Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #16
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Overcoming fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Yea feels good because I know I earned the spot in tryouts not just based on what I did in the offseason. Yea I gotta find someone to help video tape my games and also I gotta achieve the goals that I set for this season.

Good luck with that, just some tips on video:

Try and have one camera in the stands to get the entire view of the game, this way you can show coaches how you move throughout the course of the game. This is game tape and not highlight film.

If possible, try and have another camera focused on you the whole time, not in the stands but somewhere on the baseline or sideline so you can make a high quality highlight reel.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Good luck with that, just some tips on video:

Try and have one camera in the stands to get the entire view of the game, this way you can show coaches how you move throughout the course of the game. This is game tape and not highlight film.

If possible, try and have another camera focused on you the whole time, not in the stands but somewhere on the baseline or sideline so you can make a high quality highlight reel.

yea Im going to see if I can get someone to do that for me. Also I have to compete for a starting position. The kid that im competing against is shorter than me like 5'8 but he has good ball handling ability, IQ and a good jumpshot. I am taller, more versatile, more athletic, faster, probably stronger and I feel I can handle the ball just as well. All I need is to improve my jumpshot. He is planning on playing the off guard which can put him at a disadvantage because of his height and lack of speed and athleticism.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #18
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
yea Im going to see if I can get someone to do that for me. Also I have to compete for a starting position. The kid that im competing against is shorter than me like 5'8 but he has good ball handling ability, IQ and a good jumpshot. I am taller, more versatile, more athletic, faster, probably stronger and I feel I can handle the ball just as well. All I need is to improve my jumpshot. He is planning on playing the off guard which can put him at a disadvantage because of his height and lack of speed and athleticism.

You're the point guard right? Just wondering, what is your weight/height?

You might also want to think about being the 1st one off the bench. I think I might even prefer that because that way I can do damage against the already tired players on the other time. It also gives me the extremely useful opportunity to observe the game and my man. I enter the game knowing how to play him and he has no clue how to guard me.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #19
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
You're the point guard right? Just wondering, what is your weight/height?

You might also want to think about being the 1st one off the bench. I think I might even prefer that because that way I can do damage against the already tired players on the other time. It also gives me the extremely useful opportunity to observe the game and my man. I enter the game knowing how to play him and he has no clue how to guard me.

well im interchangeable i play G/SF. Being the 1st off the bench has some advantages but I think college coaches rather see me starting. It seems Im backing up someone who is inferior to me. Btw im 5'11 155lbs.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #20
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
well im interchangeable i play G/SF. Being the 1st off the bench has some advantages but I think college coaches rather see me starting. It seems Im backing up someone who is inferior to me. Btw im 5'11 155lbs.

Oh nice, versatility is useful. I wish I was 5'11"... maybe I will be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: