Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #61
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Default Re: Derek Jeter's contract up - Yankees suddenly fiscally responsible - Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I was never a Jeter homer. I always thought he was overrated. When we got ARod, the correct thing for him to do would have been to move to 3rd and let ARod play short. Instead his ego got in the way and we ended up with our best SS playing third for the past 6 years. Now this whole thing happens, and he holds out because he is mad ARod got a big contract, and he wants one too.

The Yankees paid him well for his past 10 years, and don't owe him anything. The Yankee tradition is fine without him. He needs the Yankees more than the Yankees need him.

youre being too hard on him. i wasnt for greatly overpaying him, but i dont think the deal is bad. youre knocking him for negotiating, which isnt a new concept. as for your hard stance take it or leave it offers, youd just be asking him to leave, which would not go well at all. at the end of the day hes a yankee great and hasnt done much if anything wrong, so why play bully on him when hes down?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #62
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Default Re: Derek Jeter's contract up - Yankees suddenly fiscally responsible - Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
youre being too hard on him. i wasnt for greatly overpaying him, but i dont think the deal is bad. youre knocking him for negotiating, which isnt a new concept. as for your hard stance take it or leave it offers, youd just be asking him to leave, which would not go well at all. at the end of the day hes a yankee great and hasnt done much if anything wrong, so why play bully on him when hes down?
How is offering him double what any other team would pay him playing "bully on him when hes down"?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #63
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
How is offering him double what any other team would pay him playing "bully on him when hes down"?

obviously u didnt read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I am not happy.

If I were the Yankees I would have said to him "We will give you 3/$45 million this week. Next week the offer will be 3/$42 million. The week after the offer will be 3/$39 million. After that, 3/$36 million.

"Let me know when you are ready to sign."

BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #64
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
obviously u didnt read this

All those numbers are still above his fair market value.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: