Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #76
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Barron was available since last season.Then he was picked up by PHX then cut. We had ample time to get him.I'm not saying he's a dominant force but he's WAY better than Jared Jeffries.
Okay.

Quote:
Yea but what you're failing to realize is the reason we DON'T have capable big men is because he doesn't want them here.It isn't like he just got here and he was left with a team with no center.He doesn't WANT a center.
Except, simple observation says otherwise. Look at the beginning of the season. Loads of new faces, basically a blank slate for the season. What does D'Antoni do? He starts as "traditional" a lineup as you could ask for.

Felton, Fields, Gallo, Amar'e, Mozgov. Big front court, legit (rookie!) center. Athletic, hustle wing and center off the bench. Bam. Right there. Probably the same lineup someone like your buddy Rick Adelman or the great Jerry Sloan would have started.

But guess what? It didn't really work. Comrade Mozgov wasn't quite ready. So he made some changes, and - this is the important part - started winning games. Later on in the season, when Mozgov was ready for another chance (I think some of you guys don't realize that there are practices and behind the scenes stuff that we fans don't really get to see) he made the most of it and started getting more minutes. Then he got traded. Now we don't have a center. Whoops.

Quote:
If you can't shoot jump shots,you don't play...no matter how good you are.Chandler outplayed Gallo when he was here but if Chandler had an off shooting night, rest assured he'd be benched the next game.Ya boy thinks this is Europe which is the only place he has and will ever win a championship.
Danilo Gallinari is a better basketball player than Wilson Chandler. But they both got plenty of minutes. Wilson Chandler played his best ball when he was the sixth man early in the season. He was having, like, 20/15 games if I remember. So they bumped him up to the starting lineup, and he stopped rebounding for some reason. Not that he wasn't good - I liked him - but he seemed to care less and less as the deadline approached.

I don't really think we got a fair representation of either of those guys. They had that trade crap hanging over their heads from day one. It's easy to say, "Oh, they're professionals, they should just do their jobs", but it's not at all realistic. Or even desirable. I, for one, don't really want guys that don't care about what they're doing.

Quote:
Well when Marbury was here he single handedly took a team to the playoffs who before that trade had no shot...but he's a villian in NY now
Marbury's basically been a career-long headache though. I thought he had gotten better in that respect a couple of years ago, but it's not like he played all that great with the Celtics. I mean, let's neither of us go around saying we actually miss him or something.

Quote:
N yea he took a team to the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years but he's been the coach for 3 of those years.
But this is basically the first year he's had a legit roster. And that got dramatically shook up mid season.

Quote:
We had an opportunity to let him go and take a pick from a few solid coaches last summer.Thibz,Avery,Monty, Scott etc.D'antoni didn't get us to the playoffs.We're in the playoff hunt because the bottom half of the East is garbage.
Well, we've beaten Thibodeau twice, so that's good. He's done a great job with the Bulls, but let's see how he does come post season. See if he can make a deep run like D'Antoni has done multiple times in a tougher conference. Monty Williams was completely unproven, and, despite a hot start start and a solid team, the Hornets have tapered off dramatically. They might fall out of the playoffs (especially now that David West's knee has imploded ). And, again, D'Antoni's beaten him twice(?) this season. Avery Johnson's and Dennis Scott's teams are both worse than ours (except for the Cavs owning us this year), and they "preach" defense and have legit centers. Those guys coach in the same shitty conference as Mike D'antoni, and aren't anywhere near the playoffs.

Quote:
Common sense tells you not to put a SF on a Center.Especially not the best one in the league.I woulda rather seen Melo on Dwight.@ least he's a little tougher down low.I wasn't lookin for us to stop Dwight but damn...@ least give urself a chance.
What chance? Jeffries? Turiaf? Amar'e? We tried all those guys, and none of them worked. Shelden might have worked, but that's employing a very generous application of "might" and a very loose definition of "worked".

Quote:
That's like working @ Walmart after working at McDonalds and saying this is the best job I've ever had.Our coaches have sucked for years.That's not an accomplishment dude lol.He didn't have much competition.
Larry Brown's usually a great coach. And I thought you liked Isiah...?

Quote:
To sum this all up,I could sit down and pick apart everything you said but it all comes down to this.Mike D'Antoni is a terrible coachHe doesn't realize that in the NBA,you have to play solid defense to win games.Furthermore,he's probably the only coach in the NBA who thinks you can get away with playing wing players on dominant big men.Also,to make matters worse,he's so stuck in his ways that he refuses to play players who don't fit his mold of an ideal Euro style player and he's hindered us from acquiring talent on multiple occassions.If it were up to him,Gallo would be our franchise player,Nash would be our pg and everyone else would be 3 point shooters.We'd Have Williams at PF and a guys like Mehmet Okur.People forget,D'Antoni didn't even want Amare here and they had to have a sit down and bury a lot of baggage before he signed.

Mike D'antoni sucks and he's holding us back.As long as we have him as coach,we could get Paul and Dwight and still not get a ring.He needs to go.End of story!
Most of what you're saying is either highly speculative, rumor, or just wrong. Some of it's right. I could parcel it up line by line, but for now I will agree to disagree!


Last edited by Scoooter : 03-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #77
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

BTW, someone explain "ham" to me.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #78
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,717
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

[quote=Scoooter]Okay.


Except, simple observation says otherwise. Look at the beginning of the season. Loads of new faces, basically a blank slate for the season. What does D'Antoni do? He starts as "traditional" a lineup as you could ask for.

Felton, Fields, Gallo, Amar'e, Mozgov. Big front court, legit (rookie!) center. Athletic, hustle wing and center off the bench. Bam. Right there. Probably the same lineup someone like your buddy Rick Adelman or the great Jerry Sloan would have started.

But guess what? It didn't really work. Comrade Mozgov wasn't quite ready. So he made some changes, and - this is the important part - started winning games. Later on in the season, when Mozgov was ready for another chance (I think some of you guys don't realize that there are practices and behind the scenes stuff that we fans don't really get to see) he made the most of it and started getting more minutes. Then he got traded. Now we don't have a center. Whoops.
[quote]
First of all,why did we get Mozgov in the first place?Because he's a foreign player who isn't a traditional back to the basket type of big man.2nd of all, because Mozgov doesn't work out,a unproven rookie who's never played American basketball before,you rebuke the entire notion of a center altogether?Thats worst than ole boy not being a Knicks fan anymore because Anthony Randolph had a good game.No matter what you say to me,theres no way to justify D'Antoni's sheer disregard for defense and common sense.He's cocky,stubborn and foolish.My fiance' doesn't watch basketball at all but if I told her to pick out one person to guard Dwight Howard,she knows not to pick Shawne Williams.It's common sense.If you can't see that then you'll literally fall for anything Pringles says or does.

If you also can't see that D'Antoni is biased toward players that play his Euro style of basketball,you are blind.Say what you will but while they were Knicks Chandler outdid Gallo in nearly every statistical when he was here AND the ones Gallo was ahead of him in,Chandler was close behind.Gallo was as much hype as he was talent.I agree he has potential to be really good.A 6'10" guy who is fluid and can shoot.However,ppl's affection for Gallo,including Mike's, has them overrating him and not giving credit where credit was due.Chandler simply outplayed him on both ends of the court AND he was playing out of position.

Quote:
Not that he wasn't good - I liked him - but he seemed to care less and less as the deadline approached.

I don't really think we got a fair representation of either of those guys. They had that trade crap hanging over their heads from day one. It's easy to say, "Oh, they're professionals, they should just do their jobs", but it's not at all realistic. Or even desirable.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

Quote:
Marbury's basically been a career-long headache though. I thought he had gotten better in that respect a couple of years ago, but it's not like he played all that great with the Celtics. I mean, let's neither of us go around saying we actually miss him or something.

A career heache who avg 20 and 8.When he went to the Celtics he was a shell of himself.He'd sat al year.That's liek saying Arenas was a bum all his career cuz he isn't good now.

Quote:
Well, we've beaten Thibodeau twice, so that's good. He's done a great job with the Bulls, but let's see how he does come post season. See if he can make a deep run like D'Antoni has done multiple times in a tougher conference. Monty Williams was completely unproven, and, despite a hot start start and a solid team, the Hornets have tapered off dramatically. They might fall out of the playoffs (especially now that David West's knee has imploded ). And, again, D'Antoni's beaten him twice(?) this season. Avery Johnson's and Dennis Scott's teams are both worse than ours (except for the Cavs owning us this year), and they "preach" defense and have legit centers. Those guys coach in the same shitty conference as Mike D'antoni, and aren't anywhere near the playoffs.
Yea we beat Chicago twice but not because we out-coached them.We just got hot from 3.N last time I checked,his team has the best record in the East. You act like Mike has a ring....or has even been to the Finals.Monty Williams is unproven because he's a 1st year coach.D'antoni is unproven because he sucks as a coach lmao Avery is WAY better than him and it's Byron Scott...not Dennis! Once again you contradicted yourself BTW because you gave D'Antoni a pass because "this is the 1st year he had a full roster and he had a mid-season trade" but you knocked Avery and Byron for the same thing.The Knicks have way more talent than the Nets.Avery inherited the team who nearly set a record for losses last year.

Quote:
And I thought you liked Isiah...?

I NEVER said I liked Isaiah.I said to certain ppl give credit where it's due and don't be hypocritical.Isaiah sucked as a coach and was terrible with money but he did bring in some talent and he was as influential or more in the acquisition of our two best players.Thats ALL I said.

Quote:
Most of what you're saying is either highly speculative, rumor, or just wrong.

Like...?

Anyway,the one thing I agree with you about is that we will just have to agree to disagree.If you can't see that D'Antoni is a terrible coach then I don't know what to tell you.He's essentially an offensive coordinator.Only problem is....this aint football! Maybe he can switch places with Schottenheimer.lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #79
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,111
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
BTW, someone explain "ham" to me.

hard as a mother****er.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #80
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Why do you always mangle the quotes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
First of all,why did we get Mozgov in the first place?Because he's a foreign player who isn't a traditional back to the basket type of big man.2nd of all, because Mozgov doesn't work out,a unproven rookie who's never played American basketball before,you rebuke the entire notion of a center altogether?
We got Mozgov because he was an intriguing young prospect with great size and athleticism. They should have tried to get Tyson Chandler too. This whole, "rebuke the entire notion of a center" thing is nonsensical though. When Mozgov wasn't working out, he went with the only other center on the roster, Ronny Turiaf. Turiaf played well, but when he couldn't stay healthy for more than five minutes at a time, they went with Amar'e and won a lot of games. Did you want him to play Gallinari at center?

Quote:
My fiance' doesn't watch basketball at all but if I told her to pick out one person to guard Dwight Howard,she knows not to pick Shawne Williams.It's common sense.If you can't see that then you'll literally fall for anything Pringles says or does.
I'm thinking you should reconsider this whole fiancee thing. I'm sure she's lovely, but are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who doesn't know shit about the Knicks?

If you've been watching the team all season, you'd know that the Knicks three best defenders are Toney Douglas, Ronny Turiaf, and Shawne Williams. Toney Douglas is 6 feet tall, so he isn't going to to be much help. Ronny got hurt again and went to the locker room in the fourth quarter. So that leaves you with Shawne Williams, your best bet at that point. The problem here is not having a center on the roster.

Quote:
If you also can't see that D'Antoni is biased toward players that play his Euro style of basketball,you are blind.Say what you will but while they were Knicks Chandler outdid Gallo in nearly every statistical when he was here AND the ones Gallo was ahead of him in,Chandler was close behind.Gallo was as much hype as he was talent.I agree he has potential to be really good.A 6'10" guy who is fluid and can shoot.However,ppl's affection for Gallo,including Mike's, has them overrating him and not giving credit where credit was due.Chandler simply outplayed him on both ends of the court AND he was playing out of position.
I know you loved Wilson Chandler. I miss him too man. It'll be okay. We're gonna get through this.

Quote:
Aren't you contradicting yourself here?
No.

Quote:
A career heache who avg 20 and 8.When he went to the Celtics he was a shell of himself.He'd sat al year.That's liek saying Arenas was a bum all his career cuz he isn't good now.
Either way, I'm not too upset about it.

Quote:
Yea we beat Chicago twice but not because we out-coached them.We just got hot from 3.
So we beat them twice, in the same way? Nice adjustment, Thibz! j/k
Quote:
N last time I checked,his team has the best record in the East. You act like Mike has a ring....or has even been to the Finals.
No, I said he's made deep playoff runs. In a tougher conference. Which is true. I'd just like to see how Thibodeau does in the playoffs before we start anointing him with the blood of our first borns.

Quote:
Once again you contradicted yourself BTW because you gave D'Antoni a pass because "this is the 1st year he had a full roster and he had a mid-season trade" but you knocked Avery and Byron for the same thing.The Knicks have way more talent than the Nets.Avery inherited the team who nearly set a record for losses last year.
Byron, excuse me. I watch a lot of NBA tv, and 3D is always on there. BTW, I'm not sure you know what "contradict" means...

Quote:
I NEVER said I liked Isaiah.I said to certain ppl give credit where it's due and don't be hypocritical.Isaiah sucked as a coach and was terrible with money but he did bring in some talent and he was as influential or more in the acquisition of our two best players.Thats ALL I said.
Good, because I usually say, "**** Isiah".

Quote:
Anyway,the one thing I agree with you about is that we will just have to agree to disagree.If you can't see that D'Antoni is a terrible coach then I don't know what to tell you.He's essentially an offensive coordinator.Only problem is....this aint football! Maybe he can switch places with Schottenheimer.lol
I've said before I think the Knicks should hire a defensive coordinator. I've floated the name Mike Brown, but how perfect would it be if we got Dwight Howard and brought Patrick Ewing back into the fold?!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #81
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
hard as a mother****er.
Oh. Thank you.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #82
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter
 
earlofupstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Another state
Posts: 773
earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Fire D'Antoni chants at MSG tonight.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #83
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,717
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Byron, excuse me. I watch a lot of NBA tv, and 3D is always on there. BTW, I'm not sure you know what "contradict" means...


A contradiction is when you say something that is the direct opposite of something else you said.For instance,when you give D'Antoni a pass for a terrible coaching job because "he just got a full roster" but you criticize Avery and Byron when in fact they inherited worse rosters than Mike did.It's a hypocritical contradiction.Why is it ok for one coach but not ok for the others?Because you have a man crush? lol

Quote:
I'm thinking you should reconsider this whole fiancee thing. I'm sure she's lovely, but are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who doesn't know shit about the Knicks?

Are you an ex-girlfriend or a marraige counselor?As much as I like the Knicks, Im afraid her not knowing sports wasn't exactly a determining factor lol.Her being the love of my life,knowing me since HS and being a great mother to our child slightly outweighs that.I'll keep that in mind though lol

Quote:
We got Mozgov because he was an intriguing young prospect with great size and athleticism. They should have tried to get Tyson Chandler too. This whole, "rebuke the entire notion of a center" thing is nonsensical though. When Mozgov wasn't working out, he went with the only other center on the roster, Ronny Turiaf. Turiaf played well, but when he couldn't stay healthy for more than five minutes at a time, they went with Amar'e and won a lot of games. Did you want him to play Gallinari at center?

What you fail to realize is that we don't have a real center because D'Antoni doesnt want one.Making the excuse that D'Antoni is only working with what he has is BS because he is the reason he has what he has.As for Tyson Chandler,I can't blame Walsh for not getting him.Chandler makes alot of money and Walsh has clearly shown his plan was to be thrifty until he can shoot for the stars in free agency.Chandler is an impact player we could certainly use on both ends but he isnt a star.I think Walsh is essentially saying he's more confident in getting Paul or DWill and a decent center than get a guy like Chandler and hope you get lucky with a pg in the draft.Besides that,Chandler pays for Dallas.Mark Cuban has no problems overpaying for guys.Whats the luxury tax to one of the richest owners in sports?lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #84
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

I hope he takes the team with him. Leave us Fields and Williams, get the rest of these assholes out of here.

Take Dolan too.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #85
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,717
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Who's "he"?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #86
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A contradiction is when you say something that is the direct opposite of something else you said.For instance,when you give D'Antoni a pass for a terrible coaching job because "he just got a full roster" but you criticize Avery and Byron when in fact they inherited worse rosters than Mike did.It's a hypocritical contradiction.Why is it ok for one coach but not ok for the others?Because you have a man crush? lol
All three coaches basically started the season with new expectations and new rosters. Only the Knicks are headed for the playoffs.

Quote:
Are you an ex-girlfriend or a marraige counselor?As much as I like the Knicks, Im afraid her not knowing sports wasn't exactly a determining factor lol.Her being the love of my life,knowing me since HS and being a great mother to our child slightly outweighs that.I'll keep that in mind though lol
You might be right. I once dated a girl who knew just as much about basketball as I did. We fought a lot.

Quote:
What you fail to realize is that we don't have a real center because D'Antoni doesnt want one.
It's bullshit though. We had a real center.

Quote:
Making the excuse that D'Antoni is only working with what he has is BS because he is the reason he has what he has.
No, James Dolan is the reason they're fielding a gutted team. Dolan and his butt-buddy Isiah Thomas.

Quote:
As for Tyson Chandler,I can't blame Walsh for not getting him.Chandler makes alot of money and Walsh has clearly shown his plan was to be thrifty until he can shoot for the stars in free agency.Chandler is an impact player we could certainly use on both ends but he isnt a star.I think Walsh is essentially saying he's more confident in getting Paul or DWill and a decent center than get a guy like Chandler and hope you get lucky with a pg in the draft.Besides that,Chandler pays for Dallas.Mark Cuban has no problems overpaying for guys.Whats the luxury tax to one of the richest owners in sports?lol
I wish Cuban owned the Knicks.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #87
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,717
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
All three coaches basically started the season with new expectations and new rosters. Only the Knicks are headed for the playoffs.

What were the expectations for the Nets and Cavs? lmao

Quote:
No, James Dolan is the reason they're fielding a gutted team. Dolan and his butt-buddy Isiah Thomas.

Yea because Dolan was proactive enough to override Walsh and Mike n not pass up on one of the most prolific scorers in the last decade just so you can not give up a guy who was avg 15 ppg,a sf who is a FA this yr and didnt get utilized properly,a slightly overrated pg who's contract is up after next year and a center who's unproven,a high risk high reward and kinda overpaid. Taking control of that situation is one of the few things I give Dolan credit for.At the end of the day,this is HIS business.We are the most valuable team in the NBA.At the worst,even if we don't win a ring with Melo,we'll sell tickets and jerseys.The fans were going to eventually realize those guys we traded were role players.

Quote:
I wish Cuban owned the Knicks.
If you don't like Walsh meddling with the team,you sure you can tolerate Cuban? lol Besides,sometimes they spend foolish money...like Jason Kidd's contract lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #88
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
What were the expectations for the Nets and Cavs? lmao
I don't know. The expectations for the Knicks were what, though? Make the playoffs, get better for next year? Something like that.

Quote:
Yea because Dolan was proactive enough to override Walsh and Mike n not pass up on one of the most prolific scorers in the last decade just so you can not give up a guy who was avg 15 ppg,a sf who is a FA this yr and didnt get utilized properly,a slightly overrated pg who's contract is up after next year and a center who's unproven,a high risk high reward and kinda overpaid. Taking control of that situation is one of the few things I give Dolan credit for.At the end of the day,this is HIS business.We are the most valuable team in the NBA.At the worst,even if we don't win a ring with Melo,we'll sell tickets and jerseys.The fans were going to eventually realize those guys we traded were role players.
Oh, tickets and jerseys. Thank God for that. I'll make sure to buy some MSG stock. Good to know that he doesn't have to care about winning to still make some money.

Quote:
If you don't like Walsh meddling with the team,you sure you can tolerate Cuban? lol Besides,sometimes they spend foolish money...like Jason Kidd's contract lol
I like Walsh. The one I don't like is Dolan, because he's a ****ing idiot.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 AM   #89
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 22,111
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

The Knicks expectations were to be a playoff team this year. They were expected to be around the 6th seed. Going into the year the top 5 teams were Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando, and Atlanta. There were 5 more teams who were supposed to fight for positions 6-8, which were the Knicks, Sixers, Pacers, Bobcats, and Bucks. The Pistons, Nets, Raptors, Wizards, and Cavaliers were not expected to compete at all. Most people thought that with Amar'e Stoudemire, and the emergence of Danilo Gallinari, as well as the addition of Raymond Felton, the Knicks should pretty easily get the 6 or at worst 7th seed in the playoffs.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #90
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
The Knicks expectations were to be a playoff team this year. They were expected to be around the 6th seed. Going into the year the top 5 teams were Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando, and Atlanta. There were 5 more teams who were supposed to fight for positions 6-8, which were the Knicks, Sixers, Pacers, Bobcats, and Bucks. The Pistons, Nets, Raptors, Wizards, and Cavaliers were not expected to compete at all. Most people thought that with Amar'e Stoudemire, and the emergence of Danilo Gallinari, as well as the addition of Raymond Felton, the Knicks should pretty easily get the 6 or at worst 7th seed in the playoffs.
So I guess they're right on track, assuming the trade hasn't mucked things up to badly. Certainly trending in the wrong direction at the moment, but I could see them picking it up a bit before the playoffs.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy