Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Lets talk about how Terrence jones >>> Harrison Barnes

To me it seems like they have the same skill set but Terrence jones game is more refined than Barnes'.. what do you guys think ?
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: Lets talk about how Terrence jones >>> Harrison Barnes

I think it's too early to make such proclamations, but I don't see them as having similar skillsets. Jones is more of a face-up 4, while Barnes is a true wing player. Obviously Jones has played better so far but it's ridiculously early.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
parkespapa
I airball my layups

parkespapa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
it's ridiculously early.

No kidding
parkespapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly
To me it seems like they have the same skill set but Terrence jones game is more refined than Barnes'.. what do you guys think ?

well you are wrong my friend. Harrison Barnes isn't the athlete Terrence Jones is. He is a much better shooter (judging from high school) than Terrence Jones but his IQ and defensive ability is what separates Barnes from Jones. I would argue Jones has a higher ceiling.
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
crazybob60
Can barely lace up my sneakers

crazybob60 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
well you are wrong my friend. Harrison Barnes isn't the athlete Terrence Jones is. He is a much better shooter (judging from high school) than Terrence Jones but his IQ and defensive ability is what separates Barnes from Jones. I would argue Jones has a higher ceiling.

I totally agree, and the way that Jones handles the ball for as big as he is, simply astonishes me!!!!!
crazybob60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was surprised by Jones' handles in that Washington game. He's got some serious skill with the ball.

Kentucky relies too heavily on him and Knight tho. Maybe other stars will arise for them but so far they are a 2 man show.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
bwg52
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bwg52 has an OK reputation so far

Lets not because he doesn't
bwg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: