Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Interesting question

So I think most of us agree Mike D'Antoni needs to go.However,I was scratching my head trying to figure out who is available and would be a replacement.So far,I have to admit,I have nothing.

Any suggestions?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation
Default Re: Interesting question

Mike Brown..but the question will be if the knicks keep winning, will this even be a question?
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ettore Messina
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jeff Van Gundy
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wasnt even a fan of Jeff when he was here initially.Now he seems to like broadcasting too much and probably is too out of tune with the X's and O's @ this point.

What about Sam Mitchell.He's known for coaching horrible teams into looking decent and then getting wrongfully canned.I like what he did with the Raptors when he was there.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I wasnt even a fan of Jeff when he was here initially.Now he seems to like broadcasting too much and probably is too out of tune with the X's and O's @ this point.

What about Sam Mitchell.He's known for coaching horrible teams into looking decent and then getting wrongfully canned.I like what he did with the Raptors when he was there.

How was their defense?

Exactly.

There aren't any coaches available right now who I'd take over D'Antoni. Everyone has a job. I would have liked Avery Johnson but that's not possible either.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Look who was on the team tho.I dont think that was fair.Besides,he was coach of the year and they won the division once.I'd say he did a pretty good job.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

This team isn't built for the half-court. Walsh brought in players for D'Antoni. We'll be 10 times worse if we played slower. We just need a defensive coordinator or something as an assistant coach. Time to dump Herb.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Why fire D'Antoni? Just hire a good defensive coordinator. Hell, give Ewing a shot.*

*Preferably in a deal that also somehow gets us Dwight Howard.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Why fire D'Antoni? Just hire a good defensive coordinator. Hell, give Ewing a shot.*

*Preferably in a deal that also somehow gets us Dwight Howard.

Amar'e and Dwight frontcourt
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Basketball doesn't work like that.Part of having a sound defense is having a responsible offense.Not only do we take shots way too fast,we shoot too many 3's which leads to long rebounds...which o by the way,D'Antoni is not concerned with coaching either.

Also,I'm not sure Walsh brought in people that specifically fit into D'Antoni's system.I think his philosophy was to clear cap and simultaneously try to get some young talent in the deals if he could.I don't think he had any rhyme or reason for who he got which is why we're stockpiled @ the wing positions now.Not saying that is bad though.We are rebuilding so any young talent @ any position will do.That being said,the only guys who seem tailor made to fit our system are Gallo and Rautins.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Basketball doesn't work like that.Part of having a sound defense is having a responsible offense.Not only do we take shots way too fast,we shoot too many 3's which leads to long rebounds...which o by the way,D'Antoni is not concerned with coaching either.

Also,I'm not sure Walsh brought in people that specifically fit into D'Antoni's system.I think his philosophy was to clear cap and simultaneously try to get some young talent in the deals if he could.I don't think he had any rhyme or reason for who he got which is why we're stockpiled @ the wing positions now.Not saying that is bad though.We are rebuilding so any young talent @ any position will do.That being said,the only guys who seem tailor made to fit our system are Gallo and Rautins.
Part of the reason we take quick shots is to speed the game up and get shots before the opposing team's defense is set. Because let's face it, until that game in NJ, we couldn't score in the halfcourt. But hopefully, Felton will continue this pick-and-roll brilliance for the rest of the season. But I do agree and have said myself that a good responsible offense helps your defense. That's why I blamed the PG for some of our defensive woes because it's his job to run a responsible and efficient offense. But like I said, that NJ game was the first I've seen Felton run the offense properly. Now he's shown he can do it. Let's hope he can keep it up. Cause I said it all summer, our team's success is heavily dependent on how Felton runs the offense.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: