Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Am I the only one who doesn't adore Family Guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Family Guy is the only animated show that I like. It's funny as hell.

The show's been getting trashed in this thread even before you put your taylor swift limited edition stamp of approval on it, no need to make matters worse.

I think the show was much better in the first three seasons, but it will still have random hilarious scenes in it here and there, it's just no longer must see tv.

And I agree, Simpsons in its prime, and South Park in its entirety, blow the family guy manatee out of the water
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #17
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

I'm not a fan. Mostly because of all the fanboys who swear it's the funniest thing ever and do everything but threaten violence to get me to watch it.

It's the Dane Cook of the cartoon world.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's funny but it's not a GREAT show. It's something that i'll laugh at when it's on, but when people start comparing it to Simpsons and South Park then I gotta step in and say something. So yeah it's funny, but it's nothing award-worthy
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
It's funny but it's not a GREAT show. It's something that i'll laugh at when it's on, but when people start comparing it to Simpsons and South Park then I gotta step in and say something. So yeah it's funny, but it's nothing award-worthy
Yea exactly, it's show you'll watch from time to time and laugh, but nothing that you'd talk about for days on how funny it is.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #20
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Does anyone actually watch King of the Hill? I have like a billion of those recorded and I watch them just as much as Simpsons and Family Guy. I don't watch South Park at all though. Never watched an entire episode. I'll admit, I never really tried to watch it, though I hear funny shit about it. I'm just turned off by the animation. Yeah, I know the animation doesn't mean shit, but I've just never tried to get into the show, but I wanna start. I know the shit is funny when I see clips. Although I think they rely too much on profanity.

King of the Hill is funny as hell to me. Maybe its because I use to live in Texas and I immediately get all the stereotypical and witty jokes they have that I find ****ing hilarious. Cowboys, trucks, high school football, small town, propane, I get all that shit, and its just hilarious to sees an average old fashion Texas family that I have seen in real life, go through the absolute funniest shit that may not even be that funny, but just becomes funny due to the lifestyle of these people, and their old fashion, slightly hillbilly like, propane like, grilling hot ass Texas ways.

I don't know, I just love that show, and I was sad when I found out it was canceled like a year ago.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #21
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its not meant to be a 'smart' cartoon. It has its 'witty' moments, but its mostly an absurd cartoon. One that leaves you scratching your head like "wtf?". It is an acquired sense of humor I gotta admit, and its very juvenile as well.... but that's the entire point.

Brian is there to point out the absurdity of it all and provide social commentary from time to time, but the absurdity is that A DOG is the one trying to bring civility and often mocking humans.

American Dad on the other hand, is better crafted and a better all around show. It doesn't hide or pull any punches in its political and social stances.

Both are funny imo for their own reasons.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #22
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

use to love the show, now i find the jokes to be really cheap, most of them at least, once in a while they have a real "zinger" and i chuckle

i miss the 90s simpsons though
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #23
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like simpsons, i'm ok with family guy, i don't like south park at all. because the people who likes it. they are not the ones i respect. so yeah, which cathegory does that put me into?
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #24
MrJohnWall
Great young streetballer

MrJohnWall has a bad reputationMrJohnWall has a bad reputationMrJohnWall has a bad reputation

First few seasons were classic. But then the show slowly fell of season by season.
And at this point its unbearable to watch. The new episodes are just flat out terrible
MrJohnWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
MrJohnWall
Great young streetballer

MrJohnWall has a bad reputationMrJohnWall has a bad reputationMrJohnWall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
Does anyone actually watch King of the Hill? I have like a billion of those recorded and I watch them just as much as Simpsons and Family Guy. I don't watch South Park at all though. Never watched an entire episode. I'll admit, I never really tried to watch it, though I hear funny shit about it. I'm just turned off by the animation. Yeah, I know the animation doesn't mean shit, but I've just never tried to get into the show, but I wanna start. I know the shit is funny when I see clips. Although I think they rely too much on profanity.

King of the Hill is funny as hell to me. Maybe its because I use to live in Texas and I immediately get all the stereotypical and witty jokes they have that I find ****ing hilarious. Cowboys, trucks, high school football, small town, propane, I get all that shit, and its just hilarious to sees an average old fashion Texas family that I have seen in real life, go through the absolute funniest shit that may not even be that funny, but just becomes funny due to the lifestyle of these people, and their old fashion, slightly hillbilly like, propane like, grilling hot ass Texas ways.

I don't know, I just love that show, and I was sad when I found out it was canceled like a year ago.
King of the hill is a classic show. Dont know why people slept on it
MrJohnWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #26
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #27
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

although i like south park better, but this show is alright, except when they sing
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i used to watch it all the time but not any more. it's getting old.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

I've watched it a few times. I think it's pretty funny. But I don't really like cartoons in general.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

watched a few episodes but that's about it.

to the guy who liked King of the Hill. I agree, that's a great show.
It's like an animated Everybody Loves Raymond.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: