Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #31
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP has decent reputationLBJMVP has decent reputation
Default Re: Dragon Ball Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Couldn't somebody repeatedly ki blast Super 17 and make him the strongest character in the series?

yup. he was killing super saiyan 4 goku...
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #32
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dragon Ball GT doesn't count. Actually, nothing after the Saiyan Saga really counts either. Vegeta was the final, and most powerful villain.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #33
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Dragon Ball GT doesn't count. Actually, nothing after the Saiyan Saga really counts either. Vegeta was the final, and most powerful villain.

Didn't Akira say he wanted to stop at Frieza?
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #34
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Then who's the dude in your avy?
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #35
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

A spooky ghost.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #36
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
Didn't Akira say he wanted to stop at Frieza?

I remember reading that somewhere. But by then he had already reached the point of no return. Ssj ruined the series.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #37
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

Quote:

Quiet child, grownups are talking.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #38
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
A spooky ghost.
Oh my goodness gracious me
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #39
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
I remember reading that somewhere. But by then he had already reached the point of no return. Ssj ruined the series.

I sort of agree. Freiza's battle with Goku doesn't compare to Vegeta's battle with Goku.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #40
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Akira wanted to stop the series at the Frieza saga, originally, because of the build up to him. He was considered the most powerful warrior in the entire universe and only a Super Saiyajin could defeat him, while leaving Goku's life in the balance when Namek was going to blow up a mystery, whether he survived or not.

However, because of the fans and the growing popularity of Dragon Ball Z, the Cell saga came about. Only this time, Gohan would become the most powerful warrior, surpassing all the Z Fighters, including Goku. So then, the Cell Saga was going to be the final saga, but again... more fans wanted to see Goku as the hero over Gohan.

Akira made one more Saga, in the Buu Saga and pleased not only the fans but himself. Goku does kill Buu, but he keeps Gohan as the strongest fighter (non-fusion) in the universe. After that, Akira was done making Dragonball manga/anime. Toei Animation would make the final anime series in GT and you can see why it fails to compare to the original work, without Akira's direction (though, I thought it wasn't that bad, standing on it's own...).

Random notes:
- Gohan was the strongest figher at the end of the saga (not counting GT).
- SSJ Vegeto is the strongest fighter in all of the saga (not counting GT).
- Akria, I believe, said his favourite character in the saga is Gotenks.
- Akira said the events after Dragonball Z of the remaining characters fate, that Vegeta would be the first to die (due to high blood pressure; he was joking) and Dende would be the last to die (I think he mentions that he's like a son figure to him).

Anybody here watched the Dragonball-Z movies ? Any favourites ? Anyyou hate ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #41
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Anybody here watched the Dragonball-Z movies ? Any favourites ? Anyyou hate ?

The ones with Broly and Cooler were pretty cool.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #42
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The ones with Broly and Cooler were pretty cool.

I like the 2 Cooler movies too, especially the 2nd one.

The first Broly movie was the best of the Broly trilogy. The 2nd one was okay, I like the final battle scene, but the last one sucked.

The last 2 movies are really good. The one with Gogeta and the last one where Goku is doing the Dragon-Fist as a SSJ3.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #43
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

Quote:
I like the 2 Cooler movies too, especially the 2nd one.

The first Broly movie was the best of the Broly trilogy. The 2nd one was okay, I like the final battle scene, but the last one sucked.

The last 2 movies are really good. The one with Gogeta and the last one where Goku is doing the Dragon-Fist as a SSJ3.

I hadn't seen those. I might check them out. But I can never get back into dbz. I loved it when I was a kid, but when I try to watch it again I just shake my head.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #44
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Quote:
I hadn't seen those. I might check them out. But I can never get back into dbz. I loved it when I was a kid, but when I try to watch it again I just shake my head.

If you are going to check them out, the English names are called "Fusion Reborn" and "Wrath of the Dragon".

Have you tried watching the Japanese original and not the dubbed version ? I did and it makes so much difference... I couldn't believe how much the dubbed version (when they first came out) watered down the dialogue and added so much cheesy lines.

You could try doing that, if you haven't already.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #45
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

Quote:
If you are going to check them out, the English names are called "Fusion Reborn" and "Wrath of the Dragon".

Have you tried watching the Japanese original and not the dubbed version ? I did and it makes so much difference... I couldn't believe how much the dubbed version (when they first came out) watered down the dialogue and added so much cheesy lines.

You could try doing that, if you haven't already.

DBZ is one of the few anime that sounds better in English imo. (Along with Samurai Champloo and Kenichi). The Japanese voices for dbz sound ridiculous.

I guess dbz is just one of those things that better as a kid. Watching it now, I realize how silly it is. Even Naruto and One Piece do so much better with story writing, character development, and keeping ridiculous power levels under control.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: