Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Where is Randolph?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
I'm critical of every player on the team. I say it like it is. It's clear we can't even engage in any type of argument with you because you're a clown with no basketball knowledge.

Dude, just the other day there was a post on the main forum about Randolph, and you blamed his problems on Felton. Don't act like you didn't.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Randolph is a very raw player. He cannot help this team win games.

He would be playing if we were losing.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Randolph is a very raw player. He cannot help this team win games.

He would be playing if we were losing.

He is raw, but he is tall and super athletic. If we can get Mozgov the amount of minutes he has gotten, then we should be able to squeeze 10 minutes/game for him to develop.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #19
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Dude, just the other day there was a post on the main forum about Randolph, and you blamed his problems on Felton. Don't act like you didn't.
I blamed Felton for 18 games. I'm sure I did say that. And look how much better the team has been since he changed his game. The stats haven't changed, but the people that have watched every game can see a noticeable difference. Now there is balance. He actually hits the guy going to the rim instead of turning it over, forcing a bad shot, or just plain ruining the possession. That doesn't change the fact that when Randolph's out there, he plays like he's the only player on the court. He dives into the paint 1-on-5. He shoots bad jumpers. He leaves his man constantly to go for that highlight block.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
He is raw, but he is tall and super athletic. If we can get Mozgov the amount of minutes he has gotten, then we should be able to squeeze 10 minutes/game for him to develop.
He's also SUPER thin. The reason Mozgov gets minutes is because he's an actual Center. He makes a ton of mistakes, but he's huge and can at least guard and box out bigger guys. Also he knows his place. He rarely tries to do too much. When you toss him the ball too far he immediately looks for the PG and gets him the ball. I haven't been particularly impressed with Mozgov, but he's the lesser of two evils at this point.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
Sarcastic

Quote:
He's also SUPER thin. The reason Mozgov gets minutes is because he's an actual Center. He makes a ton of mistakes, but he's huge and can at least guard and box out bigger guys. Also he knows his place. He rarely tries to do too much. When you toss him the ball too far he immediately looks for the PG and gets him the ball. I haven't been particularly impressed with Mozgov, but he's the lesser of two evils at this point.

I understand why Mozgov has gotten minutes, but it's not like we are stacked at PF either. Other than Amar'e and Randolph, no one else is actually listed as PF. Amar'e doesn't play 48 minutes a game. We should be able to get AR in for a few. To say we can't, and every minute must be accounted for with our superlative line up is a farce.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I understand why Mozgov has gotten minutes, but it's not like we are stacked at PF either. Other than Amar'e and Randolph, no one else is actually listed as PF. Amar'e doesn't play 48 minutes a game. We should be able to get AR in for a few. To say we can't, and every minute must be accounted for with our superlative line up is a farce.
When Randolph was playing he completely messed up the offensive flow.

He just isn't a smart player and makes bone head mistakes damn near each possession down the court.

Believe me I want him to play, but not at the expense of a win.

Mozgov will play some form of defense, but needs to learn the game.

Mozgov is a center though and we have none other than him.

He will play and he doesn't really play that much for him being the only legit center we have.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #23
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Chandler plays PF almost exclusively now. Except last night when he played a few minutes at Center. Now you got Shawne Williams eating some minutes cause he played well.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
When Randolph was playing he completely messed up the offensive flow.

He just isn't a smart player and makes bone head mistakes damn near each possession down the court.

Believe me I want him to play, but not at the expense of a win.

Mozgov will play some form of defense, but needs to learn the game.

Mozgov is a center though and we have none other than him.

He will play and he doesn't really play that much for him being the only legit center we have.
Exactly. And I'm sure D'Antoni's thinking the same thing. The chemistry's just not right when he's out there. What we need is to blow out teams so guys like Randolph and Rautins can get some court time.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #25
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Chandler plays PF almost exclusively now. Except last night when he played a few minutes at Center.

He had 9 boards doing it, very nice to see.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Like I said before Chandler is a PF nuff said.

Randolph's problem was summed up perfectly by new york knicks. The guy is just not intelligent basketball wise. He could get numbers if he doesnt have plays called but with in a system the guy is just terrible.
He should just find his game with in the system which has been difficult.

He has potential though.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #27
Sarcastic

How is Chandler a PF?

He never posts up. Everything time he scores it's on a drive or a jumper. Sounds like a SF to me.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #28
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
How is Chandler a PF?

He never posts up. Everything time he scores it's on a drive or a jumper. Sounds like a SF to me.
Amare never posts up and he's a PF/C. Chandler's always been a combo forward but is naturally more of a PF. He's said so himself. He blocks shots, grabs rebounds and looks more comfortable maneuvering in the paint. Also, he can't pass and his ballhandling is mediocre. He's more of a natural interior player that added some perimeter dimensions to his game. He played PF in college.

Last edited by New York Knicks : 12-06-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #29
New York Knicks
Banned

You can even look at the scouting reports on Chandler and his main weakness has always been ballhandling. He never looks comfortable with the ball. He always looks out of control. I don't trust him as a full-time SF. He has a great first-step but he can't use it because he lacks decent ball control. If he speeds up too fast, he'll lose the ball. That's why he moves with the ball so slowly. How can nobody else see that? I shouldn't have to explain this. If you've been following basketball and played basketball, it should be easy to notice how unnatural Wil looks handling the ball. Here's an analysis from DraftExpress from '09:
Quote:
Capable of putting up scoring numbers, but has yet to learn how to do so efficiently early on in his career. Relies extremely heavily on his jump-shot as his main source of production, but is not very consistent from beyond the arc just yet. Very solid from mid-range on the catch and shoot, but is extremely streaky from 3-point range and struggles pulling up off the dribble. Cannot create his own shot off the dribble, possesses a quick first step, but is a poor ball-handler, particularly with his left hand, and cannot change directions on his way to the basket. Does not get to the free throw line much at all. Terrific in the open floor, and is a fantastic finisher around the basket if he has space to operate. A good fit in Mike D’Antoni’s offense for that reason, especially if he can improve his perimeter jumper. Shows potential in that regard from time to time, but shot-selection and consistency still leave a lot to be desired. Decent passer and not too turnover prone. Would be wise to develop a back to the basket game, in order to take advantage of mismatches at the SF position.

From '07 (pre-draft I think):
Quote:
Continuing with his perimeter skills, we find Chandler’s biggest weakness—his ball-handling. Chandler is a poor ball-handler right now any way you slice it, looking out of control trying to create his own shot and make his way all the way to the rim. He lacks complete control of the ball and therefore is slowed down by it substantially, which nullifies what would otherwise be a fantastic first step. With a clear path to the rim, he can take a long stride or two and come up with a highlight reel caliber finish, but anything more advanced than that—particularly with his left hand—is out of his repertoire for the most part. That doesn’t seem to stop him from trying, though, resulting in some bad turnovers after dribbling the ball out of control with his head down right into a brick wall. No one has probably ever accused Chandler of having too high of a basketball IQ, at least from what we could tell.
Now Gallinari isn't a much better ball-handler, but he's a better shooter. And you need him to spread the floor.

Last edited by New York Knicks : 12-06-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #30
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Amare never posts up and he's a PF/C. Chandler's always been a combo forward but is naturally more of a PF. He's said so himself. He blocks shots, grabs rebounds and looks more comfortable maneuvering in the paint. Also, he can't pass and his ballhandling is mediocre. He's more of a natural interior player that added some perimeter dimensions to his game. He played PF in college.

When I talk about Power Forwards I mean the old school type, that means playing in the post.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: