Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #106
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Problem is Amare's had Mike D'Antoni or his understudy Gentry for most of his career.The year they had Terry Porter,who actually stresses defense,he got fired because change didn't happen overnight.If we get a new,defensive minded coach,it needs to happen this summer.That way,when we go out chasin Paul or DWill or even Dwight,we'll only have one player tryna adjust instead of a whole team.
I agree, but really doubt D'antoni gets fired.

Unless the Knicks fail to make the playoffs..(unlikely)

A premier coach pops up (Phil), and Dolan pulls the rug out.

Those are the only ways he gets fired, and neither are likely to happen.

D'antoni has said quite a few times since the melo trade, he doesn't care about the seeding, only making the playoffs, because that's the only goal that was set.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #107
JJordan3315
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JJordan3315 has an OK reputation so far

So no one has been here since 2000-2003? I was an all star on this forum.
JJordan3315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #108
JJordan3315

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I agree, but really doubt D'antoni gets fired.

Unless the Knicks fail to make the playoffs..(unlikely)

A premier coach pops up (Phil), and Dolan pulls the rug out.

Those are the only ways he gets fired, and neither are likely to happen.

D'antoni has said quite a few times since the melo trade, he doesn't care about the seeding, only making the playoffs, because that's the only goal that was set.

The goal should be play well in the first round. And make it to the second round. If we play defense like we have a few times since the trade it could happen.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #109
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJordan3315
The goal should be play well in the first round. And make it to the second round. If we play defense like we have a few times since the trade it could happen.
This.

East is so weak that you must be really horrible not to make playoffs.

And I don't think we brought Amare and Melo just to be "not horrible".
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #110
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I fully agree, the goals should have changed.

I think they have with the players.

Our three don't think they are first round maids.

So a valiant effort should be present in every game they play before then, which hasn't happened overall yet.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #111
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mediocrity

me·di·oc·ri·ty   
[mee-dee-ok-ri-tee]
–noun, plural -ties.
1. the state or quality of being mediocre.
2. mediocre ability or accomplishment.
3. a mediocre person.

And looking to just make the Playoffs in the East is far worse than being mediocre, yet not bad enough to get a lottery pick. We need another coach, because right now this team is playing with the wrong attitude. We need a tough, grind it out, defensive minded coach who makes these players play harder.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #112
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
So no one has been here since 2000-2003? I was an all star on this forum.
I wasn't here on the old board.

I came on about a month after the switch in July 2006

Welcome back though.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #113
JJordan3315

Quote:
I wasn't here on the old board.

I came on about a month after the switch in July 2006

Welcome back though.
Thanks! Good to be back.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #114
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We support you, but take a real close look in the mirror.

#itsateamlossson
Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #115
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
We support you, but take a real close look in the mirror.

#itsateamlossson
I felt like quoting myself on this one.

#lookinthemirror
Old 04-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #116
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
MIKE SAYS AMARE HAS TO REBOUND: Here is D’Antoni’s take on Amare Stoudemire’s one-rebound performance against the Nets: "He knows he has to rebound," the coach said. "We'll get his legs back and he'll be fine. He knows that's one area where he has to get us consistently close to 10 rebounds. I'm sure he'll be the first one to admit that. We'll get him going, and the schedule now is a little more favorable."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-growing-pains
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #117
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Good.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #118
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...z7ZSWc6AWKI5FI

Amare needs this pitstop

On three separate occasions in the past week, while Carmelo Anthony has been surrounded by media holding court, Amar'e Stoudemire has slinked away without talking.

Stoudemire, showing a humble side, has given Melo a chance to take the spotlight and role of team spokesman. Which is fine.

But if Stoudemire does not find his dead legs in April, the Knicks are dead, too.

If the Knicks don't get the active, snarling Stoudemire on the defensive end the rest of the way, and if he does not become more ambitious late in games offensively, the undersized Knicks are going quietly in the first round, especially if the opponent is Kevin Garnett's Celtics.

The 6-foot-10 Stoudemire hauled in just one rebound in 31 minutes in the Knicks' mixed-bag win over the Nets on Wednesday. Stoudemire has admitted to being banged up, worn down from the grind of March.

Winners of two straight after that 1-9 collapse, the Knicks don't resume until Sunday, when the league-worst Cavaliers come to the Garden, brandishing a 3-0 record against the Knicks. Two of Cleveland's wins have occurred since the Carmelo trade nearly six weeks ago. The Knicks' magic number is three games, pending last night's Charlotte result.

The new Knicks, Anthony and Chauncey Billups, may have found themselves. Melo is on a scoring frenzy (36, 39, 39 points) and Billups is regaining strength in his thigh.

Stoudemire looks beat down and invisible in fourth quarters, during which he's shot 14 of 36 (38.9 percent) in the past seven.

"It has maybe been the toughest month I have ever played in my career," Stoudemire said. "So many games. So many back to backs and the makeup game [for the asbestos game, Monday]. It was very, very tough. On top of that, we were trying to get used to our new teammates. Glad this month is over. Now we got to make a playoff push."

Eighteen games in March did not do Stoudemire's body well. He has not experienced any serious knee trouble this season, but he's experienced a lingering shoulder injury, a stinger in his neck, calf issues and ankle problems.

Stoudemire had microfracture surgery on his right knee in 2005 -- the reason his $100 million contract is not insured against a career-ending injury, and why the Suns passed on re-signing him for five years.

With three days off until their next game -- the Knicks did not practice yesterday -- the coaching staff hopes Stoudemire, who's averaging 25.5 points and 8.3 rebounds, will come back freshened. He was constantly pushed out of the way for rebounds vs. the Nets, who battered the Knicks on the boards.

"He knows he has to rebound," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We'll get his legs back and he'll be fine. He knows that's one area where he has to get us consistently close to 10 rebounds. I'm sure he'll be the first one to admit that. We'll get him going, and the schedule now is a little more favorable."

The Knicks' center position is a revolving disaster, as D'Antoni has used Jared Jeffries, hobbled Ronny Turiaf, small forward Shawne Williams and, in the latest move, 6-9 Shelden Williams, the Denver throw-in who actually looks most rugged and capable.

Stoudemire played his share of center earlier in the season, something he does not endorse. He's averaging a career-high in minutes (37), compared to his career average of 34.

Stoudemire's fatigue also could be attributed to the whirlwind of off-court activities -- two Letterman appearances, one George Lopez spot, a Vogue layout in the current issue, countless Page Six mentions with links to Ciara and Amber Rose.

In candid remarks to The Post Sunday, team president Donnie Walsh admitted he hasn't helped Stoudemire's cause by giving him a beastly center to work off of.

"What I see is, I still got to get players to put around him to help him," Walsh said. "He can do what he can do great, but we've asked him to do what's beyond him. I know what I have to add to this team. We need bigger people on the team. We need more of them."

That can't come until the offseason. Stoudemire's mantra is "New York is back." Now it's time, to get his own legs back.

marc.berman@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...xzz1I ICtW8bC
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #119
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Make STAT drink Red Bulls before every game....problem solved.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #120
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6284488

Quote:
"I can give him a little of the spotlight and take some of the lights off of me," the All-Star said.

@ all the people who think Amar'e is upset that Carmelo is on the team.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: