Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Bumpgate? LeBron brushes past coach Spo after the game

USA Today

Did LeBron James deliberately bump Heat coach Erik Spoelstra?

Did a frustrated LeBron James go out of his way to bump Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra during the Heat's loss to Dallas Mavericks Saturday night?

Or did a ticked-off Spoelstra deliberately try to walk through the King -- sending a message both to his unhappy superstar and disappointing 9-8 team?
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...a-miami-heat/1
    You be the judge. Check out this video via the Palm Beach Post of the two Alpha Males butting heads during a timeout in the Heat's 106-95 loss in Dallas.

The third quarter incident happens after another defensive breakdown by the Heat. Spoelstra comes on to the court. James walks toward the bench. Neither man tries to avoid the other. They bump. Hard.

Maybe it's a deliberate push by one, the other, or both. Or maybe they're both so frustrated they're not paying attention. Either way, the Heat called a players-only meeting after the loss.

It's not the first time the King has bumped his coach either accidentally or deliberately. ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst tweeted he banged into Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown during a lopsided loss to the New York Knicks in 2007.

Things are heating up in South Beach,. But not the way LeBron & Co. thought they would. After the loss, the Heat held a player's-only meeting.

shhhhhhh

ChrisMannixSI

Lot of execs still doubt Riley would bump Spo this year. "I tried to hire him a few years ago," said East exec. "Pat told me to back off."
    about 1 hour ago via web
    Retweeted by latmedina and 4 others

NBA sixth man of the year

Riley won't step in this season. He only steps in when he feels he has a legit roster that's good enough to win a championship.

In addition to the Van Gundy thing, Riley is the same guy that hired a new coach after Wade went out with that injury just so he could avoid adding losses to his career record.

If you thought Lebron had an ego, Riley's may be on a whole other level.

I also don't think Spo getting fired will help Wade. He's been on the record saying Spo was his favorite coach and has always supported him even through today.

I am by no means a LeBron homer or troll but I really think this is an accident.Look at his hand at the end, looks like he tried to go for the manly "I'm in a hurry but here is the I'm sorry, no look back pat"

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I am by no means a LeBron homer or troll but I really think this is an accident.Look at his hand at the end, looks like he tried to go for the manly "I'm in a hurry but here is the I'm sorry, no look back pat"
    i agree with this... i never thought it was intentional..

wasn't he (lebron) barking at a ref when this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i agree with this... i never thought it was intentional..

wasn't he (lebron) barking at a ref when this happened?
    i saw no referee anywhere in that video. it seemed really intentional, and he had plenty of space and plenty of time to see spo coming.

that combined with the fact it happened during a losing stretch and has happened with a different coach make me pretty sure it was intentional

Learning to shoot layups Knickerlem's Avatar

and then people wonder why so much hate for Lebron

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    i saw no referee anywhere in that video. it seemed really intentional, and he had plenty of space and plenty of time to see spo coming.

that combined with the fact it happened during a losing stretch and has happened with a different coach make me pretty sure it was intentional
    there's a longer version that was on sportscenter, lebron was barking at someone across the court when the heat called a time out, maybe not the ref, maybe one of his guys for blowing an assignment but somebody across the court near the sideline after dirk scored..

that's beside the point though, i still think too much is being made of it, you could just as easily be saying spo ran into lebron since he made as much effort to avoid lebron as people are saying lebron did to avoid spo. and as pointed out you can clearly see lebron reaching behind him to pat spo after the contact

you know i'm no lebron fan but i think this is more a case of people seeing what they want to see than what was actually going on.

people have alot invested in lebron failing and as such will jump on anything no matter how small or trite to keep him down...

there's a longer version that was on sportscenter, lebron was barking at someone across the court when the heat called a time out, maybe not the ref, maybe one of his guys for blowing an assignment but somebody across the court near the sideline after dirk scored..

that's beside the point though, i still think too much is being made of it, you could just as easily be saying spo ran into lebron since he made as much effort to avoid lebron as people are saying lebron did to avoid spo. and as pointed out you can clearly see lebron reaching behind him to pat spo after the contact

you know i'm no lebron fan but i think this is more a case of people seeing what they want to see than what was actually going on.

people have alot invested in lebron failing and as such will jump on anything no matter how small or trite to keep him down...
    i'm not denying i'll jump on anything that corroborates my view of him as spoiled and unwilling to admit a need for work.

and spo could have avoided lebron, that's true too. but the point from lebron's perspective is still not good

Shit just got real. That clearly seems intentional. You can see him putting his hands back(Right arm) to prevent him from falling. Poor coach, it isn't all to put the blame on him. Miami fans need to relax.. he's trying, it's the players who are taking the shots on the court not him, they need strict discipline though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

ChrisMannixSI

Lot of execs still doubt Riley would bump Spo this year. "I tried to hire him a few years ago," said East exec. "Pat told me to back off."
    about 1 hour ago via web
    honestly, this means nothing... riley will do what he wants if he feels necessary, no matter what comments or tweets are out there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

i vote for a passive aggressive event... either by bron himself or both... but definitely not "unintentional." there was absolutely no effort to adjust once contact was made.. and don't tell me bron can't do that.. we've seen him do that when he lays the ball in.... lol

Decent college freshman

there ain't nothing about that bump that's not unintentional.
    Last edited by KG5MVP; 11-28-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    you mean tha's intentional / deliberate and nothing wrong about it?
    i am trying to use quadriple negatives in a sentence

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

ChrisMannixSI

about 1 hour ago via web
    dayum. even riley has the other execs by the balls.