Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 06-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #31
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Are you drunk? Why would I trade my 26 year old 18/7 player, for a 28 year old overpaid, overhyped 9/9 player, who is not even better than my current center who only makes 4 million?
you would do it because you (hawks) need another center/big guy not the SF/PF (harrington) because you are loaded with guys around his size at a younger age with more potential.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #32
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

CB4isJC has an OK reputation so far

Magloire is way better than LaFrentz but not as good or promising as Harrington.
As a Raps fan I'd take him, but wouldn't be willing to give up enough to get him. Bonner, EWilliams, second round picks or something. I couldn't part with Charlie or Mo.

Last edited by CB4isJC : 06-20-2006 at 10:53 AM.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #33
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
you would do it because you (hawks) need another center/big guy not the SF/PF (harrington) because you are loaded with guys around his size at a younger age with more potential.

If I am going to acquire an overpaid overrated center it will be Samuel Dalembert and not Magloire. Dalembert plays defense.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #34
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
If I am going to acquire an overpaid overrated center it will be Samuel Dalembert and not Magloire. Dalembert plays defense.
yeah im not saying hawks should do it, just saying why they might... i think magloire sucks.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #35
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I would personally accept Frye, but I'm of course not the GM.

Frye and Bogut would be a nice duo, but no way Isiah does that. Channing Frye is held as our only hope, and no way we trade him for a nice big.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #36
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Frye and Bogut would be a nice duo, but no way Isiah does that.
To me it sounds like exactly the kind of thing that Isiah would do.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #37
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Exclamation

adamcz, you gotta look at it this way:

toronto is a team that has a couple holes positionally, but our biggest need is talent. when you have a team that doesn't have much talent to begin with, it's generally not wise to trade your 2nd most talented player to fill a hole with a much less talented player, regardless of his position.

as we discussed in a different thread, you have to pay for bigmen, but very few of these bigmen are worth what they're paid... they're just big. if i had to move charlie for one of the 5 bigmen in the league making 8-10 mill that are actually worth what they're paid... i'd have to consider it because these players are difference makers... players like mehmet okur for example. magloire is not a difference maker. for a center in a conference without many other topflight centers, 17 double-doubles on the year isn't very flattering.

and i just flat out don't want to trade charlie after one season, unless its a deal that is obviously in toronto's favour. i mean, the guy finished the season averaging 13 and 6 on the year, 17 and 9 as a starter, and is only 21. i'm not saying he's the next great... whoever, but he sill has serious potential, and after one year in the NBA, he can't possibly be done getting better.

if magloire really wants to come to toronto... he'll come when he's a free agent. but as of this moment, he hasn't proved that the impact he provides is worth giving up villanueva.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #38
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

It seems almost unanimous that Magloire is overrated, which piggybacks on my thread that Zaza is better.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: