Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Best night of Bball in my life.

Ok I don't know what the hell happened to me between like 1 month ago to now... but my attitude has changed completely. When I first came back in nearly 3 months a month ago, I was sorry. My shot was off, my confidence was shot, and we got blown off the court. The next time I played, it was better, but I was still playing with too much adrenaline and I just wasn't quite comfortable on the court. I have been comfortable on the floor, but never confident enough to be really aggressive. Anyway, Last time I played (2 weeks ago), I handled the ball the whole game pretty much and me and friend were basically the only real offensive options... And I felt good on the floor, but still I was not that aggressive... But I could feel the change coming. I only played one game that night, but my attitude was so much different and I left really happy with the way I played.

Tonight tho... Holy crap from the minute I stepped on the floor, I owned that floor. I'm not saying I dominated or scored a bunch of points, but everything I wanted to do, I did. When I wanted to make a play, I did, mostly finding open teammates, but also taking some shots for me too... Shots I would not normally take... making moves I wouldn't normally make. A couple of times they iso'd it up for me at the top of the key (something I don't normally like), and I just tried to make my guy look silly. I backed up crossing between my legs like Kobe and popped a 3 right in this guys face. On another occasion, with the opportunity to win with a 2, I split a double team and found a teammate wide open for 2. He didn't take it cus he wasn't feelin it, (everyone was pissed at him lol) but he made up for it tho later with a game winning 2. That's beside the point tho... the point is that I split a double team and found a guy wide open! I don't split doubles... I don't Iso myself up at the top of the key (well I do now! ) ... that is just stuff that I have not done in my life, but tonight, it felt like I have done it my whole life. I was confident in everything I was doing. In the post, I have great moves, but I hardly ever use them... tonight, it was only once (I got limited opps tho), but I shimmied my guy so bad for an easy bucket... and another time I had a nice spin move on a fast break for an easy bucket. I could sense some of the other guys on the other team pressing like I would ... and I knew they were dead. You just can't play like that... I won't ever again.

This night was just amazing to me. I didn't give a shit about turnovers *I didn't have any first 3 games but had a few the last game), I was just ready play again and make a play. This is only pickup ball... but you guys have to understand, I've only played pickup ball in my life after age 11, and I have had the same dumb attitude that whole time. Sometimes I would play well, sometimes I wouldn't... but I was never trying to create and I never felt like if need be I could take over.... I wasn't aggressive. It's different tho now. It's awesome. Sorry talked your guys ear off but this stuff just made my damn night.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 12-04-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Best night of Bball in my life.

Thats great! keep it up
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
JJ81
Good college starter

Cool, well done. What level do you play at?
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Cool, well done. What level do you play at?

I play at the 24 hour fitness level... So just a slight step beneath the NBA
Old 12-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

I feel ya man.
I'm going through the same thing right now.
Playing pretty bad for the most part but having certain days where i'm just givin everyone on the court the bidness.

Still trying to figure out how to do it more consistently
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
irondarts

nice man, keep working hard and doing your thing!
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

When you're on fire it's probably the best feeling ever. Nothing is better than having total control of the game, setting the tempo, driving at will then dishing if help comes. And when the pull up J falls, now that is awesome.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
When you're on fire it's probably the best feeling ever. Nothing is better than having total control of the game, setting the tempo, driving at will then dishing if help comes. And when the pull up J falls, now that is awesome.

Yea it's basically being the PG. I mean normally I would just be a knock down jumpshooter (Like a Kyle Korver type) with good off ball movement. I would say I was more of combo guard tho the other night spotting up, creating for teammates, and also scoring in isolation. 3 guys on our team (including me) could handle the handle the ball well so we all just kind of took turns bringing it up the floor.

I wasn't even on fire... in fact I missed almost all of my open 3's. I was probably like 5-15 or something like that overall... which is honestly terrible for me considering I hardly ever take a contested 3. The only one I took, I made... and it wasn't contested that great tho. Otherwise it's all open 3's from spotting up or pullups in transition. Spotting up tho yea I was like 2-12 or something absolutely terrible lol. I probably only averaged 3 points a game so (games to 12 by 1's and 2's)... the scoring was pretty balanced across the board. It was the way I was playing that got me excited tho... the looseness, being comfortable on the court, detached yet focused... That's just the way I always want to play.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
ap34

Swaggin random question but how do you feel about the jump manual? A friend and I were thinking about starting on it.
ap34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I have never tried jump manual but the guy who created it stresses great principles and is readily available to answer any questions you may have (at least he was... I don't know maybe he has less time on his hands now but I have no idea). I'm sure it's definitely a program worth trying.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
ap34

Thanks bro. its either the jump manual or this program right here:

http://www.thefreetofly.com/2010/07/...valuation.html

I kinda like this one because its kind of tailormade for different athletes and its free lol. what do u think about that program?
ap34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap34
Thanks bro. its either the jump manual or this program right here:

http://www.thefreetofly.com/2010/07/...valuation.html

I kinda like this one because its kind of tailormade for different athletes and its free lol. what do u think about that program?

Another good program. the guy who made that also knows what he is doing and his stuff is free so you can't beat it lol.

Eventually you will gain enough knowledge and experience to make your own for yourself.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Sticks
Serious playground baller

I totally know this feeling. Been playing better and better and have been in the 2nd team of my uni for a while this season due to limited time to practice. But recently been tearing it up, got a chance to play with our 1st team and managed to not just make the court but to contribute with 13 points, some rebounds, assists and even a nice chase-down block.

I guess it's all in the mind... Life's going good so the game is feeling like it's coming easy.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

My best basketball night, came in June one summer at SMU Elite Basketball Camp. Dropped 53. Felt like MJ that night.

Or the night I scored 37, then my dad took me to see "He Got Game" after the game.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
GhostDeini32
serenity now

lies, lies, lies.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: