Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #256
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Exactly like I said. I was watching some games from last season, and Amar'e looks at least 15-20 pounds heavier now.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #257
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Exactly like I said. I was watching some games from last season, and Amar'e looks at least 15-20 pounds heavier now.
Amare said himself that he gained 20 lbs over the summer.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #258
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

That was stupid.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #259
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Too many excuses
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #260
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Amare said himself that he gained 20 lbs over the summer.

He was probably taking steroids instead of HGH. He should have been hanging with Wade and James, so he can learn to do it right.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #261
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...mtclHM Z579RO

Quote:
“It’s the lockout, man,” Stoudemire said. “The lockout really, it was to my favor to the point I had time to heal [my back]. But I didn’t have time to play basketball. I didn’t do any basketball at all. I played one game, that was in Miami, that charity game. That was the only time I played full-court basketball. The whole offseason was no up and down for me until I got here and played for training camp.”
Stoudemire said the problem is not fatigue or conditioning-related.
“It’s rhythm,” he said. “Whenever you’re away from the game for six months or so, that’s the longest I’ve ever been away from the game of basketball, as far as going up and down and playing. It was definitely a rhythm thing. Now I feel great.”
He added, “Every second half of the year, I’ve got a tendency to turn it up. Because you know how important it is after the All-Star break. Getting that momentum going into the postseason is always very, very key. You want to be playing at your best going into the postseason. It’s going to be an incredible second half of the year for me.”

Better watch out Rameek.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #262
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Gonna call BS
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #263
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I call BS as well.

It isn't conditioning, but he hasn't played a single game in 6 months? Check.

Every second half of the year he turns it up? Last year he admitted he got tired.

I recall the first post I made in this thread, I'm disappointed in Stat right now.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #264
Sarcastic

He said it's not conditioning. It's the rhythm. When you stop playing for a while, your skills become flat, which is what happened to him.

Last year also, he went from being #1 to #2 in the second half.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #265
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He said it's not conditioning. It's the rhythm. When you stop playing for a while, your skills become flat, which is what happened to him.

Last year also, he went from being #1 to #2 in the second half.

Lack of rhythm doesn't get your shot blocked repeatedly at the basket, nor does your jumper repeatedly draw back iron due to lack of rhythm.

Amar'e doesn't dunk as much, jumper is off, and his weakside defense has all took a nose dive.

Conditioning does affect these things though, and honestly that extra weight most likely is the problem.

I'm not saying he's out of shape or fat, but he is definitely hindered by it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #266
Sarcastic

O ye of little faith...
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #267
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
O ye of little faith...
Personally, I'd rather be wrong about him.

But even hinting he will turn it on like a switch, is disrespectful as a fan of the team.

It was already bad enough he asserted a few days ago he was "sacrificing" his game for the betterment of the team.

I'll admit, I'm completely down on Amar'e, but that's mainly because I see any positives in his game this season, not a single one.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #268
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not gonna take a stance either way but being in shape and being in basketball shape is two different things. If you've played ball competitively, you know what I mean.

When I fractured my hip I was in tremendous shape. I added about 15 lbs of muscle.My timing was off though because all I could do was swim all summer. I remember after that summer,it took me a month to re-master a reverse layup.The added weight + the time off + my back pain that worsened because I was on crutches meant i had to almost re-learn how to do certain things on the court.

Hopefully,this is the case with Amare. Only time will tell. His grace period is running out of time with me.
franchize is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #269
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Before the season Amare said he was ready and that he felt like a BEAST.

Not only that but since he got here he always talks about defense but he never even tried to play it.

So much about his credibility.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #270
Sarcastic

How a guy plays in the first half of the season is always exactly how he will play in the second half. This holds especially true for baseball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: