Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

i think is a good fit for james
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #17
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
If there is a way to get that 6th overall pick for Mike James than Raptors should be willing to trade anyone outside of Chris Bosh,Mo Pete and C.Villanueva.
I would love it if the Raps got the 6th pick for Mike James. I just don't see it happening though. BC has stated that the Raps have enough young talent and need some more experianced players. So I just don't see him wanting to draft 2 players in the first round. I mean, I could be wrong, I just don't see it happening.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #18
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

James would probably fit in well, if he can only get the MLE. He'd get to start, which I think is important to him.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #19
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I like...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #20
Stasiuk
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Stasiuk has an OK reputation so far

I think Mike James would be a good fit for Minnesota because it would give them a third scoring option and a guy who can consistanly make big shots late in the game which they did not have this year
Stasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #21
podsportart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

podsportart has an OK reputation so far

M. James is the worst thing that could happen to the Wolves. Banks fits our new offense perfectly. Just because KG pouted the first half of the year when he didn't have Flips predictable offense to rely on doesn't mean it isn't the right offense for us. In the second half he began to realize that the new drive and kick offense got him more open jumpers than he could handle. It also freed him up to do something he has never done. Get an occasional offensive rebound. Getting a jump shooting point like James puts us right back to the same old throw it to KG pitch it back out for a contested jumper offense that got us knocked out in the first round every year. Is that really what you want? Ask Detroit how that jump shot offense works when it counts. We need to keep Banks in the worst way, but McHale doesn't know a thing about point guard play so he will let him go. If he does, we need a driver and defender. James is neither. It sucks to have to draft what we already have on the roster (Banks) but M.Williams and R. Foy both fit the bill. We can trade down and have a shot at either. Both are good defenders.Foy has enough handle that he can play point with ball handling help from R. Davis. Free agent wise Speedy Claxton is a much better fit than James. But it is McHale making the call so whatever ends up happening expect the worst possible results.
podsportart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I read the first few lines and I agree Mike wouldn't be the best fit in Minny. I'd like a guy like hmmm... THE GUY WE TRADED AWAY SAM CASSELL.

Mchale, you are dumb.

Last edited by Skywalker : 11-12-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #23
KKittles30
#30 Forever 'Nova!

KKittles30 has decent reputation

I don't think Mike James would be a good fit for us at all. we need youth over scoring right now. re-sign Banks to have a steady floor general and then draft with the 6th pick the sickest Villanova Wildcat since Kerry Kittles the one and only Mr.Foye he is a hybrid combo guard with PG abilities as well as SG mentality he can handle both roles or team up with a FA pick up to give us what we really need. a dynamic young scoring threat!
KKittles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #24
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Just call me Nostradamus. How do you think Mike is doing so far?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Just call me Nostradamus. How do you think Mike is doing so far?
not bad at all, i blame the coach for our losses. mike james is doing good things and all his mistakes are magnified at times because we signed him. he's doing what he's suppose to be doing. i just wish our coach would play foye when he's off the bench and some time at the SG spot as well.

He's not a very good passer for a PG. He throws passes way down court that only Steve Nash could pull off when he oculd jus hit his man right in front of him or just run the ball up-court. He's shooting just as well as he did at Toronto so far. That's a good sign and there's always room for improvement when your fighting for minutes with Randy Foye considering Dwayne Casey recently said minutes will be given based on performance. Though James might not have much to worry about since Casey likes their chemistry together on the court.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-16-2006 at 02:47 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: