Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #121
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6284488

@ all the people who think Amar'e is upset that Carmelo is on the team.
I wouldn't say he is upset, because that would be dumb.

His action speak louder than any "report".

When Melo first got here Amar'e sulked hard when Melo go the attention and the shots.

But I don't think Amar'e endorsed this trade at all.

He liked the other group better, and when he made mention that players need to "buy in" to D'antoni's ofense, I was fully glad the players were like "screw that shit, let's rock".

They run nothing close to what D'antoni normally does.

Even Melo's words during their last win, where he said "they threw out the x's and o's and just played ball."

It didn't take long, but this is Melo's team.

And even Melo isn't the vocal leader, Chauncey is.

They will go as far as Melo takes them.

Amar'e needs to be resting right now, we got a playoff push going on.

Enough with that "i'm tired" shit.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #122
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I wouldn't say he is upset, because that would be dumb.

His action speak louder than any "report".

When Melo first got here Amar'e sulked hard when Melo go the attention and the shots.

But I don't think Amar'e endorsed this trade at all.

He liked the other group better, and when he made mention that players need to "buy in" to D'antoni's ofense, I was fully glad the players were like "screw that shit, let's rock".

They run nothing close to what D'antoni normally does.

Even Melo's words during their last win, where he said "they threw out the x's and o's and just played ball."

It didn't take long, but this is Melo's team.

And even Melo isn't the vocal leader, Chauncey is.

They will go as far as Melo takes them.

Amar'e needs to be resting right now, we got a playoff push going on.

Enough with that "i'm tired" shit.

I could see why he's tired tho. He's carried this team on his back all season long, while the rest of the players were very unconsistent he brought it night in and night out. Even though this is Melo's team, I still appreciate what Amar'e has done. He was the first piece to the puzzle, the one who bought into ($100 mill, no pun intended) Donnie's plan. I agree that he needs rest, he's best when he's explosive.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #123
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do you think that D'Antoni will rest Stoudemire when we clinch a playoff spot ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #124
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Do you think that D'Antoni will rest Stoudemire when we clinch a playoff spot ?
Probably won't shut him down completely, but I can see 15 minutes a game.

Same with Chauncey.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #125
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Probably won't shut him down completely, but I can see 15 minutes a game.

Same with Chauncey.
We need well rested Stoudemire.

Even fresh Stoudemire isn't a good defender,tired Stoudemire is even worse on defense and can't do shit on offense
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #126
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
We need well rested Stoudemire.

Even fresh Stoudemire isn't a good defender,tired Stoudemire is even worse on defense and can't do shit on offense
True, but you don't want a rusty one either.

He needs to play, for the cohesion purposes only.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #127
knick32
Can barely lace up my sneakers

knick32 has an OK reputation so far

My take on tonight's game....

After Billups left the game, Douglas did not seem to take charge of the team. At times, he let other players bring the ball upcourt and when he did handle the ball, he excessively dribbled, and is responsible for the team suffering multiple shot clock violations. He must become better at running the team., or Anthony Carter should be inserted ito the point guard slot with Douglas as the SG.

This was an important win, mostly because the Knicks proved to themselves that they could handle adversity, fall apart, and put themselves back together again in a matter of moments. It bodes well for the playoffs, as long as the injuries prove to be minor. Mentally, they can gain strength and confidence from this game, and be able to call upon this memory in tough times ahead, most likely vs. Miami or Orlando in the playoffs.

As I wrote in my third quarter breakdown, my favorite moment of the game came after the Billups injury (no disrespect to Chauncey), when Walt "Clyde" Frazier said, "I slept with many ice bags during my career".

I always admired Clyde for his prowess on and off the court, and was sorry to hear that.

But it was funny as hell...

Clyde did explain that for 48 hours after this type of injury, you need ice on the wound. Hopefully, Chauncey won't sleep with an ice bag though.

http://saynotocarmelo.blogspot.com/

Last edited by knick32 : 04-06-2011 at 11:25 PM.
knick32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #128
Clutch
NBA Legend

alanhahn Alan Hahn
RT @meanbarb: @Alanhahn Amar'e Stoudemire is out again tomorrow in Indy. #KNicks

alanhahn Alan Hahn
RT @meanbarb: @alanhahn Stoudemire said he will return either Tuesday against Bulls, or Wednesday against Boston. #Knicks
Old 04-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #129
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

get amare all the rest he needs, we need him up and runing in the playoffs
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #130
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

my new avatar. my beautiful wife
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #131
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amare out tonight
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #132
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
amare out tonight
I guess he will be out against Celtics too.

Maybe that's not a such bad thing but I'm worried.
Maybe his injury is worse than we thought.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #133
bluechox2
#knickstape

i hope not but he seemed to look ok filming that new video for the knicks intro.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #134
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i hope not but he seemed to look ok filming that new video for the knicks intro.
Btw,where did you find out that Amare is out tonight ?

Link ?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #135
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Btw,where did you find out that Amare is out tonight ?

Link ?
Alan Hahn's twitter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: