Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 06-20-2006, 12:34 AM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Exclamation

troy murphy would be milwuakee's best bet.

his contract will be around what magloire will hope to be making, and he's a legit double double with 3point range.

drew gooden isn't worth magloire, neither is battier. harrington and villanueva are out of milwuakee's price range.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
harrington and villanueva are out of milwuakee's price range.
Only according to Hawks and Raptors fans. The national media, and fans of other teams tend to think a trade would make great sense. Which leads me to adamcz's theorum:

The worse the team, the more its' fans overate their players. This is why fans of the Hawks, Raptors, and Knicks all think that they have multiple players who could only be traded for allstars.

Hawks fans think: Williams, Smith, and Johnson are all allstar level players, while Childress, Harrington, and their #5 pick (and sometimes even Pachulia!) also hold supreme value.

Raptors fans think: Bosh, Villanueva, and their #1 pick are all not just allstars, but franchise level players. Peterson and Graham (and sometimes even James!) also hold supreme value.

Knicks fans think: Curry, Frye, and God knows who else are all franchise players. Nate Robinson is a future all star, Lee is the best role player in the league.

So says adamcz's theorum.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #18
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Only according to Hawks and Raptors fans. The national media, and fans of other teams tend to think a trade would make great sense. Which leads me to adamcz's theorum:

The worse the team, the more its' fans overate their players. This is why fans of the Hawks, Raptors, and Knicks all think that they have multiple players who could only be traded for allstars.

Hawks fans think: Williams, Smith, and Johnson are all allstar level players, while Childress, Harrington, and their #5 pick (and sometimes even Pachulia!) also hold supreme value.

Raptors fans think: Bosh, Villanueva, and their #1 pick are all not just allstars, but franchise level players. Peterson and Graham (and sometimes even James!) also hold supreme value.

Knicks fans think: Curry, Frye, and God knows who else are all franchise players. Nate Robinson is a future all star, Lee is the best role player in the league.

So says adamcz's theorum.

Scary thing is all that sounds true.

Joe Johnson is an allstar though, and is almost a top5 shooting guard.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #19
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

If Harrington can work out at S/T to the Bucks that would be good for both parties, no?

Actaully it might leave the Bucks interior D hurting pretty bad.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #20
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz

The worse the team, the more its' fans overate their players. .

well, the bucks grabbed the 8th seed this year, leading me to believe they weren't that bad... so whats your excuse adamcz?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #21
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Scary thing is all that sounds true.

Joe Johnson is an allstar though, and is almost a top5 shooting guard.

HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #22
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

Wasnt there talk about Maglore to the Raps for Charlie V?

I would think this would work for both team!
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #23
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raildog
Wasnt there talk about Maglore to the Raps for Charlie V?
I would think this would work for both team!
See DoubleTech?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

Al Harrington for Magloire - sounds fair to me.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #25
adamcz
Bucks fan

It's hard to propose trades with the Hawks, because they are a team that doesn't want to be good. They don't care about winning, or having a real pg and c - they just like to aquire "valuable pieces." Sort of like the Knicks. How do you trade with a team like that?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #26
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

If Hawks get Magloire, and then draft Marcus Williams, they should win 10 more games atleast.

C: Magloire
PF: Pachulia
SF: Josh Smith
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Marcus Williams

Looks solid to me.

BTW, the Knicks would probably trade for Magloire, and give him a huge deal. We don't have any pieces that the Bucks want, except if they want David Lee or any of our draft picks.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #27
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Magloire for LaFrentz straight up.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #28
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
BTW, the Knicks would probably trade for Magloire, and give him a huge deal. We don't have any pieces that the Bucks want, except if they want David Lee or any of our draft picks.
I would personally accept Frye, but I'm of course not the GM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #29
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Al Harrington for Magloire - sounds fair to me.

Are you drunk? Why would I trade my 26 year old 18/7 player, for a 28 year old overpaid, overhyped 9/9 player, who is not even better than my current center who only makes 4 million?
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #30
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsLakerfan4eva
Nobody wants him. He sucks ass.
I 2nd that. Overrated
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: