Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #31
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Where is Randolph?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
When I talk about Power Forwards I mean the old school type, that means playing in the post.
But how many of those are there anymore? Most teams don't have traditional back-to-the-basket players. Hell, we don't even have ONE (that plays). Even in college Chandler didn't play SF. He played PF and some Center, but rarely SF because of his problems trying to handle the ball.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:44 AM   #32
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
But how many of those are there anymore? Most teams don't have traditional back-to-the-basket players. Hell, we don't even have ONE (that plays). Even in college Chandler didn't play SF. He played PF and some Center, but rarely SF because of his problems trying to handle the ball.
I know, there aren't many big men with a good post game. There aren't many players better at posting up than Carmelo Anthony, and he is a small forward.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #33
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As of now it seems to me that MDA would rather play Amare -> Chandler -> Williams -> Gallo at PF before considering taking AR out of his dog house.

And I cannot blame him for this, the kid has looked lost out there when he played.
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea but you HAVE to play him...he's just still young and has potential.I agree he's stunk it up but he's also had good years in GS so that should tell you he is CAPABLE of better.It's your job as a coach to get that outta him.I find it hard to believe he's that bad to where he cant yield SOME minutes.At least play him to help him maintain his trade stock.@ this rate,he wont be worth anything.Im not a fan but my fear is that we let him go and he develops into a big time player.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #35
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree, but not at the expense of wins... and we haven't had many chances for garbage time as yet
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #36
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but you HAVE to play him...he's just still young and has potential.I agree he's stunk it up but he's also had good years in GS so that should tell you he is CAPABLE of better.It's your job as a coach to get that outta him.I find it hard to believe he's that bad to where he cant yield SOME minutes.At least play him to help him maintain his trade stock.@ this rate,he wont be worth anything.Im not a fan but my fear is that we let him go and he develops into a big time player.
His job as coach is to produce wins. MDA already has his rotation set. What they need to do is blow out teams so Randolph can get some playing time. Why do people question MDA so much? I'm sure if Randolph was showing something in practice, he'd get on the court. Look at Shawne Williams. I'm sure he showed something positive in practice so he got playing time.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #37
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
His job as coach is to produce wins. MDA already has his rotation set. What they need to do is blow out teams so Randolph can get some playing time. Why do people question MDA so much? I'm sure if Randolph was showing something in practice, he'd get on the court. Look at Shawne Williams. I'm sure he showed something positive in practice so he got playing time.

Because he is not that good of a coach.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #38
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Because he is not that good of a coach.
It's easier to blame the coach than the players. But when was the last time the Knicks were 12-9? 2001?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #39
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

i dont get the talk about wilson being a power forward either. just cause a guy doesnt have great handle and blocks some shots, hes a pf? why isnt he one? hes undersized, hes always on the perimeter, hes a slasher, hes more athletic than most pfs, he doesnt rebound like one and he cant guard a real power forward. sure at times he can play it in the right system, but id say hes more of a 3 than a 4.

Last edited by BrooklynZoo : 12-06-2010 at 06:49 PM.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #40
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Trade him for a draft pick or a vet big so that we don't have to put up with butter hands Tim

Or trade him for Thabeet or Yi.

Last edited by WhySoInsecure? : 12-06-2010 at 11:40 PM.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
i dont get the talk about wilson being a power forward either. just cause a guy doesnt have great handle and blocks some shots, hes a pf? why isnt he one? hes undersized, hes always on the perimeter, hes a slasher, hes more athletic than most pfs, he doesnt rebound like one and he cant guard a real power forward. sure at times he can play it in the right system, but id say hes more of a 3 than a 4.
You are going to hear the "that's that he played in college excuse".

Chandler is not an NBA PF. He is developing more into a wing player, which has SF written all over him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #42
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It's easier to blame the coach than the players. But when was the last time the Knicks were 12-9? 2001?

That doesn't mean he is a good coach. Spoelstra has a better record with the Heat this year, but I don't think he is a good coach either.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #43
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You are going to hear the "that's that he played in college excuse".

Chandler is not an NBA PF. He is developing more into a wing player, which has SF written all over him.
I didn't say he was an NBA PF. I've maintained that he has the body of a SF but without SF skills. He is slowly trying to develop SF skills. But he's not gonna improve his handles enough to be a starting SF in the NBA. That's something you develop at a young age. He's uncomfortable handling the ball. He's more of a finisher. I wouldn't trust him trying to create shots for himself. He's more of a less athletic Shawn Marion with worse handles. I'm just trying to emphasize how pedestrian Wil's handles are. And I'm not just talking about creativity. I'm talking about ball control. There are PFs that have better ball control than Wil. You can tell that the role of SF was just forced upon him when he got into the NBA based on how poorly he controls the ball.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #44
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That doesn't mean he is a good coach. Spoelstra has a better record with the Heat this year, but I don't think he is a good coach either.
The Heat were projected to be a 60+ win team this season. The Knicks were predicted to be a fringe playoff team winning 37-40 games. A lot of analysts had us missing the playoffs completely. There's a huge difference.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #45
Sarcastic

Quote:
The Heat were projected to be a 60+ win team this season. The Knicks were predicted to be a fringe playoff team winning 37-40 games. A lot of analysts had us missing the playoffs completely. There's a huge difference.

The Knicks were projected to be a 6-8 seed, which is right about where they are now.

Don't forget that they needed this nice winning streak to get over the huge losing streak they had earlier this year. They haven't overachieved yet, or anything like that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: