Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #31
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: North Carolina...

Barnes with two back to back 25+ performances
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #32
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
Barnes with two back to back 25+ performances

16-5 and 6-1 in ACC play baby go heels!
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #33
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Playing FSU on Sunday.. hopefully Barnes has another big night.. and keeps his confidence up for Duke on Wednesday.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #34
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

I am not a player so I will look ahead.

The game against dook will be the most telling game; which shouldn't really need to be stated as it is also the toughest game on our schedule.

First off is the revenge factor.
-They beat the crap out of us last season at their place. No other way around it. If the returning players have any respect for themselves whatsoever, they will come out firing. Especially Z and Drew.

Then the matchups.
-Singler will undoubtedly play minutes at the 4 and I am interested to see how Roy counters that. Pulling Henson to the perimeter is one of the last things this team can afford. I'm curious to see if Roy has Harrison on Singler whenever they are both in the games. That includes at which position Singler is playing.
-Of course there is Nolan Smith... Drew and Dex were teared apart by Lorenzo Brown. I would hate to see what Smith is going to do to them, again. Someone has to step up and contain him.
-Not really worried about their pathetic bigs and the other shooters will make their shots, they always do. As long as the effort to fight through screens is there, I doubt they light us up.

The Barnes factor.
-We all know the recruiting battle we had for this guy. He is going to get abused like no other freshman has ever received before from their fans. It will be interesting to see if he forces his offense at the start of the game. With every missed shot the pressure will build. He needs to get off to a decent start. The kid looks unfathomable all the time, then again, what happened at the start of this season?
-Barnes of recent, not the Barnes of early on, please.

Henson and Z.
-They should have their own against the Plumless and the dufus looking kid who plays like a guard. Just like they should against most teams they play and they don't always show up. Unless Barnes, or one of the others, absolutely goes off, we aren't winning if Z and Henson combine for less than 25 points. Probably need more. We need more.

The sixth, seventh, eight, and ninth men.
-This goes for all games so I will make it quick. Our perimeter shooting comes from the bench, so we need Leslie and Reggie to show up. Same goes for Drew to be the 9:1 guy and the not the one who blows games. Knox can't afford to pick up the stupid cheap fouls he always does and, preferably, keep Watts sitting down. It is obvious that the 9 man rotation with regular subs is so much better than rotating 5 in and 5 out. Have some balls, Roy. It's against dook in CIS. All our players start off with 1 foul, if not more.

I am not expecting a win, however, if we don't show up then these last few games would be futile. Show something.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #35
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Way to completely **** us over, Drew.

Piece of shit. He is going to lose the eligibility of his junior season already, why transfer now? **** you.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what a statement game by Kendall Marshall dropping 16 dimes today, UNC moves to 17-5 overall and 7-1 in ACC play with a huge game coming up against Duke. I'm nervous as fuc*k as usual.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #37
BallinUSA
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BallinUSA has an OK reputation so far

This year is probably gone even though they played Duke tough but if Harrison & Henson come back next year? Legit top 10.

http://BallinUSA.com
BallinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #38
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinUSA
This year is probably gone even though they played Duke tough but if Harrison & Henson come back next year? Legit top 10.

http://BallinUSA.com

Gone? Not quite.

ACC regular season champs and looking more and more like a legitimate Final Four contender.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #39
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Since he has been at UNC has not been a great coach. That is the only coaching that concerns me. It took a lineup full of NBA players that he didnt recruit for him to get a title. But since then what has he done as a Tar Heel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
This post is just full of so much fail.

What has he done since then?

This is not counting the national championship he won in 2005...

1 National Championship
2 Final Fours
1 Elite Eight
3 ACC regular season championships (which mean MUCH more than winning the ACCT and that was when the ACC was still loaded)

Even if you take away the one national championship he won with Doh's players, he still has a list of accomplishments (in just 6 seasons) that a lot of coaches would KILL for for their entire 20+ year coaching career.

You either don't follow college basketball very closely, or your dislike for Roy Williams makes you stupid.

Add a 4th ACC championship to that resume. And what a great coaching job to turn this thing around. We get drilled by 20 at Georgia Tech, Larry Drew quits, and things look like they're falling apart. He gets things turned around, and now we're one of the hottest teams in the nation.

I still can't believe you asked "what has he done since winning a national championship in 2005", though. That has to be one of the most ignorant questions ever asked.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Since he has been at UNC has not been a great coach. That is the only coaching that concerns me. It took a lineup full of NBA players that he didnt recruit for him to get a title. But since then what has he done as a Tar Heel?

You were posting today in the Elite Eight thread, so I know you're around. I'd love to get some sort of response from you. Add another Elite Eight to his resume in just seven seasons at UNC.

So, his updated UNC resume would look like this...

2 National Titles
3 Final Fours
4 ACC Regular Season Championships
2 Elite Eights (separate from the Final Fours/National Championships)

Again, that's just his seven year UNC resume. Almost every other coach in the nation would KILL for that to be their entire resume over a 20-30 year coaching career. This might have been his best coaching job at UNC, too. In five of his eight years at North Carolina, he has at least got his team to the Elite Eight.

1. Wear twins transfer at the end of the last season leaving UNC with two big men. He gets Knox who was a solid player at Alabama, but nothing real special. Larry Drew quits mid-season. Reggie Bullock plays on a hurt knee most of the year, and is finally sidelined for the season after finding out he had a torn ACL. This left UNC with basically a 6 or 7 man rotation.

2. Roy inserts a true freshman as his starting PG, and after a 20 point humiliating loss at Georgia Tech, rallies the team to finish ACC play at 14-2.

3. Takes a team starting two freshmen and two sophomores - playing in their first ever NCAA tournament - and gets them to the Elite Eight.

So, this begs the question, what are your standards for a "great" coach?

Last edited by KG215 : 03-27-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #41
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Roy dub definitely did a great job with this team. No doubt in my mind he got us to overachieve this team may have been helped by a relatively easy path in the NCAA's but I really didn't think we were a loaded UNC team or even close to it. I'm exited for next year with James McAdoo coming in and another year for Kendall Marshall should be sweet and then you have Keller back, Henson remains a question hopefully he decides against turning pro. We all know Barnes is 99% gone but he really developed from the midway point of the season on. I am definitely happy with this season we got much further and did much better than I thought we could.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #42
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Roy dub definitely did a great job with this team. No doubt in my mind he got us to overachieve this team may have been helped by a relatively easy path in the NCAA's but I really didn't think we were a loaded UNC team or even close to it. I'm exited for next year with James McAdoo coming in and another year for Kendall Marshall should be sweet and then you have Keller back, Henson remains a question hopefully he decides against turning pro. We all know Barnes is 99% gone but he really developed from the midway point of the season on. I am definitely happy with this season we got much further and did much better than I thought we could.

I don't even know if Barnes is 99% gone.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...mors/_/id/3858

I know it's just a "source" and we have no idea who this source is. However, Barnes has let it be known since he signed with UNC that he "wanted to leave his mark and hang a banner in the rafters."

I'm not saying he's 99% coming back but I certainly don't think he's 99% gone.

I would say Henson and Zeller are both about 50/50 right now, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised with whatever they decide. Harrison is almost a sure-fire lottery pick, Henson is more than likely a lottery pick, and Zeller is probably a late first rounder.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #43
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I don't even know if Barnes is 99% gone.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...mors/_/id/3858

I know it's just a "source" and we have no idea who this source is. However, Barnes has let it be known since he signed with UNC that he "wanted to leave his mark and hang a banner in the rafters."

I'm not saying he's 99% coming back but I certainly don't think he's 99% gone.

I would say Henson and Zeller are both about 50/50 right now, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised with whatever they decide. Harrison is almost a sure-fire lottery pick, Henson is more than likely a lottery pick, and Zeller is probably a late first rounder.
good analysis on your part, good points.

I could see Harrison staying that would make Carolina dangerous next year with PJ and James McAdoo coming in. Another year for Barnes to get better same with henson and zeller that's all dreamy land for a UNC fan though lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #44
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
good analysis on your part, good points.

I could see Harrison staying that would make Carolina dangerous next year with PJ and James McAdoo coming in. Another year for Barnes to get better same with henson and zeller that's all dreamy land for a UNC fan though lol.

Yeah, I'm going to do what I did after the '07-'08 season when myself and every other UNC fan were wondering if Lawson, Hansbrough, Ellington, and Danny Green were going to come back or not. Hope for the best but expect the worst. Meaning, I'm going to expect Barnes, Henson, and Zeller all three to declare and sign an agent.

Like I've probably already said too many times, though, if Zeller, Henson, and Barnes all three come back, UNC will be sick next year.

Imagine this rotation...

PG: Marshall (SO)/Strickland (JR)
SG: Strickland (JR)/McDonald (JR)/Hairston (FR)
SF: Barnes (SO)/Bullock (SO)
PF: Henson (JR)/McAdoo (FR)
C: Zeller (SR)/Henson (JR)

That's a filthy nine man rotation. That's nine 4* and 5* former McDonald's All-Americans, Barnes would actually be a legitimate NPOY candidate, and Henson and Zeller would probably be on some sort of preseason All-American team. Of course, if everyone comes back and UNC doesn't win a national championship, then the season would end up being pretty disappointing.

Last edited by KG215 : 03-28-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #45
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

yes imagine the games between Duke and UNC next year... we'd hand it to them both times with that roster. But I see Barnes and Henson going, Zeller returning...

Marshall running show at point
Strickland at the 2 with Hairston, Bullock, McDonald all getting PT
probably McDonald starting at the 3, again Bullock and Hairston factor in
McAdoo would start at PF
Zeller at C

we'd be a little thin up front but that roster would still go deep in the tourney with potential to win it all. I really think Marshall will progress even more and McAdoo/Zeller is dynamite. Hairston's 3PT shooting will stretch the floor more than ever kid has JR Smith type range.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: