Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Browns

Colt has the work ethic needed to be a great QB, yes...

I guess Texas produces a lot of QBs that just have "it"...how many times have you heard "Vince Young just finds a way to win he just has 'it'"...

I bet Colt's career will be better than Vince's...but I would be lying if I said I thought either will win a ring...

that would be the greatest SB ever (other than Dallas winning) to see Bradford vs. Colt in the Super Bowl...that would be really cool to see
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
If the Browns were to somehow draft Jon Baldwin, I think my soul would die.
So, you're high on Baldwin? I haven't seen the guy enough to really comment, but on the few occasions that I have checked him out, he seems like a big guy with great hands that can go up and get the ball... However, I do question his top-end speed. He almost looks a little more like a TE to me than a WR1.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Is that Dogg Pound guy still alive? I think his name is Big Dog Robinson.

Glenn Robinson?

Hmmmm...

I guess there is a resemblance.

The real guy -- John Big Dawg Thompson -- is still front-and-center in the Dawg Pound. He actually had his name changed legally to add the 'Big Dawg' part. Oh... and he had gastric bypass surgery, so he isn't really fat like he used to be. But, yeah... He is still around.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Bengals can't win, then I don't mind seeing another in-state team making some noise.

That said, if the Browns ever won the Super Bowl before the Bengals did, I'd never hear the end of it from my friends who support Cleveland.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #19
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Where's the Joe Thomas love??
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #20
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Where's the Joe Thomas love??
that left side with thomas/steinbach/mack is special
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
So, you're high on Baldwin? I haven't seen the guy enough to really comment, but on the few occasions that I have checked him out, he seems like a big guy with great hands that can go up and get the ball... However, I do question his top-end speed. He almost looks a little more like a TE to me than a WR1.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure what his 40 time is or anything but he has had no trouble getting behind the defense and making plays in college. He has unreal skills when the ball is in the air too, it seems like he catches whatever is thrown in his vicinity. Even he doesn't have enough speed to burn defenses deep, which I don't really think is true, he could easily be another Plaxico Burress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzuT2K0B68

^ Here's some highlight from last year. Shows some of his great catches and on a couple he is running away from the defense and has a long reverse that show some of his speed.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 11-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #22
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once their entire receiving corps aren't scrubs, this team should be pretty dangerous.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #23
TheSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Thats a quote from the OP ^

What does Jerome Harrison have to do with anything?

my bad didn't see that.

just that the Browns were really high on him and he was their RB of the future due to how he ended last season, all thru the offseason, and now he's with the eagles, and had a big game last week.

theres still Browns fans pissed they traded him for Bell, since they don't believe too much in Hardesty, and Harrison in some peoples minds would've been a great change of back with Hillis. Bell is already hurt and really hasn't shown shit. not to mention Bell is one of those backs they could've probably picked up as a FA. Harrison i think was a 1st rd pick.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #24
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Harrison being let go was the result of him being none too accepting of his backup role. He felt that he lost his position due to injury and that shouldn't be the way it happens. Unfortunately for him, Hillis is just flat-out better, so he wasn't going to talk himself into getting back on the feature back radar.

Mike Bell may not be a great RB option and he certainly hasn't done a whole lot thus far, but he has integrated himself well within the locker room and he has embraced his spot on the team without making waves.

I think that was what Mangini and Holmgren were most interested in.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
TheSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I think Harrison being let go was the result of him being none too accepting of his backup role. He felt that he lost his position due to injury and that shouldn't be the way it happens. Unfortunately for him, Hillis is just flat-out better, so he wasn't going to talk himself into getting back on the feature back radar.

Mike Bell may not be a great RB option and he certainly hasn't done a whole lot thus far, but he has integrated himself well within the locker room and he has embraced his spot on the team without making waves.

I think that was what Mangini and Holmgren were most interested in.

i'm not complaining just relaying what i've read from Browns fans on some forums. i love hillis, but everyone seems to fear him breaking down without giving a #2 back more carries.

and no complaints from me over mangini/holmgren. nobody would've predicted the Browns recent streak or all of a sudden turnaround. but thats the NFL....
Old 11-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #26
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i like the direction they're heading.

they seem to have a legit qb to bank on the next couple of years.
they got peyton hillis at a steal.
massaquoi and stuckey aren't your goto wrs. browns need wrs.
josh cribbs is a straight out playa. browns need to write up some more plays for him.
defense is going to be a work in progress, but they seem to be heading the right direction.

also. phil dawson's 35? damn. i thought he was over 40 by now. he's a lifer.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #27
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

browns up on the jags 7-3 right now. they win this and they're 4-6. their next 3 games are "winnable" (vs Carolina, @ miami, @buffalo).

let's be optimistic, and they win these games. 7-6 before a 3 game stretch against division teams (@ Cincinnati, vs Baltimore, vs Pittsburgh).

browns can finish .500, but if they can take it the next level against baltimore and pittsburgh, they could possibly make the playoffs .....
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

How about that, once again missed tackles cost us the game in crunch time.
Still, if you can't even convert like 5 forced turnover in the second half, and only finish with constant 3 and outs, you don't deserve to win.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #29
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They just said Baldwin runs a 4.4 so I think he'll be fine speed wise in the NFL. Ill be interested to see what he runs at the combine.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll pass up division matchup Giants/Skins to watch Browns vs Dolphins. I want to see Hillis vs Fins D.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: