Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #61
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is the running back position the deepest It's ever been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's because you'd want to sabotage us. You'd probably push for Grossman to be the starter, make Carlos Rogers switch to WR, trade Cooley and Davis away, and bring back Galloway, Willie Parker and Larry Johnson.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #62
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, I'm glad you're not in the FO of my team. We've already made enough screw ups and don't need some overrated RB who won't help to win any games.

Excusing Jackson's low YPC on his line? The Redskins line sucks, but an unknown Torain had no problems getting 4.3 and a hobbled Portis still managed 4.2.

Jail, I wasn't referring to you. The OP stated he's only watched seriously for a year and a half. I'm wondering why he thinks so highly of Jackson since he's only really followed for such a short period of time. I guess I'll be in the minority on this one. I just don't see what others see. If he's as good as people say, then where are the numbers and where are the wins? All I see are excuses. He's only made the Pro Bowl twice, so I guess I'm not the only one that's not so high on him.

Seriously as in obsessed with the game. It's not like I was completely befuddled by football prior. I had an extensive knowledge and primarily only wanted the Patriots. Now I'm a fan of the league in general.

You'd have to be an idiot not to recognize Steven Jackson as an incredibly talented back. I'm giving him his due.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #63
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think anyone mentioned Lesean McCoy yet either. Fast, elusive, great receiver, and fantastic vision. Another young back that has a very bright future.

And there is still Jon Stewart, Ryan Matthews, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells who could/should have good careers.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 12-02-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #64
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Seriously as in obsessed with the game. It's not like I was completely befuddled by football prior. I had an extensive knowledge and primarily only wanted the Patriots. Now I'm a fan of the league in general.

You'd have to be an idiot not to recognize Steven Jackson as an incredibly talented back. I'm giving him his due.

You're giving him too much due especially considering this season. I've heard people hype him up for years and yet I've failed to see the greatness outside of 1 year. I've watched Rams RBs like Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk. That was real greatness. The Rams were one of my favorite franchises outside of the Redskins, but then Martz...

And, no, this isn't the deepest it's ever been. Though, maybe I'm just partial to the '80s.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #65
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I don't think anyone mentioned Lesean McCoy yet either. Fast, elusive, great receiver, and fantastic vision. Another young back that has a very bright future.

And there is still Jon Stewart, Ryan Matthews, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells who could/should have good careers.
I've been paying decent attention to beanie, even a bit in college...

one way or another he ends up on my fantasy teams, I don't know how...

anyway, I am fairly certain he is never going to amount to anything that great now...his constant stiff arm style doesn't work in the NFL and he always fumbles...

the only reason he even gets the ball now is cause Hightower is also a crappy fumble machine...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #66
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Going into that '09 draft we all knew we were drafting Westbrook's replacement but a lot of the talk was on how our staff was in love with Knowshon Moreno and how we could also take Beanie, Donald Brown, or McCoy.

Really happy we got Shady and even happier we didn't take Donald Brown.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #67
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I've been paying decent attention to beanie, even a bit in college...

one way or another he ends up on my fantasy teams, I don't know how...

anyway, I am fairly certain he is never going to amount to anything that great now...his constant stiff arm style doesn't work in the NFL and he always fumbles...

the only reason he even gets the ball now is cause Hightower is also a crappy fumble machine...

Yeah, Beanie does seem like the type that will never break out like everyone thinks he will. He's got the talent and time to work on his running style and fumbling tho.

Oh and I gotta mention Fred Jackson. He's so solid but no one gives a shit about him because his style isn't flashy and he plays for Buffalo.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just wished Shady had that 2nd gear. He lacks that. He's been caught from behind too many times. Still a nice productive RB, I just dont think he'll ever be elite.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: