Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #241
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Stars by fame not by ability!

This is like squeezing Lemons and trying to make Orange juice....

Amar'e is going to go beast mode tonight, and you will be eating your words.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #242
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ I sincerely hope so!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #243
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I want him to be in beastmode!!

I just want him to be able to put a stamp on the game instead of empty Stats... ( (you see what i did)
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #244
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I don't hate on Amare and Melo, on the contrary I love them, but I think you're too overprotective with them.
I mean, they are called "stars" for a reason. They're supposed to be better, more consistent, mentally tougher than the rest of the players.
They shouldn't need people to find excuses for them, to help them etc, they should just man up and produce like the freaking stars they are.

So wanting us to run plays for our best players is bad?

This is coming from one of the biggest Gallinari fans on this board. Weren't you part of the annual "I have a feeling he's going to have a break out year" brigade?

I don't get how I'm "overprotective" when, if you scroll back a few pages, I said I'm willing to trade Amare right about now.

As for Melo, the dude has been producing at a high level since he stepped foot in the NBA. At some point, somebody needs to take D'Antoni to task for ruining players and stop with the convenient "blame the star player" approach. We've been playing that card for years now and it hasn't worked.

Example: Marbury = 20 and 8 PG before the Knicks After..... well you know

Players don't get better under Mike. At the very most, their stats inflate for a year then the truth comes to light.

End of the day, Melo has been hampered by injury and a revolving door at pg. That,coupled with the fact that he's come out of games early, will kil anyone's stats. Even with all that, he's still getting 21 a game and is 2nd on the team in assists.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #245
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So wanting us to run plays for our best players is bad?

Not at all, but it becomes bad if you sacrifice the production of all other players for it.
The PnR with Chandler has been doing wonders, I would never want it to disappear just so Amar'e or Melo can be helped. Chandler, who is not a star, *needs* a good PnR to be productive offensively. Our stars don't - or shouldn't.

Quote:
This is coming from one of the biggest Gallinari fans on this board. Weren't you part of the annual "I have a feeling he's going to have a break out year" brigade?

Yes but what does that have to do with this issue? Gallo wasn't a star in his Knicks days. He, like other non-star players, needed a certain context in order to produce. (And by the way... too bad Gallo did have his breakout year, but not with our team).

Quote:
I don't get how I'm "overprotective" when, if you scroll back a few pages, I said I'm willing to trade Amare right about now.

For Amare, I was talking about your last post; and in general about Melo, you are c'mon you are you always give him a pass for not caring about D.

Quote:
As for Melo, the dude has been producing at a high level since he stepped foot in the NBA. At some point, somebody needs to take D'Antoni to task for ruining players and stop with the convenient "blame the star player" approach. We've been playing that card for years now and it hasn't worked.

Example: Marbury = 20 and 8 PG before the Knicks After..... well you know

Players don't get better under Mike. At the very most, their stats inflate for a year then the truth comes to light.

End of the day, Melo has been hampered by injury and a revolving door at pg. That,coupled with the fact that he's come out of games early, will kil anyone's stats. Even with all that, he's still getting 21 a game and is 2nd on the team in assists.

I'm not blaming Melo for his offensive game; I do think he's the most versatile scorer in the league! (offense-wise, I only blame Melo if he scores <50% of his average)

But I'm not willing to give him any passes for the lack of defensive effort.
There is not one single superstar in this league that doesn't work his ass off on both ends of the court when it's needed.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #246
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I hope so but I think he'll get owned by Bosh.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #247
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not at all, but it becomes bad if you sacrifice the production of all other players for it.
The PnR with Chandler has been doing wonders, I would never want it to disappear just so Amar'e or Melo can be helped. Chandler, who is not a star, *needs* a good PnR to be productive offensively. Our stars don't - or shouldn't

Theres 48 minutes in a game. Why can't you do both?

Quote:
Yes but what does that have to do with this issue? Gallo wasn't a star in his Knicks days. He, like other non-star players, needed a certain context in order to produce. (And by the way... too bad Gallo did have his breakout year, but not with our team).

Yea but you were saying he was going to become a star every year. And if this was his BREAKOUT year that I was supposed to be waiting for,I'm glad he's gone. His best year is still not on the level of Melo's worst. My point was that you're being hypocritical by accusing me of "overprotecting" our real stars who have had a subpar 1st half of a season YET you did the same for Gallo who had did the same for 3 years!

Quote:
For Amare, I was talking about your last post; and in general about Melo, you are c'mon you are you always give him a pass for not caring about D.
What I said about Amare was no different than what I said about Lin, Novak, Jordan, Brewer and Randolph. Before you give up on them completely, at least let's see what they can do when put in the best position to succeed.

Quote:
m not blaming Melo for his offensive game; I do think he's the most versatile scorer in the league! (offense-wise, I only blame Melo if he scores <50% of his average)

But I'm not willing to give him any passes for the lack of defensive effort.
There is not one single superstar in this league that doesn't work his ass off on both ends of the court when it's needed.

Are you saying that because of what you see on the court or based on actual production? I haven't seen Melo playing poorly on defense this year. Other than the Memphis game, he apears to be holding his own IMO. Im not saying he's Tony Allen on D. Maybe I'm mistaken but who exactly lit him up other than Rudy Gay?

He is also averaging a steal a game BTW
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #248
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Amare is playing like a man possessed! He said **** everybody
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #249
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare played better tonight. He wasn't getting enough touches though.

The only negative are his turnovers,he had 6.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #250
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Amare played better tonight. He wasn't getting enough touches though.

The only negative are his turnovers,he had 6.

We were too busy tryna force feed Lin. We completely shat on Amare. He came out the gate hungry and we ignored him in the 2nd half.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #251
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We were too busy tryna force feed Lin. We completely shat on Amare. He came out the gate hungry and we ignored him in the 2nd half.
This right here. Lin has no problem finding Tyson and Jeffries, but for some reason Amar'e is invisible to him. The coach needs to drill it into his head before STAT really stops caring.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #252
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You were half right. He looks plenty capable to me.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #253
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
You were half right. He looks plenty capable to me.

In the first half he did.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #254
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Like I said, you were half right. LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #255
Clutch
Stop flopping

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
@RonE_Coleman7: @alanhahn How Does Amare look? Any better yet? put in extra work postpractice. Seems to be looking to shed weight

Adam Zagoria ‏ @AdamZagoria
Amar'e said he had to take 6 months off after last season b/c of his back but is ready to have a big 2nd half. 'Stay tuned,'he said. #Knicks

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
@KillaBuddah: @alanhahn Amare trying to lose weight is HUGE news. I think the muscle he put on his slowing him down. agree

Alan Hahn ‏ @alanhahn
Both Amare and DAntoni spoke with confidence that Amare will get his pop back. Expecting a strong 2nd Half from him. #Knicks
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: