Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Devin Harris not badly hurt. A left knee strain

New Jersey Nets guard Devin Harris has been diagnosed with a left knee strain following an MRI performed today, December 1. Harris will miss the Nets next two games, Wednesday night versus Oklahoma City and Friday night at Charlotte, after which time he will be re-evaluated. The injury occurred in the third quarter of Tuesday night’s contest at New York.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6880#ixzz16syN0il2
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Default Re: Devin Harris not badly hurt. A left knee strain

Harris getting hurt at all is a huge blow. This makes our already bad bench even worse. Bring back T-Will...He has been disciplined enough... Lets worry about the teams record, Avery...
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

harris is fragile and is bound to keep getting hurt as long as he starts.

i said this from day one of the harris-deal , but who has ever listened to me on ISH?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
harris is fragile and is bound to keep getting hurt as long as he starts.

i said this from day one of the harris-deal , but who has ever listened to me on ISH?
Me

Its only 2 games. I didnt see the injury but from what I heard it looked bad and could have been a lot worse.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

haha... thanks, MT.

actually, don't you think that harris has held up better recently than is 'normal' for him?

i must say, one of the most pleasant surprises for me this season is how he's had to spend more energy on defense (naturally, since that's how AJ demands that he play) but has actually become more effective on offense than last season... i *think*.

actually i haven't compared the numbers, but it seems like he and lopes are the two reliable scorers. (not counting brook's early-season slump, of course)

you know, i might have to actually -watch- the games this season. the team has been more interesting (and successful) than i suspected they would. AJ has proven me wrong about him, and it appears that he learned from dallas, the perils of being a control-freak.

also, i can't wait to see how the team performs when t-will gets back and becomes fully-integrated into the offense.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
haha... thanks, MT.

actually, don't you think that harris has held up better recently than is 'normal' for him?

i must say, one of the most pleasant surprises for me this season is how he's had to spend more energy on defense (naturally, since that's how AJ demands that he play) but has actually become more effective on offense than last season... i *think*.

actually i haven't compared the numbers, but it seems like he and lopes are the two reliable scorers. (not counting brook's early-season slump, of course)

you know, i might have to actually -watch- the games this season. the team has been more interesting (and successful) than i suspected they would. AJ has proven me wrong about him, and it appears that he learned from dallas, the perils of being a control-freak.

also, i can't wait to see how the team performs when t-will gets back and becomes fully-integrated into the offense.

I do. Probably because of the extra muscle he put on this summer. He lost some of his speed he had when he first got here but I'd take it if it means hes gonna be more durable. I think Devins doing a great job of being the leader of this team though. Hes also been the most consistent player we've had this season.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I do. Probably because of the extra muscle he put on this summer. He lost some of his speed he had when he first got here but I'd take it if it means hes gonna be more durable. I think Devins doing a great job of being the leader of this team though. Hes also been the most consistent player we've had this season.
palabra. :)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: