Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
TJA7
I airball my layups

TJA7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Me and basketball

ok, so im new to posting here but I have been a lurker here for a couple of years now. Just recently started playing basketball again so I thought I would make a thread about my game (strengths, weaknesses etc), random basketball thoughts and the league games that I am playing in.

So here is some background information for you all, I am 21 years old from the United Kingdom. I played at national league level when i was 18 and 19 and played some ball for the city teams adults reserve squad. I have played recreationally on and off since but nothing too serious, worked out with the University team and train with them occasionally but never tried to make the team because quite frankly at the time I was pre-occupied with other things which on reflection, were not important at all.

I recently started playing for a team in a local district league which isn't the highest standard of basketball by any means but is a good chance for me to shake off the rust and get my confidence back. I joined the team a couple weeks ago and they have yet to win a game in the league and have a 0-3 record before I joined them. I trained with them and played my first game with them last week, I came off the bench at PG and I had 20 points and 4 assists but no rebounds/steals/blocks and we lost by 15 against the previous champions of the league.

After the game I had a think about my game and came up with the following conclusions:
- My midrange shot has not left me and was my most effective offensive weapon in the game
- I'm not very good at drawing fouls anymore and only got to the free throw line once
- I'm very out of shape and need to drop quite a lot of lbs
- My defense is about average, I dont gamble for steals much and am quite good at keeping people in front of me but not good at stopping jumpshooters anymore
- Rebounding is awful (mentally im just not there on the boards)

I would greatly appreciate any advice from others regarding things I can do to get better, probably should have mentioned before that i'm a 5ft11 guard and I weigh 217 lbs (which I know is way too much for someone my height in basketball). Looking forward to reading some replies
TJA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Me and basketball

l2d

*learn 2 dunk
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Practice the fundamentals. And your rebounding problems might just be part of the rust.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Practice the fundamentals. And your rebounding problems might just be part of the rust.

and fitness... got to get your fitness up and then you will want to board more. Still, it's a mentality tho... you have to want to hustle.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: