Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default T-Wolves daily for Dec. 1: About to face the Nuggets

Tonight's Game
Minnesota vs. Denver Nuggets
Target Center -- 7:00 p.m.
Kevin Garnett and the rest of the Wolves go head-to-head tonight against the Denver Nuggets and Carmelo Anthony, who was named NBA's Western Conference Player of the Week for the last week, Nov. 20- Nov. 26.

Although Denver took last year's four-game set, the Wolves sit 21-16 at home after taking the Nuggets down in their first outing this season.

Tonight's Broadcast

Catch tonight's 7:00 p.m. game against the Nuggets on FSN North and the radio home of the Wolves, BOB 106 (106.1 FM).

Next Up
Minnesota vs. Philadelphia 76ers
Sunday, Dec. 3 5:00 p.m. -- Wachovia Center
The Timberwolves and the Sixers meet for the first time this season on Sunday as Minnesota will play to take back the series after going 0-2 last season; prior to the 2005-06 season, Philly hadn't won the series since the 1992-93. The Wolves have won 11 of the last 19 meetings overall, including four of the last eight on the road.

In their last meeting, Jan. 22, 2006, Allen Iverson's 26 points in the second half coupled with Andre Iguodala's buzzer-beater sealed the deal for the Sixers. The 86-84 win marked their first road win against the Wolves since Nov. 9, 2000.

Randy's Return
Rookie guard Randy Foye returns to Philly for his NBA debut in his collegiate hometown after being drafted seventh out of Villanova. Foye played all four years for the Wildcats, his senior year averaging 20.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. He has been a positive first-year addition to the Wolves squad, scoring in double figures the past three games and tallying 43 points; 34 of those were made in final 12 minutes, making him a force to be reckoned with in the fourth.

KG Sets the Pace

Last Monday's outing against the Mavs in Dallas marked this second time this season Kevin Garnett has paced the Wolves across the board, leading the team in points, rebounds, assists and steals. He managed to put up 19 points, grab 12 boards, dish for 3 assists and snag 3 steals in the Wolves 93-87 loss.

Sunday's Broadcast

Catch Sunday's 5:00 p.m. game against the 76ers on KSTC-TV Channel 45 and the radio home of the Wolves, BOB 106 (106.1 FM).
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

We need to start Foye and have Casey design plays around KG and Foye specifically. Maybe spread the floor and keep the screens coming for Foye. We really need Davis to step up during the middle of the game. He's really letting us down. Sometimes I don't think he can handle the amount of minutes that we give him. Maybe they should start playing reed at SF every now and then just to give Ricky a rest. Foye could play all game long and never get tired, ****...when he's sweating his ass off he plays a lot better than when he's fresh. I like what we have here, but I'm afraid Davis is too inconsistent along with T-hud. We only really need 2 consistent players to make a run for the playoffs. Blount has been a blessing lately. Craig Smith should get the ball more offensively when KG is out of the game. I love that little hook shot he has and the speed of the big man is great, just wish he would finish some of those hammer dunks he's been missing. He will learn though.

We have a very special team, we just need some players to step up. Guys aren't fitting in like they're suppose to. And Ricky should just give up on the 3-ball. Ricky doesn't fit in and Hud turns the ball over too much, James doesn't take shots often enough and KG is doing everything he can like usual.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
We need to start Foye and have Casey design plays around KG and Foye specifically. Maybe spread the floor and keep the screens coming for Foye. We really need Davis to step up during the middle of the game. He's really letting us down. Sometimes I don't think he can handle the amount of minutes that we give him. Maybe they should start playing reed at SF every now and then just to give Ricky a rest. Foye could play all game long and never get tired, ****...when he's sweating his ass off he plays a lot better than when he's fresh. I like what we have here, but I'm afraid Davis is too inconsistent along with T-hud. We only really need 2 consistent players to make a run for the playoffs. Blount has been a blessing lately. Craig Smith should get the ball more offensively when KG is out of the game. I love that little hook shot he has and the speed of the big man is great, just wish he would finish some of those hammer dunks he's been missing. He will learn though.

We have a very special team, we just need some players to step up. Guys aren't fitting in like they're suppose to. And Ricky should just give up on the 3-ball. Ricky doesn't fit in and Hud turns the ball over too much, James doesn't take shots often enough and KG is doing everything he can like usual.

I am with you on this one, great post.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

i'm going to the game...and i get to sit in a suite.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlespyda
i'm going to the game...and i get to sit in a suite.
You lucky, bum!!! Have fun....lol!! 3rd qt, Denver up 68-57. Come on, Timberwolves!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

we suck
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
we suck

Now, now. It is not that bad...lol. We just have to find the right pieces for this puzzle. I say we get rid of the coach. Find Rick Adelman. Hire him and go from there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: