Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #286
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

I just need this dude to build up his trade stock.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #287
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not just about his lift and his decline on offense.

HE DOESN'T EVEN TRY ON DEFENSE

He's an embarrassment for this franchise,I think Ewing and Oakley are on the verge of having a heart attack when watching Amare plays defense.

I didn't really like Amare even when he was putting up 25+ points with ease.
Now I'm starting to hate the guy.

And please don't even dare to mention Melo.
Melo tries on defense much more than Amare,there are times when he actually plays good defense.
Melo is like Rodman compared with Amare.

Trade Amare while we still can. This team isn't worse without him right now but it will surely be better long time without his awful contract.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #288
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gotta agree with Clutch. I'm not concerned with his offensive production. Melo, who I regard as the most complete scorer in the game, is struggling at times offensively. It's to be expected given the nature of this unorthodox schedule coupled with the fact that he was rehabbing most of the summer.

That being said, I simply can't endure his lack of effort. It pisses me off when people automatically lump him and Melo together. That's just based on listening to what other "experts" are saying and not actually watching the games yourself to formulate an opinion. If you watch the games you know... Melo plays D. Is he a terrific defender? No. Does he have lapses? Absolutely. But the effort has been there all year long. Amare however seems to not even care on D. Not on ball. Not help. Not pick and roll. He's completely uninterested in participating in any form or portion of the defensive end. Now I've defended him numerous times when I thought some of you were being too kneejerk. However, I pride myself on being honest and fair, even if it's harsh. Most of you who've been posting here for a while know I use the term "call a spade a spade". So I'm doing just that. Amare is a lazy MF. His defensive effort on a NIGHTLY basis is unacceptable!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #289
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I officially apologize Amar'e.

All you needed was a defensive minded coach.

knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #290
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I officially apologize Amar'e.

All you needed was a defensive minded coach.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #291
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watching Stat play under Mike Woodson, makes me hate Mike D'antoni even more.

All these years I just felt Amar'e just wasn't capable of playing defense.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #292
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

melo just needs to get his shooting together
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #293
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
melo just needs to get his shooting together
Yeah, but he's putting in work on the defensive end.

Considering he's never had to play this hard on that end, I can almost excuse his offense.

He's a max cat "decoy" right now which makes him a threat so that other can score.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #294
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would still like Amare to box out and play better D but I can tolerate the improved effort for now. Glad he is getting his shot and legs back.

As for Melo, as long as he is aggressive on both ends, I cant be too mad at the missed shots. Plenty of guys have had uncharacteristic slumps this year.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #295
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amare was fantastic last night. What impresses me the most is the fact that we played great defense even with both Jeffries and Tyson on the bench.

Amare's block on Brand was HUGE,I think that changed momentum and won the game for us. If Brand hit that one who knows what would have happened.

Amare
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #296
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I was on the trade amare bandwagon too, but im offering apologies to the man too, he is starting to look like amare of old
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #297
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

20/10 with basically one hand. He just needs the ball.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #298
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
20/10 with basically one hand. He just needs the ball.
He's a great player when he tries. It was obvious that today he gave a much better effort to redeem himself for the fire extinguisher incident.

He was finishing strong,rebounding and defending. Usually you don't see all that from him. He was trying to prove something.

I agree he needs to get more touches,especially with Melo being guarded well in this series. Amare should be able to abuse Bosh/Haslem/Anthony.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #299
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He's a great player when he tries. It was obvious that today he gave a much better effort to redeem himself for the fire extinguisher incident.

He was finishing strong,rebounding and defending. Usually you don't see all that from him. He was trying to prove something.

I agree he needs to get more touches,especially with Melo being guarded well in this series. Amare should be able to abuse Bosh/Haslem/Anthony.

This.

Mike Breen kept saying "He's efficient if he would just get the ball. He's been scoring all game." Dummy! He was in foul trouble. When he was in the game, him and Melo were playing well together IMO I think him and chandler have the tougher time blending if you ask me.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #300
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Melo can find Amar'e for scoring, but Amar'e has to do the other things while he waits for the ball, like setting good screens, moving without the ball and rebounding.

A damn shame he had to play with one hand to play like he should.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: