Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
crazybob60
Can barely lace up my sneakers

crazybob60 has an OK reputation so far
Default Need HELP!!!!!! Who to drop to get Mike Miller?????

Mike Miller is a FA in my league and I would like to get him in a week or so and stash him away for when he does come back in a few weeks. I have been able to hold my own with injuries to Boozer and Davis and now hopefully with them back, I would like to get Miller. My league is a 12 team Head to Head league, with weekly scoring and daily lineup changes. The categories are FG%, FT%, 3PT Made, Pts, Rebs, Asts, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. We have 3 bench spots and start PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, and Util

My team:

Rajon Rondo (PG)
Jamal Crawford (PG, SG)
Dorrell Wright (SG, SF)
Richard Jefferson (SF)
Corey Maggette (SF, PF)
Vince Carter (SG, SF)
Emeka Okafor
Pau Gasol (PF, C)
Zach Randolph (PF, C)
Channing Frye (PF, C)
Baron Davis (PG)
Jeff Green (SF, PF)
Carlos Boozer (PF, C)

So who would be my best option to drop for Mike Miller?

And I would still probably hold off another week or so to when Miller is getting ready to come back to snatch him up, so that also oopens up the option of Brook Lopez coming back too and cutting into Channing Frye's time, so that is also something to think about.

Right now, I think my options are limited to Frye or Maggette? Or do you all see someone else to drop and who would that be? Also, how long would you all wait to make the move and get Miller because I don't want to wait too long and risk another team getting him but on the flip side of that I don't want to get him too soon and risk losing some of the categories during the week because I have let a guy go too early with no way of making up some of his production.

Also, last question and more importantly, what kind of production can I expect out of Mike Miller for the rest of the season and once he gets his legs back and such and in shape. Like his per game averages, I doubt they will be near his career averages, but how closely you think he will get to that?

Thanks!

I will answer your questions.....please help
crazybob60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Need HELP!!!!!! Who to drop to get Mike Miller?????

Other than Davis, Maggette and Frye, I don't see anyone who'd be a must drop for Miller type deal. Even with Davis and Frye it's iffy in my mind. He'll get better FG% then Davis and Maggette, but won't average as many assists as Davis.

As for what he'll average, probably around what he was doing in Washington last year. 10-12 pts, 2-3 three pointers and maybe a couple of assists.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I expect Miller to be a bit overrated for fantasy value when he finally returns, but who knows? With Delfino returning soon, Maggette is your best drop.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
crazybob60
Can barely lace up my sneakers

crazybob60 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, Maggette was who I was leaning towards now that Baron Davis has returned and actually put up a decent game. Do you think that Frye's numbers though are still going to be somewhat good even after Lopez returns? Because isn't Lopez only going to be out a few more weeks? Or have I got wrong information there?

And I guess Miller would still be a better option than Maggette, huh?
crazybob60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybob60
Yeah, Maggette was who I was leaning towards now that Baron Davis has returned and actually put up a decent game. Do you think that Frye's numbers though are still going to be somewhat good even after Lopez returns? Because isn't Lopez only going to be out a few more weeks? Or have I got wrong information there?

And I guess Miller would still be a better option than Maggette, huh?

You're going to be stuck sitting MM for another month in H2H, so you'll need Frye a lot more than Maggette, and yes Lopez is still out for a few weeks.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far

It looks like MM is out until at least XMas and probably early Jan... might be a bit early to grab and stash.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: