Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #226
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

I'd actually take Trade n.4 even without Kevin Martin.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #227
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
AMARE TRADE SCENARIOS

Most of them are probably unrealistic but I just want to ask you if you would do these trades:

Trade 1:
Ray Allen + Brandon Bass + Greg Stiensma for Amare Stoudemire + Jerome Jordan
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n66rpv

Trade 2:
Pau Gasol for Amare Stoudemire
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4odd7dq

Trade 3:
Elton Brand + Jodie Meeks for Amare Stoudemire
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ehoet3

Trade 4:
Kevin Martin + Luis Scola for Amare Stoudemire
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vs9562

Trade 5:
Chris Kaman + Trevor Ariza for Amare Stoudemire
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8a5nxmo

Trade 6:
Anderson Varejao + Ramon Sessions for Amare Stoudemire
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=84z9ns2

I'll say it again. Those trades might be unrealistic,I just had some time off so I decided to play with ESPN Trade Machine.

Would you do any of those 6 trades ? Do you think other teams would accept the deal ?
Why just random groups of players? What about trades to actually fit what is already on the knicks? Any trade that could possibly be made should be made to make the team fit together better, not just a random grouping of players. The team needs an outside shooting/floor spacing big
-----
Amare + Lin + B walker for Bargnani + Calderon + kleiza + 2012 1st (top 3 protected)
---
Amare + walker + jordan for Spencer Hawes + vucevic + noccioni
--
Amare for Ryan Anderson + Turkoglu
---------
Those are trades that make the knicks better by getting players to fit together. Just getting different players that also don't fit isn't enough reason to trade amare but to get players thař fit the answer to the knicks is to trade amare for size and shooting
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #228
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I'd actually take Trade n.4 even without Kevin Martin.

If Amar'e can't get back to his old self, then you would be right.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #229
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Well Grummie Bear said he isnt making any more moves. So we are stuck with Amare for now.

The sad thing is I dont know how far the Knicks can go without him. I know Lin will do his part as much as his body can take but I imagine fatigue will set in. Chandler will go as far as Lin takes him. Melo will be Melo.

I really think Stat could have been the difference maker. hopefully the all star break and only a 2 game schedule following that will allow him to get his sh!t together.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #230
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amar'e is still plenty capable. He's not what he once was, but he has had some good games this year. He put up 34/11 against the Bulls, right before Linsanity started.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #231
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Amar'e is still plenty capable. He's not what he once was, but he has had some good games this year. He put up 34/11 against the Bulls, right before Linsanity started.
He's pretty capable on offense.

But we aren't paying him $20 mil. to be only capable on offense and horrible defensively.

This Amare needs to be traded. Only argument for keeping him is hope that the old Amare will show up soon.

If we don't trade him now and he continues to suck then we're stuck with his contract because no one would want to take it.

It's a tough decision and time will tell which one is right.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #232
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

They're really not looking for him on offense. He isn't taking a lot of shots, he isn't forcing anything or demanding the ball. They ran one pick and roll with him tonight that I remember. It's a little perplexing as to why Lin can't find him the way he does Chandler and Jeffries. And the jumpshot is still off; I think that's a combination of rhythm and body issues. But the scoring was very balanced against the Hawks, so maybe that's what works.

I'd like to see them force feed him touches one game, just to see where he's at. Make him put up 20 shots. Obviously the record isn't good enough to **** around like that, but it still looks like a fitness/weight issue instead of a knees/back/eyes issue to me. He looks 15 pounds heavier (at least) than he was last season.

I'm sure his brother dying is a factor too, and I'm sorry for that. But he rebounded tonight (10 in 3 quarters of play), so that's good.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #233
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
They're really not looking for him on offense. He isn't taking a lot of shots, he isn't forcing anything or demanding the ball. They ran one pick and roll with him tonight that I remember. It's a little perplexing as to why Lin can't find him the way he does Chandler and Jeffries. And the jumpshot is still off; I think that's a combination of rhythm and body issues. But the scoring was very balanced against the Hawks, so maybe that's what works.

I'd like to see them force feed him touches one game, just to see where he's at. Make him put up 20 shots. Obviously the record isn't good enough to **** around like that, but it still looks like a fitness/weight issue instead of a knees/back/eyes issue to me. He looks 15 pounds heavier (at least) than he was last season.

I'm sure his brother dying is a factor too, and I'm sorry for that. But he rebounded tonight (10 in 3 quarters of play), so that's good.
Baron found him last night on the pick and roll and first he got blocked and then he missed the layup or something like that.
The old Amare would have dunked that without much hesitation.

I'm not saying he's getting a lot of touches because he isn't.
But even when he gets the opportunity he seems slow and with no lift.

They said he got 20 lbs over the summer. Maybe that's the problem.

I'm really sorry because of his brother but I don't think that's the reason. He hasn't really played well since the season started. He had only one really good game this season,it was against the Bulls.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #234
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he looks old out there
has to work hard for every shot now, even if its spoon fed
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #235
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amar'e doesn't has any lift, and I would believe it's just the extra weight.

Perhaps he thought he'd be playing more center, so he bulked up for it.

It's definitely affected his jumper as most of his missed are back iron.

The most concerning is that he hasn't worked out that vintage pnr with Lin.

That should be automatic like it was with Chandler.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #236
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I really dont have time for excuses. He is an 18 million dollar black hole. I empathize over the loss of his brother but he wasnt doing anything before that either.

The Knicks will only go as far as Amare takes them.

The only way the Knicks can get anywhere without Amare if it becomes the Lin + Melo show. Lin will get everyone involved and let Melo be Melo for some possessions. The quicker they realize this the Knicks could put the peddle to the metal!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #237
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My issue also is, if your star is struggling, why not put them in the best positions to get back on track. We always start games with pick and roll to Chandler. Why not pick and roll with Amare n Melo more?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #238
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I really dont have time for excuses. He is an 18 million dollar black hole. I empathize over the loss of his brother but he wasnt doing anything before that either.

The Knicks will only go as far as Amare takes them.

The only way the Knicks can get anywhere without Amare if it becomes the Lin + Melo show. Lin will get everyone involved and let Melo be Melo for some possessions. The quicker they realize this the Knicks could put the peddle to the metal!

That's a pretty damn good third option.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #239
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My issue also is, if your star is struggling, why not put them in the best positions to get back on track. We always start games with pick and roll to Chandler. Why not pick and roll with Amare n Melo more?

I don't hate on Amare and Melo, on the contrary I love them, but I think you're too overprotective with them.
I mean, they are called "stars" for a reason. They're supposed to be better, more consistent, mentally tougher than the rest of the players.
They shouldn't need people to find excuses for them, to help them etc, they should just man up and produce like the freaking stars they are.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #240
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I don't hate on Amare and Melo, on the contrary I love them, but I think you're too overprotective with them.
I mean, they are called "stars" for a reason. They're supposed to be better, more consistent, mentally tougher than the rest of the players.
They shouldn't need people to find excuses for them, to help them etc, they should just man up and produce like the freaking stars they are.
Stars by fame not by ability!

This is like squeezing Lemons and trying to make Orange juice....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: