Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Heat Want Corey:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/16136969.htm

Quote:
TRADE RUMOR

The Heat has been in contact with the Los Angeles Clippers about a possible trade for swingman Corey Maggette, according to a league source. The Clippers forward has been on the trading block since last season, and the Heat has players that are in a similar salary range to Maggette, including James Posey and Antoine Walker.

Maggette is under contract through next season with a player option for the 2008-09 season.

James and Wright or Simien along with a future 2nd for Maggette I'd consider, but straight up, I would be shaky on it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

clipps should try to get kapono. clippers might have to add a first rounder but if the clipps could get kapono watchout nba.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Unless you can put someone like Antionne Walker in the deal, which the Heat would love to get rid of, I don't think you are getting enough in return. Although, I don't know if Walker would be happy going to another place where he would be a role player coming in off the bench.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Unless you can put someone like Antionne Walker in the deal, which the Heat would love to get rid of, I don't think you are getting enough in return. Although, I don't know if Walker would be happy going to another place where he would be a role player coming in off the bench.

That post just ****ing cracked me up. Why would the Clippers want to touch Antoine Walker? Unless Wright and/or Simien are involved with Posey, Heat can kiss my white ass.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:44 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

posey and doleac would probably do it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:44 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Dorrell Wright, Jason Kapono, James Posey, 2 1st rounders, for Maggette, Korolev, Daniel Ewing. Deal.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That post just ****ing cracked me up. Why would the Clippers want to touch Antoine Walker? Unless Wright and/or Simien are involved with Posey, Heat can kiss my white ass.

I know the Clippers don't want Walker. I don't see why they want any of those players from the Heat because it isn't equal value for Maggette. I originally said Walker wouldn't want to be in a place where he would be a role player again (which means the Clippers just don't need him). Maybe read before cracking up at posts, especially when we share the same opinion. The only decent player the Heat have as trade bait is Walker. He doesn't work on pretty much any team in the NBA except for the Celetics. Simien, Posey, etc etc aren't as good as Maggette.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I know the Clippers don't want Walker. I don't see why they want any of those players from the Heat because it isn't equal value for Maggette. I originally said Walker wouldn't want to be in a place where he would be a role player again (which means the Clippers just don't need him). Maybe read before cracking up at posts, especially when we share the same opinion. The only decent player the Heat have as trade bait is Walker. He doesn't work on pretty much any team in the NBA except for the Celetics. Simien, Posey, etc etc aren't as good as Maggette.

You said unless Walker is in the deal, Clippers don't get enough which = trade for Walker.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Dorrell Wright, Jason Kapono, James Posey, 2 1st rounders, for Maggette, Korolev, Daniel Ewing. Deal.

That's asking too much IMO. Wright + Posey + 2nd for Maggette + Ewing = Done Deal.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

I guess my question is would Clipper fans really want those players for Maggette? I would think any trade scenario with the Heat and you guys lose because those players simply aren't as good.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

heat don't need cory, they need a heart... the clips would be foolish to trade cory, he is willingly a sixth man and the heat have nothing that would replace what cory brings to the clips...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
ROCKETQUEEN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ROCKETQUEEN has an OK reputation so far

id be sad if we lost Maggette
ROCKETQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Any other takers for Corey? Tonight is a prime example why Corey does not start.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

I think now that AI said he wanted to be traded the 76ers may be interested although I don't think there would be enough room on the Clips with Cassell and Livingston.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: