Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #31
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Can Amare please increase his rebounding to above 10 a game? That is one of my gripes about Amare. Rebounding.

Patrick Ewing's career stat for rebounds was 9.8 RPG.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #32
PassTheRock
I airball my layups

PassTheRock has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
but ewing in his prime was capable of 10+ rebounds for the season.
PassTheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But do you realize that Ewing had double digit rebound average for 9 years including the playoffs.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #34
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

He had 41 points the other night. But what the hell was up with him having only like 4 rebounds in the entire game? I'm sorry but this is not good. I am an Amare fan but he needs to jump up for them rebs! And I don't like it that he's left alone in the paint with 4 other Knicks standing outside the 3 point line. If the NYK get Melo I hope they get rid of Pringles and get a good coach who will have the Knicks play more effective defense.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm certain Amar'e had more than 4.

But he'd get more if he wasn't playing Center.

The majority of your elite PF get about 8-9 rebounds as well.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #36
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
But do you realize that Ewing had double digit rebound average for 9 years including the playoffs.

Yes I realize this. That's why I said Ewing averaged 9.8 RPG. lol
But, if we get Melo, he brings an average of over 8 RPG.
In general, ALL our players have to chip in and rebound more. For Christs sake, Nash had 8 rebounds the other day.

And a stat I saw the other day amazed me, Boston is close or dead last in rebound average per game.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #37
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with Mighty Whitey.Amare has got to step it up rebounding and defensively. That's been his biggest knock his entire career.I think it comes from poor technique and lack of boxing out.A guy who dominates the paint offensively should not have trouble rebounding.It certainly isn't because of strength or athleticism.I think it's poor technique.You have to box out.You can't expect to out jump and out muscle everyone.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
And a stat I saw the other day amazed me, Boston is close or dead last in rebound average per game.
I saw this on the NBA forum the other day.

An efficient shooting team naturally would be low on the offensive rebounding side.

Defensive rebounding is low, but it's only a 3 to 4 rebounding difference between top and bottom.

Look who hasn't been there....

Perk
JO
Shaq partly.

You got at least 10 rebounds that is inured.

But there pace and defense vastly makes up for it.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #39
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

I just hope they sweep Miami out of the playoffs. If they get to play each other at some point. I hate Boston, but I hate Miami more.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #40
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree with Mighty Whitey.Amare has got to step it up rebounding and defensively. That's been his biggest knock his entire career.I think it comes from poor technique and lack of boxing out.A guy who dominates the paint offensively should not have trouble rebounding.It certainly isn't because of strength or athleticism.I think it's poor technique.You have to box out.You can't expect to out jump and out muscle everyone.

OK, I agree with you guys. And another area where STAT could improve, to me, is when he blocks a shot, hit it to himself or a teammate if possible.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #41
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm certain Amar'e had more than 4.

But he'd get more if he wasn't playing Center.

The majority of your elite PF get about 8-9 rebounds as well.

You're right he didn't have 4 rebounds. He had 6 rebounds in their loss to the Suns - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=1727

MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #42
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up

JrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
You're right he didn't have 4 rebounds. He had 6 rebounds in their loss to the Suns - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=1727

yea true
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #43
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

I'm tired of Amar'e:

-calling for the ball 20-25 feet from the hoop
-coming off curl plays like a guard
-not knowing how to find the open man
-never spending any time in the paint on offense, ruining floor balance
-watching the ball come off the rim instead of trying to grab the rebound
-doubling off his man and never recovering, giving the opponent an open shot
-always chasing highlight blocks instead of playing sound, disciplined defense
-shooting jumpers
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #44
jebron-i
I hit open layups

jebron-i has decent reputationjebron-i has decent reputation

amare needs more help, hes wearing down
jebron-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #45
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that craigslist ad needs to become an ESPN commercial.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: