Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #31
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Player reviews so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Wait wait wait WTF!!!

Yall are gonna call me a hater but o well so be it. How the hell do you rip Chandler for his play thus far but say you're impressed with Gallinari?It's this same double standard,rooster loving bias that has us in the position where we are today.Chandler has been the MVP of our team outside of Amare. Gallo has been ridiculously inconsistent,one dimensional and sometimes looks like he's intimidated out there.Just last week alot of us were in agreement that he deserved to be on the bench but he has a good game or two now the love affair is back on?....ridiculous

Hey I agree with you. I came in to this thread expecting to see Gallo hate because of his play but the first 2 posts confused me. Chandler has been so much better this season. Gallo is slowly starting to pick it up though.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Yeah but what I mean is "immediate" upside.

I know that Chandler has played better lately, but if I had the NBA finals TONIGHT and should choose between the two guys, I'd go with Gallo.

Why? Because the best game Gallo can have tonight > the best game Wilson can have.
I know you love Gallo and I like him also, although he is highly inconsistent.

But you are telling me that you would pick Gallo over Chandler in an NBA Finals game?

Defense wins games always, especially in the finals.

Gallo doesn't defend so he really doesn't belong on the court in the finals.

Plus the pressure would bust Gallo, he has been clearly shook just hearing his name in trade talks.

You think he can handle the finals?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #33
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gallo is stinking it up again so far tonight.

Seriously, how long is he gonna stay in the starting line up with play like this?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #34
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Gallo is stinking it up again so far tonight.

Seriously, how long is he gonna stay in the starting line up with play like this?

He finished with 21 points 10 rebounds and 3 assists. I like how he realized his 3 pt shot wasn't falling and became much more agressive. He drew a lot of fouls and drove a lot to the hoop. Also he had 10 rebounds.

He improved in a sense that last season, if he missed his first 4 shots he was done for the game and would bassicaly stop trying. At least now we see he learned to adjust his game on how his shot is falling. This is something he's going to need this season because his shot hasn't been falling so much.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #35
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
He finished with 21 points 10 rebounds and 3 assists. I like how he realized his 3 pt shot wasn't falling and became much more agressive. He drew a lot of fouls and drove a lot to the hoop. Also he had 10 rebounds.

He improved in a sense that last season, if he missed his first 4 shots he was done for the game and would bassicaly stop trying. At least now we see he learned to adjust his game on how his shot is falling. This is something he's going to need this season because his shot hasn't been falling so much.

I am happy with the rebounds tonight, but he shot 6-19. If he shot 8-19, which is still below 50%, we would have won the game.

He is shooting 36% for the year. In order for this team to win, it needs to make shots. 36% is not gonna cut it.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #36
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gallo played much better in the second half. Pretty good D too. If he had done that the whole game, it would have been gravy. The key was that he adjusted, and that's what you like to see. Chandler made a lot of stupid plays, but I like his shot blocking. The game was horribly officiated tonight as well. I normally try not to make that excuse (instead choosing to just a nurse a quieter seething hatred of the incompetence that permeates NBA refereeing), but the Nuggets got away with a lot of bullshit.

Goes back to the point guards though. They're bad for the offense. Try Landry Fields out at the 1. At least he can see the court.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #37
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There was some questionable calls, but that's not an excuse.

All those missed threes and free throws cost us the game.

You know a rookie isn't gonna get the call their way against a superstar.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #38
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bill Walker played just 10 minutes tonight, he deserves better.

I like the way Landry and Danilo put a lot of effort in rebounding the basketball.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #39
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I know you love Gallo and I like him also, although he is highly inconsistent.

But you are telling me that you would pick Gallo over Chandler in an NBA Finals game?

Defense wins games always, especially in the finals.

Gallo doesn't defend so he really doesn't belong on the court in the finals.

Plus the pressure would bust Gallo, he has been clearly shook just hearing his name in trade talks.

You think he can handle the finals?

Like I've said in another thread, the Gallo I know doesn't shake easily.
I don't buy that the slump in the first games was caused by trade rumours, I think it was just a slump after the wrist injury.

This guy at 19 was the clear cut leader of a good Euroleague team.
The problem with him now is inconsistency, but not the lack of self-confidence/toughness/leadership/whatever you call it.

I didn't see the game @ Denver, it was too late at night for me...
From the boxscore it looks like Amare's 3 of 8 from the line lost us the game...
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #40
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

The few FT's I saw STAT take were hitting the rim at about 90 mph. I only watched bits and pieces of the game, but MD's theory on taking 3's is seriously flawed with the roster we have now. This isn't Phoenix anymore Mike. You have to adjust to what we have, not stick with the plan when you had Nash & company in Arizona. It ain't working. Adjust!!! Work with the talent you have now. Wake up!!!
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Like I've said in another thread, the Gallo I know doesn't shake easily.
I don't buy that the slump in the first games was caused by trade rumours, I think it was just a slump after the wrist injury.

This guy at 19 was the clear cut leader of a good Euroleague team.
The problem with him now is inconsistency, but not the lack of self-confidence/toughness/leadership/whatever you call it.

I didn't see the game @ Denver, it was too late at night for me...
From the boxscore it looks like Amare's 3 of 8 from the line lost us the game...
The boxscore doesn't show Gallo was 0-8 from three before finally hitting one.
These guys were just heaving up shots just for the he'll of it.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #42
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Gallo is a great shooter when shooting in rhythm. Most of his shots are clearly forced and I don't understand how (or why?) he doesn't either move the ball around or drive hard to the basket on many plays. He's golden from the free throw line. So when he's fouled he can make teams pay. I blame that on D'antoni, because you can tell that the coach tells Gallo "if your behind the three point line, no matter what....shoot it!!!" That's why he's chucking them up. Realistically, Gallo should be shooting more mid range jumpers using up and unders to get to the free throw line. But D'antoni won't let him. The coach wants him to stand there and wait for the ball to get to him and hoist up a three. Chandler is really a slasher, but AGAIN, D'antoni wants jump shooting.

Truthfully, the knicks as a team would do better if they played the way Detroit did in 2005. Use defense to create their offense. They already lead the league in shotblocking...transform the blocked shots into open court opportunities and say to the guys "ATTACK THE BASKET!!!" Three pointers ONLY if left open. Most of our guys are mid range shooters or strong finishers. Bill Walker, Gallo, Douglas (sometimes Chandler) can hit threes, but the team's game is really slashing and scoring 17 feet and in.
I think this team really misses Turiaf on the floor. He brought energy, toughness, focus, and quiet leadership.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #43
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

My continuation...You know why the knicks are so stagnant in the half court? because most of the players are slashers. So when Amare has the ball 20 feet away from the basket the opposition is waiting at the rim. Most of the other players aren't great shooters so they stand around or they move the ball around in a giant circle because the opposition is still waiting on Amare to head to the rim. we need to set screens for Fields, Gallo, maybe even Randolgh to get shots near the free throw line to keep teams honest. Every team has the same strategy, Defend Amare and make him go left. Then if the ball leaves his hands defenders close out on Gallo because they know he can shoot. However, if other players are able to score at the elbow: it allows Amare opportunities for alley oops, strong drives to his right, and leaves Gallo more open for better three point opportunities....
In the open court, we need to run better. We seem not to allow ourselves the proper amount of space to execute plays at times, so when we finally decide to try to make a push the defense has already had enough time to regroup and go back to the Amare strategy. In many games I remember a lot of open court plays in which many of our guys were to close together which closed up our passing lanes. Felton or Douglas (wisely) slow up because the opportunity of easy scores has passed and now have to try to create offense with the opposition ready defensively.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #44
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
There was some questionable calls, but that's not an excuse.

All those missed threes and free throws cost us the game.

You know a rookie isn't gonna get the call their way against a superstar.
Well, like I said, I'm reluctant to ever use that excuse. This however was a game in which Mike Breen commented, more than once, on the poor officiating. So it's at least notable. And as far as the "superstar call" thing - it's so sad that that's just expected now. It's my least favorite part of the game, and I've been watching basketball for about 17, 18 years now. They're great players, ref, they don't need your help! Jordan used to get a whistle every time someone looked at him funny. My father got ejected from a Knicks game once for verbally berating Joey Crawford.

Spinning my wheels, I guess.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #45
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like I said before Gallo has been playing good(Besides his awful 3point%). He's doing a good job on everything other than his shooting and once he gets that down(which he will) he'll be a very good player.

Mozguv seems like trash atm.. He can't do anything right really. I'd rather see Amare or Turriaf at center. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: