Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #271
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
How a guy plays in the first half of the season is always exactly how he will play in the second half. This holds especially true for baseball.
No one said with certainty that he won't play well in the 2nd half of the season.

I just said that I don't believe a word from him because those words never translate to his play.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #272
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
No one said with certainty that he won't play well in the 2nd half of the season.

I just said that I don't believe a word from him because those words never translate to his play.

Would you believe a word from him if he said "I will come out and play even worse than before"?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #273
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Would you believe a word from him if he said "I will come out and play even worse than before"?
No chance in hell he would ever say that.

He always talks about positive things,for example how they need to be more aggressive on defense and next game he's just standing,not even trying to stop someone from scoring.

If he ever said something like that I would thought he's just being honest
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #274
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Not gonna take a stance either way but being in shape and being in basketball shape is two different things. If you've played ball competitively, you know what I mean.

When I fractured my hip I was in tremendous shape. I added about 15 lbs of muscle.My timing was off though because all I could do was swim all summer. I remember after that summer,it took me a month to re-master a reverse layup.The added weight + the time off + my back pain that worsened because I was on crutches meant i had to almost re-learn how to do certain things on the court.

Hopefully,this is the case with Amare. Only time will tell. His grace period is running out of time with me.
I agree 100%. Dirk is/was having the same problem.

With that said he shouldnt have played took his time to get right. He is useless on the hardwood. If he cant score and doesnt play defense GTFOff the court till your ready.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #275
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I agree 100%. Dirk is/was having the same problem.

With that said he shouldnt have played took his time to get right. He is useless on the hardwood. If he cant score and doesnt play defense GTFOff the court till your ready.

Amare's problem was that he did not play enough basketball to get his rhythm, but now you want him to stop playing basketball till he is ready? That's a nice catch 22 you set up there.

He can't get on the court till he is ready to play. He can't get ready to play till he has been on the court.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #276
Clutch
Stop flopping

If Amare plays well until the end of the season I'll really do my best and make "Amare Stoudemire - BEAST" mix.

If he continues to play like this I'll make "Amare Stoudemire - Blocked under the rim" mix.

Make your choice Amare
Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #277
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Amare's problem was that he did not play enough basketball to get his rhythm, but now you want him to stop playing basketball till he is ready? That's a nice catch 22 you set up there.

He can't get on the court till he is ready to play. He can't get ready to play till he has been on the court.
Dirk took time off to get himself together. He isnt going to get better by stinking up the joint the way he's been. Get in the gym learn to play basketball and get your skills up.

Maybe you can get better by playing live games but most people practice in the gym get the moves right first.

I always prepared doing my T and batting cage work before I faced 92 mph fastballs... Maybe you dont you just play to get in shape dont think you can be any good that way.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #278
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Dirk took time off to get himself together. He isnt going to get better by stinking up the joint the way he's been. Get in the gym learn to play basketball and get your skills up.

Maybe you can get better by playing live games but most people practice in the gym get the moves right first.

I always prepared doing my T and batting cage work before I faced 92 mph fastballs... Maybe you dont you just play to get in shape dont think you can be any good that way.
Dirk has the luxury of a ring. If Amare took time off to get back to game shape without being hurt,he would b getting killed by the media. Cmon, we all know Dantoni is like a plantation slave owner. He always rushes guys back. Not to mention, Dolan aint lettin the 100 million dolla man just chill lol.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #279
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I don't care what Amar'e thinks the problem is. I know what I see when I wach this team play.

Tyson Chandler is in Amar'e way damn near every time Amar'e makes a move. The problem is the coaching staff and media is either too stupid to see it or too agenda-driven to acknowledge it.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #280
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't care what Amar'e thinks the problem is. I know what I see when I wach this team play.

Tyson Chandler is in Amar'e way damn near every time Amar'e makes a move. The problem is the coaching staff and media is either too stupid to see it or too agenda-driven to acknowledge it.
I agree with you on this, but why wasn't he in the way of Dirk last season?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #281
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

You mean the greatest jumpshooting big man of all time? One-of-the-three-best-shooters-in-the-league-right-now Dirk Nowitzki?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #282
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dirks does more on offense then shoot jumpers and threes.

He goes to the rim alot.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #283
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I agree with you on this, but why wasn't he in the way of Dirk last season?
Dirk's game isn't based on interior scoring the way Amar'e Stoudemire's is. Last season less than 15% of Nowitzki's offense came from interior scoring.

Also, Dallas used a 3 Out 2 In motion type offense when they went into free-lance play. When they went into that motion it appears as though Tyson Chandler's only rule within the system is run the baseline block to block but never be in the low post on Nowitzki's side of the floor.

Also when using Chandler and Nowitzki in the ballscreen game they never occupied the same area of the floor. Nowitzki would set side or "slot" screens and pop into the mid-post type area. Chandler would then set a high or slot screen if the original ball handler kicked the ball out after Nowitzki's screen. By having Nowitzki screen first you are establishing where you need Chandler to be for the rest of the possession.

If you watch the Knicks this season they do the EXACT opposite. Whether free-lance or set play the Knicks always have Chandler screen first and his first screen is almost always a side screen. If Amar'e is asked to screen on that possession you now have him rolling to the hoop with Chandler in the post.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #284
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dirk is primarily a jumpshooter. His attacking the basket is a product of defenders overcommitting in contesting his jumpshot.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #285
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King

It's true. But our goal isn't to make Amare an effective scorer. It's to build a championship team. A spread offense with Amare at the 5 is defensively-challenged. So Amare can either adjust to playing with Chandler by hitting that open midrange jumper or settle for a reduced role on offense.

What bothers me the most is that all players will struggle on offense from time to time. It's what they bring to the table besides that that proves their true value. However, Amare sucks at the game of basketball besides assisted scoring. Bad rebounder, terrible defender, bad passer, a turnover waiting to happen, etc.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: