.He doesn't WANT a center.If you can't shoot jump shots,you don't play...no matter how good you are.Chandler outplayed Gallo when he was here but if Chandler had an off shooting night, rest assured he'd be benched the next game.Ya boy thinks this is Europe which is the only place he has and will ever win a championship.

Quote:
The Knicks are on their way to the playoffs for the first time in six years, and he's the coach.

Well when Marbury was here he single handedly took a team to the playoffs who before that trade had no shot...but he's a villian in NY now.N yea he took a team to the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years but he's been the coach for 3 of those years.

Quote:
but no one in here actually knows what they're talking about well enough to offer any actual solutions, other than "fire Pringles!".

What solutions can be made.It's not like you can make a trade.The deadline has passed.It's not like we can sign a big man.He won't play 'em.I suggested Adelman.Many have suggested a few of the Spurs assistants like Mike Budenholzer.Not much can be done.D'Antoni has been stuck in his ways his entire career and refuses to adapt.I'm not a hypocrite liek some ppl are that JUST started complaining about his coaching.Ask anyone who posts for years here regularly and reads my comments,I didnt even want him hired.I've been calling for his head since he was brought in.We had an opportunity to let him go and take a pick from a few solid coaches last summer.Thibz,Avery,Monty, Scott etc.D'antoni didn't get us to the playoffs.We're in the playoff hunt because the bottom half of the East is garbage.

Common sense tells you not to put a SF on a Center.Especially not the best one in the league.I woulda rather seen Melo on Dwight.@ least he's a little tougher down low.I wasn't lookin for us to stop Dwight but damn...@ least give urself a chance.

Quote:
D'Antoni's the best coach the Knicks have had in years.
That's like working @ Walmart after working at McDonalds and saying this is the best job I've ever had.Our coaches have sucked for years.That's not an accomplishment dude lol.He didn't have much competition.

To sum this all up,I could sit down and pick apart everything you said but it all comes down to this.Mike D'Antoni is a terrible coachHe doesn't realize that in the NBA,you have to play solid defense to win games.Furthermore,he's probably the only coach in the NBA who thinks you can get away with playing wing players on dominant big men.Also,to make matters worse,he's so stuck in his ways that he refuses to play players who don't fit his mold of an ideal Euro style player and he's hindered us from acquiring talent on multiple occassions.If it were up to him,Gallo would be our franchise player,Nash would be our pg and everyone else would be 3 point shooters.We'd Have Williams at PF and a guys like Mehmet Okur.People forget,D'Antoni didn't even want Amare here and they had to have a sit down and bury a lot of baggage before he signed.

Mike D'antoni sucks and he's holding us back.As long as we have him as coach,we could get Paul and Dwight and still not get a ring.He needs to go.End of story!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #74
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,280
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

You guys going ham on here today.

I think I will just observe in the cut.

And no personal attacks either.

Im so proud.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #75
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
It all pointed out that Mozgov wouldn't make any difference but he did.
Since he came back he played really well and his presence was really felt.
I agree, they shouldn't have traded him.

Quote:
Shelden probably wouldn't be anything special but he should try.
Every single improvement in defense and rebounding is huge for this team.
That's our biggest weakness and if we were slightly better maybe we would win a lot of games we lost.
We traded athletic young hustle guys for a diva scorer and a bus load of geriatrics. That we got worse defensively isn't a surprise.

Quote:
That's just what Mozgov proved.
He isn't anything special but his size helped us a lot in rebounding and defense (altering shots).
Mozgov is 7'1" and as athletic as anyone else that size. Young big guys who can run the floor, jump, and have nice touch out to about 12 feet are definitely special.

Quote:
Shelden isn't as nearly tall as Mozgov but he is strong and he probably wouldn't be bullied by opponent's center.
We can't know it until we try.
We did try, and we got blown the **** out. Clearly, that lineup isn't ready for prime time yet.

Quote:
So we should respect D'Antoni because he will lead team with Stoudemire and bunch of solid starters (Felton,Chandler,Gallinari were all very solid,nothing special but let's not act like they are bad players) to the playoffs (and late in the season team with Stoudemire and Melo) ?
We should worship him because we will be better than Indiana,Milwaukee or Charlotte ?
Who is talking about worship? He has his flaws like anyone else. But to say he's a terrible coach - especially in the regular season - simply doesn't jive. Over the last decade or so, he's had as much success as anyone not named Jackson or Popovich or Rivers. And we aren't getting any of those guys.

Quote:
Let's not act like we had a weak team and he is the main reason why we are heading to playoffs.
We had a solid team who just can't miss playoffs in the East no matter who the coach is.
Conjecture. Although I would maintain that the team we had pre-trade was better than the one we have now, and under different circumstances would have continued to improve. But that's just for this season, which, when we're all in Knick Fan Denial Mode, doesn't really count...right?

But the situation right now isn't all too different from what happened with the Miami Heat, except they had an entire offseason of practices and training camps to learn to play together. So, you never know, we could go on another 13-15 streak into the playoffs.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy